Kyler Murray Debate Thread

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
MHJ would have likely dropped it if he found him :)

I deleted it as this one is better. Yes Kyler gets initial pressure but when he avoids that he has to see Marv downfield. These are the plays that make a difference between winning and losing.

This is a good play for me in summing up Kyler. On the face of it he makes a nice play to avoid the sack and find McBride, I'm sure QBR gave him a bunch of points for that, what it doesn't account for is missing the wide open guy downfield for a certain TD.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I deleted it as this one is better. Yes Kyler gets initial pressure but when he avoids that he has to see Marv downfield. These are the plays that make a difference between winning and losing.

This is a good play for me in summing up Kyler. On the face of it he makes a nice play to avoid the sack and find McBride, I'm sure QBR gave him a bunch of points for that, what it doesn't account for is missing the wide open guy downfield for a certain TD.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
He’s definitely missed a streaking MHJ a handful of times this season. Kyler’s vision leaves much to be desired

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
These are the plays that make a difference between winning and losing.
Good news: we won anyway.

Never heard more about QBR than when Kyler started ranking high in it. Seems like Kyler being in a lot of close games, running for first downs, and not having to pass much is helping his rate stats.

Would love to have more volume. The opponent scored 15 points on five field goals and we won by two points at home. Gotta get better play from the QB position.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Never heard more about QBR than when Kyler started ranking high in it. Seems like Kyler being in a lot of close games, running for first downs, and not having to pass much is helping his rate stats.

Would love to have more volume. The opponent scored 15 points on five field goals and we won by two points at home. Gotta get better play from the QB position.
Truth all of this

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Eh. Like I said Brit. Get Murray another Dhop and watch him suddenly become a more competent passer.

Also, how effective is Murray when he's throwing to Big Play Trey? See what I mean?

And didn't you like how calm and poised he was last night?

The Chargers pass rush was on him, but he still executed most of the plays pretty well, including on the game winning drive.

I'm proud of Murray gutting out a tough win just like I'm proud of Conner and the defense.
I will definitely give him credit for poise last night. There was a play in the 1st where he shuffled around in the pocket like Warner would have.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

FWIW I'll stop bring up QBR. It does favor less volume. I used it last year to note how much he struggled in this this offense imo. I will say the good thing is he isn't taking bad sacks and killing drives.

Obviously we hope for a clear eye test/winning that he is playing much better football going forward.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan