LA Dodgers @ Arizona Diamondbacks series thread. 08/30/24-09/02/24

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
It would be great to win the season series vs. Dodgers but the split of this home series after the first two rotten games would be a real boost to team morale. Make it so, DBacks!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
It would be great to win the season series vs. Dodgers but the split of this home series after the first two rotten games would be a real boost to team morale. Make it so, DBacks!
It would be a minor miracle to split this series and win the season series…given the amount of injuries this team has faced. For this series, to be without our 3 best bats and have a chance to split? Amazing really.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Josh Bell had three straight balls not even close to the strike zone called strikes.

Eliminate the blues

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
A 3-4 homestand is not good, but much more tolerable than a 2-5 homestand, particularly dropping 3 of 4 to the Dodgers. Let's see if the DBacks can start scoring runs in the 7th and later, as per usual. Maybe they can still catch the Dodgers today, but it is not looking good.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So everything close is a strike on the Dbacks but a ball on the Dodgers

Good lord these umps are biased

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Josh Bell had three straight balls not even close to the strike zone called strikes.

Eliminate the blues
True… but you just can’t take 3rd strike pitch as close as that one was… it was a ball, but it was close enough to easily be called Strike 3. It was a great pitcher’s pitch and Bell had to swing at it… but he didn’t.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Now with Gurriel out, we’re left with Geno as our only legit right-handed bat. Perdomo switches but Gerry isn’t getting much done at the plate as of late.

Joc is fading…
Del Castillo is coming back to earth…
McCarthy isn’t doing much…
Carroll has cooled…

I get it.. We’ve faced some truly great pitching in this Dodger series. And without Marte, Walker, Moreno and now Gurriel, the pressure is truly amped up on the guys healthy enough to play.

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
Well, Torey tossed the white flag there in the 7th by using Montgomery and Cecconi in the same inning. Thank you for the 2-5 homestand, Torey.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, Torey tossed the white flag there in the 7th by using Montgomery and Cecconi in the same inning. Thank you for the 2-5 homestand, Torey.
I get it that we were down four of our starters but some very poor decisions by Tori cost us at least one, probably two games in this series.

Flaherty was a nice aggressive pick up by the Dodgers, but we didn’t do much at the trade deadline

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
I get it that we were down four of our starters but some very poor decisions by Tori cost us at least one, probably two games in this series.

Flaherty was a nice aggressive pick up by the Dodgers, but we didn’t do much at the trade deadline
Yes...I think he cost us 2 games in the series. Big difference going 1-3 instead of 3-1. 2 games behind the Dodgers or 6 games - 6 games it is.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Torrey let Slade hang out there for a LONG time. You could see it on Slade's face, "Come get me."

Oh well we are 6 for 13 against the Dodgers for the season. As long as we can hang on to that top wild card spot, I'm good.

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
Torrey let Slade hang out there for a LONG time. You could see it on Slade's face, "Come get me."

Oh well we are 6 for 13 against the Dodgers for the season. As long as we can hang on to that top wild card spot, I'm good.
Holding on to the top wild card spot will be much easier said than done - especially with Lovullo's poor bullpen management that was on display in full regalia this homestand.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky