Kyler Murray Debate Thread

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Support thread and mediocre threads are closed. The various sides of the Murray discussion is polluting multiple discussions.

So this is where you can debate about Kyler Murray as much and as often as you like outside of Game Day related threads.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We just can't have nice things.

We can have many nice things. What is happening though is like 6 people are bringing the same argument into EVERYTHING.

Hassan Reddick turned into Kyler Murray for Pete's sake. So if you want to participate and read it, here is the place to be.

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score
We can have many nice things. What is happening though is like 6 people are bringing the same argument into EVERYTHING.

Hassan Reddick turned into Kyler Murray for Pete's sake. So if you want to participate and read it, here is the place to be.
I wonder who that could be. LOL

Just hoping we play well on Monday night and get a win.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
paging @Ouchie-Z-Clown

re Kyler "having the green light to scramble"

Again, I really don't know. I understand some plays are RPOs, and also that he audibles sometimes, but how far his ability to modify a play call extends, I'm really not sure.

And he talks all the time about being great, trying to be "the best ever" and all of that. Plus I think he wants to be seen as a leader, and wants the respect and admiration of his teammates. Of guys like Conner, Dortch, Wilson, "Higgy-Bear", McBride, etc

So I have a really hard time believing that he's passing up opportunities for easy 11 yard run-and-slides in favor of more difficult back shoulder throws to MHJ. But who knows? Maybe he doesn't want to call his own number too much?

It's really mysterious to me.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
paging @Ouchie-Z-Clown

re Kyler "having the green light to scramble"

Again, I really don't know. I understand some plays are RPOs, and also that he audibles sometimes, but how far his ability to modify a play call extends, I'm really not sure.

And he talks all the time about being great, trying to be "the best ever" and all of that. Plus I think he wants to be seen as a leader, and wants the respect and admiration of his teammates. Of guys like Conner, Dortch, Wilson, "Higgy-Bear", McBride, etc

So I have a really hard time believing that he's passing up opportunities for easy 11 yard run-and-slides in favor of more difficult back shoulder throws to MHJ. But who knows? Maybe he doesn't want to call his own number too much?

It's really mysterious to me.
Stay on target. We talkin bout gravy.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
KM is the least of our worries. I don’t know what people are thinking otherwise.
It's hard because he's such a focal point. This is like when fans were attacking Adrian Wilson back in the day (before he deserved it!). You're not going to get better by replacing the second- or third-best player on your unit; you have to push out the #8, #9, and #10 guys.

I think that Kyler's challenges are so persistent and obvious that it's difficult to understand why they're not fixed. You can still make and win a Super Bowl with a QB who is between the 15th and 9th best players at his position, but it places a huge burden on the rest of the organization.