Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Lakers are better without Kobe but they're still terrible. This is one of those games that the team has no excuse to lose. It's not on a back-to-back, it's at home against the worst team in the conference who happens to be rival and they're without their best player. There should be a good crowd in the Suns favor tonight as well giving them a real home court advantage since it's against the Lakers on a holiday. Hopefully they show up to play and don't treat it like an easy win though since close games haven't finished in their favor this season.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This is our last easy game for a while.

On the plus side, the Suns won't be playing another road game for nearly 2 weeks since the last time we played a road game!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Lakers are better without Kobe but they're still terrible. This is one of those games that the team has no excuse to lose. It's not on a back-to-back, it's at home against the worst team in the conference who happens to be rival and they're without their best player. There should be a good crowd in the Suns favor tonight as well giving them a real home court advantage since it's against the Lakers on a holiday. Hopefully they show up to play and don't treat it like an easy win though since close games haven't finished in their favor this season.

What's our record on TNT? What's our record when we have 2 or more off days in a row? What's our record against teams that are suddenly short a key player? What's our record against bad teams? What's our record against bad teams that are suddenly missing a key player? Seriously, do we even stand a chance in tonights's game?;)

Excuses aside, we've either fixed some of our problems or we haven't. If we lose tonight to the Lakers it will be clear we've yet to resolve those issues. Winning won't tell us anything but losing should scream loud and clear that's it time to go a different direction. I think we win.

Steve

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Marv Albert and Grant Hill are calling the Bulls/Cavs game. I'm guessing that Kevin Harlan and Reggie Miller are calling the Suns/Lakers game?:shrug:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would the Lakers beating us be any bigger of a shocker than the Knicks beating NO? I hope we don't find out.

Steve

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
New Orleans was without Anthony Davis and Jrue Holliday. A team of Evans, Gordon, Anderson and a bunch of scrubs probably is worse than Philly (who they also lost to).

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Orleans was without Anthony Davis and Jrue Holliday. A team of Evans, Gordon, Anderson and a bunch of scrubs probably is worse than Philly (who they also lost to).

Yeah I hadn't realized that Davis was still out. It's a bad loss for them but missing your 2 best players would make it tough on any team to win even against the worst team in the league.

Steve

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Charles Barkley: "I think the Suns made a mistake in getting Isaiah Thomas, they already had two PGs playing well in Dragic and Bledsoe. They needed to get bigger not get more guards".

Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith: "Suns aren't gonna make playoffs. I don't think they can hold off OKC. Phoenix will be well over .500 but so will OKC".

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Marv Albert and Grant Hill are calling the Bulls/Cavs game. I'm guessing that Kevin Harlan and Reggie Miller are calling the Suns/Lakers game?:shrug:

Nope, Brian Anderson....

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Charles Barkley: "I think the Suns made a mistake in getting Isaiah Thomas, they already had two PGs playing well in Dragic and Bledsoe. They needed to get bigger not get more guards".

Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith: "Suns aren't gonna make playoffs. I don't think they can hold off OKC. Phoenix will be well over .500 but so will OKC".

Yes but he thinks we did well by trading for Ed Davis. Maybe he's not the best source for up to the minute analysis of the Suns?

Steve

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yes but he thinks we did well by trading for Ed Davis. Maybe he's not the best source for up to the minute analysis of the Suns?

Steve
He said later he meant Ed Davis. And I'd say he's probably the media celebrity that cares most about PHX considering most of them could care less about the Suns.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bad teams look good if not unbeatable when they play the Suns.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He said later he meant Ed Davis. And I'd say he's probably the media celebrity that cares most about PHX considering most of them could care less about the Suns.

What was he supposed to say when Ernie corrected him and they told him that Davis plays for LA? The point is, he's rarely tuned into Phoenix. He's like a visiting announcing team that hears the highlights on local sports radio. Since local sports radio callers are frequently negative, so is he.

Steve

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Charles Barkley has never shown any love for the Suns since he was traded.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
How are we not blowing out the Kobe-less Lakers?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05