Kyler Murray Appreciation Thread

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'll say this.

One of Kyler's biggest issues has not been playing to his talent level and inconsistency, but I have more confidence in this version of Kyler than any previous version to fix those issues.

I feel more confident I'll be back here at season end (or before) saying "Yeah this is the Kyler we all want" than the opposite.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t know where else to put this & I’m not sure it requires a new thread, but this is interesting.

Talks about pre-snap motion

EDIT: Actually, I’ll just turn it into a thread anyway.

602 Native

Veteran
Reaction score
This aged poorly.

Also, is it technically a "short form"...? ;)
Oh this will age very well because K1 is a franchise QB despite what you might think.

Couldn’t stop the run and couldn’t run. That is the story of yesterday’s game. Too bad you guys can’t understand that.

Look at the time of possession it will tell you everything.

Reactions: urs

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess

Check the last 4 weeks of the season my man.
My man, it was YOU who said the Cardinals had the number 1 offense in the league when Kyler played last season. He played 8 games last season, not just the last 4 of the season. But I can see why you’d want to cherry pick those stats in the last 4 games.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LJack absolutely should have been taken but what does that have to do with K1?
I was responding to @urs who claimed I was a huge Rosen fan. That's all.

Just never been sold on Murray. I am a Cards' fan so of course I WANT him to do well, but I see his ceiling as being a really good QB that will give us some good seasons, put up some big numbers, but never get us over the hump and win it all.

602 Native

Veteran
Reaction score
I was responding to @urs who claimed I was a huge Rosen fan. That's all.

Just never been sold on Murray. I am a Cards' fan so of course I WANT him to do well, but I see his ceiling as being a really good QB that will give us some good seasons, put up some big numbers, but never get us over the hump and win it all.
You just described Matt Stafford prior to LA.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Oh this will age very well because K1 is a franchise QB despite what you might think.

Couldn’t stop the run and couldn’t run. That is the story of yesterday’s game. Too bad you guys can’t understand that.

Look at the time of possession it will tell you everything.
Couldn't avoid throwing terrible balls into double coverage--oh, wait, that doesn't fit your one-track narrative, does it?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couldn't avoid throwing terrible balls into double coverage--oh, wait, that doesn't fit your one-track narrative, does it?
I think he threw one to Dortch when Dortch had three guys draped on him. Wouldn't that lead you to believe that someone else had to be open?

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Man BIM it appears you dislike Murray about as much as I dislike Joe Burrow. Which is a lot. lol..
He quoted a KM stan who had posted a "KM has been a god all along" take. BIM is 100 percent correct in that it didn't age well. To argue that KM has been transcendent since he has entered the league is beyond laughable.

This is not knocking you. I know you're a big KM fan, but you do tend to be realistic as well. Frankly, I love the discourse between you and I probably the most on this board in the last few years.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You just described Matt Stafford prior to LA.
Yeah, but at least he's a prototypical QB (6'3", 220) who can stand tall, deliver the ball, and be just mobile enough when needed. There were plenty of Cardinals' fans hoping we could get him from the Lions during his time in Detroit. Everyone had a feeling that he could win the big game someday.

602 Native

Veteran
Reaction score
Imagine not knowing that lack of a run game means there are more defensive backs on the defense.