Kyler Murray Appreciation Thread

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I don't think Kyler considers his completion percentage in the moment, but I feel it is something he has been concerned/protected about since he came into the league. He has never thrown the ball away both in the pocket or outside of it. He takes losses behind the LOS instead of just tossing it out of bounds. Somehow he has been coached/taught to not throw the ball away which the only reason not to is to preserve your comp%.
Is that really the only reason? What if when you go to throw it away you get hit by a defender you lost track of and it leads to a turnover? It's not about his completion percentage, but protecting the ball and at times to the team's detriment.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Is that really the only reason? What if when you go to throw it away you get hit by a defender you lost track of and it leads to a turnover? It's not about his completion percentage, but protecting the ball and at times to the team's detriment.
This could be accurate, but I have never known any coach to coach this behavior. Inside the pocket, potentially yes, but outside the pocket and heading to the sideline...never.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake