LA Dodgers @ Arizona Diamondbacks series thread. 08/30/24-09/02/24

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Just watched the game and gotta say,

- The home plate Ump was horrendous!

- Kelly giving up 3 staright dingers to start the game… what??? Just can’t be doing that this time of year!

- This team is so damn gritty…

- But without our big 3, we are no match for LA and the Padres.

- If I were Hazen, I would start to invest much more $$ in pitching!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Naw… Kershaw is an old 36 year-old. Gallen just turned 29 two weeks ago.
Gallen has a shot to be great. Kershaw will never be great again.
I meant that in the sense that he’s our ace… who rarely meets the moment in big games.

Was sad to see Kelley follow suit yesterday. Watching the Dodgers come into our house in a critical series and beat up our best two pitchers, serving up back to back losses, is a bummer.

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
Division Championship Dreams are gone. Now just hoping DBacks can win ONE FREAKIN' GAME against the Dodgers in this 4 game home set. Very disappointing series - with a sweep, DBacks could have tied for the division. Getting swept four games at home and they are 8 games out, with tentative hope they can hold on to a WC spot. The starting pitching from our two "aces" was abysmal and the bullpen matched that lousy performance stride for stride. Need to win 1 of these next two to "stop the slide".

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Hope the Roku televised game turns out better than the first two games of this series. Much needed win for the DBacks given the current 1-4 homestand. SP, bullpen, offense, and Torey need to ratchet up the intensity and their game - today and tomorrow.

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
That is the ONLY situation that Sewald's Folly should be used. Either 5+ run lead or 10+ run deficit. His mind turns to mush in save situations or high leverage situations.