La Canfora: Expect Reid to end up in AZ

OP
OP
HoodieBets

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
When this happens and we see the staff it will be the best offseason day the cardinals have ever had.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Vick has stated publicly that he wasn't happy with how Reid benched him for Foles after he was back from injury. I don't see the relationship getting repaired.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance on this one but how is Pat Shurmur as an OC? Don't know anything about him.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This would make the NFC West 4/4 on coaches under the Bill Walsh coaching tree.

This would make the NFCW a bruising division and a high flying circus act with all four teams. In short, it will be the most exciting division in all of football.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason-la-canfora/21483544

Numerous sources have said former Browns GM Tom Heckert is most likely to end up with Reid there; Heckert worked with Reid in Philadelphia. Also, Reid may able to salvage quarterback Kevin Kolb, who he drafted and coached with the Eagles.

Reid would look at recently fired Browns coach Pat Shurmur for a coordinator position. Reid is expected to pursue former offensive line coach/defensive coordinator Juan Castillo for his offensive line position and former Vikings head coach Brad Childress, Shurmur's coordinator in Cleveland, could also join the staff as a quarterback coach.

Wow. What a day to be a Cards fan.

Hopper15

Rookie
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance on this one but how is Pat Shurmur as an OC? Don't know anything about him.

I thought he did a solid job with Bradford his rookie year. They didn't take a lot of vertical shots down field though.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I guess I'm the only one who is completely mortified, by the Walrus becoming our next HC?

I guess thats forever going to be the culture here, Others trash is our treasure.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I thought he did a solid job with Bradford his rookie year. They didn't take a lot of vertical shots down field though.

Shurmur also coached the Eagles' QBs from 2002-2008. We DESPERATELY need someone with that type of experience.

egomaniac247

Veteran
Reaction score
I guess I'm the only one who is completely mortified, by the Walrus becoming our next HC?

I guess thats forever going to be the culture here, Others trash is our treasure.

A guy who coached 1 team for 14 years is hardly trash IMO. There just comes a time when it's time for a change in the organization. He has a far better track record than any coach we've ever had.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
A guy who coached 1 team for 14 years is hardly trash IMO. There just comes a time when it's time for a change in the organization. He has a far better track record than any coach we've ever had.
Another thing is that he has never really had issues when it comes to offense and combining that with Horton's D and we could be looking at a pretty good team.

Hopper15

Rookie
Reaction score
Shurmur also coached the Eagles' QBs from 2002-2008. We DESPERATELY need someone with that type of experience.

If Heckert can fix up the Oline. It will definitely be more beneficial that Shurmur has a lot more talent at WR in AZ than he did in St.Louis and Cleveland.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

High risk/reward approach by the Cardinals. If all these reports are accurate, that'll be an experienced / expensive staff & they had better win right away. Are we getting the HC that took the Eagles to 5 NFC Championship Games or are we getting the second coming of Denny Green? To Michael's credit, it doesn't sound like he'll be handcuffing Reid like he did Green & Whisenhunt. My take is that we'll know right away.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Let's not forget another rather rotund HC we had who had a similar track record when he came here. Denny Green.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Whiz had as many Super Bowl appearances in his 6 years as Reid did in his 14. So..... yeah

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kent Somers ‏@kentsomers
Not saying Reid won't be #azcardinals next HC but i'm hearing team isn't that far along in process. Haven't heard heckert as GM

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Whiz had as many Super Bowl appearances in his 6 years as Reid did in his 14. So..... yeah

Yeah and Reid also had 5 times as many trips to Conference Championship Games and 4 times the amount of trips to the playoffs. What's your point?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky