Lakers vs Celtics -2008 NBA Finals

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Last time I checked no team has come back from 3-1 deficit to win an NBA title. It's done and you know it. It could go 7 and it's done and you know it.

Dreaming is free though so you might as well indulge yourself.

Laker fans:
You must be registered for see images

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It certainly does not look good. But seeing as how with a few minor 2 or 3 minute swings the series could easily be 3-1 the other way around, I will still hope for the best. Isn't that what any real fan would do?

:biglaugh:

Are you even watching the series the rest of America is watching?

The Celtics have been dominating in this series, forcing their will on Kobe and the scrubs.. ...

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

Are you even watching the series the rest of America is watching?

The Celtics have been dominating in this series, forcing their will on Kobe and the scrubs.. ...

Yes I have been watching... and with 2 mins to go in 3 games it was a 2-4 point game thus my comment. Facts are facts. Most definetly the Celts have dominated the Lakers in quarters. Have the Lakers not done the same, thus my comment. Sadly, for Laker fans the Celts have been powerful in the 3rd quarter and at the tail end of the games. Dominant throughout? What games are you watching?

Not really sure how you can say when games are won in the final 2 or 3 mins that its dominating? Personally i think both teams are playing awful basketball.

Last edited:

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I have been watching... and with 2 mins to go in 3 games it was a 2-4 point game thus my comment. Facts are facts. Most definetly the Celts have dominated the Lakers in quarters. Have the Lakers not done the same, thus my comment. Sadly, for Laker fans the Celts have been powerful in the 3rd quarter and at the tail end of the games. Dominant throughout? What games are you watching?

Not really sure how you can say when games are won in the final 2 or 3 mins that its dominating? Personally i think both teams are playing awful basketball.

Spin it anyway you want but Kobe is about to throw up a Suns/lakers game 7 chunk.. He's bout to pout and give up.. I mean hell.. He went and got wasted last nite.. He knows its over and dammit, he will prove it.. Game 5 is the end.. Celtics celebrate in Pierce's hometown in front of a bunch of crying bandwagon laker fans..

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is this the giveaway of the ALL STAR player everyone ******* about or the SOFTIE everyone is talking about now?

Both, call him Sybil if you must.

So with your numbers above you are implying the Lakers took over the Suns because they got Gasol? Though he did help, that is not at all an accurate implication. For one, Gasol missed quite a few games weeks later with his ankle injury. And even more of a factor was that the Suns dropped (rather than other teams taking them over) due to obtaining Shaq and trying to radically change their system.

If you had bothered to read Donalds claim and my response instead of taking the defensive read behind the lines approach, you would see that I simply called Donalds claim BS, and provided the statistics to show why.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
Spin it anyway you want but Kobe is about to throw up a Suns/lakers game 7 chunk.. He's bout to pout and give up.. I mean hell.. He went and got wasted last nite.. He knows its over and dammit, he will prove it.. Game 5 is the end.. Celtics celebrate in Pierce's hometown in front of a bunch of crying bandwagon laker fans..

That you take a post game interview full of sarcasm as reality and actually think he went out and got wasted says all that needs to be said about you. So sad.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
Both, call him Sybil if you must.

If you had bothered to read Donalds claim and my response instead of taking the defensive read behind the lines approach, you would see that I simply called Donalds claim BS, and provided the statistics to show why.

Your talking about a 2 or 3 game difference? That was the argument? My bad. I took your post to imply that the Lakers getting Gasol was the defining reason the Lakers overtook the Suns. Again, if i was mistaken, my bad.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Your talking about a 2 or 3 game difference? That was the argument? My bad. I took your post to imply that the Lakers getting Gasol was the defining reason the Lakers overtook the Suns. Again, if i was mistaken, my bad.

No big deal, he keeps saying the Lakers were in first when Bynum went down, that isn't supported by the facts.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That you take a post game interview full of sarcasm as reality and actually think he went out and got wasted says all that needs to be said about you. So sad.

Lets take a look back.. MJ never spoke this way.. Of course MJ was never in this position.. And.. Kobe has a history of pouting and giving up..

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last time I checked no team has come back from 3-1 deficit to win an NBA title. It's done and you know it. It could go 7 and it's done and you know it.

Dreaming is free though so you might as well indulge yourself.

Last time I checked, nobody had come back from a 24 point deficit in the Finals to win. Or had a 21 point lead in the first quarter.

I checked on Wednesday...has anything changed since then? There's a first time for everything. Will it happen, probably not. If it were two games in LA, maybe, but it's virtually impossible. But who the hell knows what will happen. I've seen a lot of crazy things with this Laker team, especially in this season.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No big deal, he keeps saying the Lakers were in first when Bynum went down, that isn't supported by the facts.

Actually, it is. Lakers were in first place in the West the day (ok, actually the day before) Bynum got hurt. Tiebreaker over your Suns and most of the other teams. The next day we lost and Bynum hurt.

WAIT...scratch that. I was incorrect.

We were 25-11 the day Bynum was hurt.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=280113013

Phoenix was 26-11.

The lakers then won their next game and the Suns lost their next game.

Lakers were 26-11 and the Lakers were 26-12....that's the day I'm thinking of, it was a few days after Bynum was hurt, right before we went on the skids. Jan 16th. Lakers in first in the West. 'Course we lost to the Suns the next day, starting the skid.

Last edited:
OP
OP
passenger

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
Last time I checked, nobody had come back from a 24 point deficit in the Finals to win.
quote]

Just a reminder,that team was not Lakers,it was Celtics:)We all know it will be done this Sunday,that's a big psychoogical loss,it will have an effect on Lakers players,sure Boston's arena atmosphere will help the Celtics too.

Lakers will never be champion with this roster,including Bynum.This year was a very good chance for them,next year,PHX,Dallas,heck all western teams will be much better with new coaches and additions

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last time I checked, nobody had come back from a 24 point deficit in the Finals to win.

Just a reminder,that team was not Lakers,it was Celtics:)We all know it will be done this Sunday,that's a big psychoogical loss,it will have an effect on Lakers players,sure Boston's arena atmosphere will help the Celtics too.
Lakers will never be champion with this roster,including Bynum.This year was a very good chance for them,next year,PHX,Dallas,heck all western teams will be much better with new coaches and additions

Uhm, game 5 is in LA.

This year was a fluke for them, dude. You want to know why Laker fans aren't freaking out? Because we know we have a very good shot at a couple of titles over the next 4-6 years. It sucks like hell losing this one, especially to the freaking celtics of all teams. Ugh. But thinking the Lakers aren't going to be better with Bynum back and Ariza healthy...jeez man. That's more myopic than my bro-love for Kobe.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score

First off, the game is at Staples. And if you don't think the addition of Bynum in the middle and minor adjustments will make the Lakers the team to beat in the west next year then you have no clue.

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Haha. You have to ignore the guy. He's not nearly as foolish as he pretends to be. Don't get caught up in his act.

OP
OP
passenger

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
Uhm, game 5 is in LA..

Well,then it's unfair for Boston fans that their team will be champion in an away game,and it'll hurt Staples:)

This year was a fluke for them, dude. You want to know why Laker fans aren't freaking out? Because we know we have a very good shot at a couple of titles over the next 4-6 years. It sucks like hell losing this one, especially to the freaking celtics of all teams. Ugh. But thinking the Lakers aren't going to be better with Bynum back and Ariza healthy...jeez man. That's more myopic than my bro-love for Kobe.

I'm not saying it will not help,it sure will.But I'm feeling some Lakers fans idolized Bynum in his absence.We don't even know if he will come back healthy,and we know Phoenix,Dallas will come back with better teams and coaches,Heck,if Spurs replaces Oberto with a better center,they're in the finals just like that.

I give credit to Sasha's determination and braveness but Lakers still need quality guards,it won't happen with Fisher and whatever the name is the guy with huge ears:)Farmar,yep.

Last edited:

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
Haha. You have to ignore the guy. He's not nearly as foolish as he pretends to be. Don't get caught up in his act.

Oh I know. Come on, nobody can be that stupid. I treat it as like giving quality time to a friends mentally challenged child. :)

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If the Celtics win the next game I would be shocked. Not from a "the NBA is fixed" standpoint either. The Lakers didn't eek their way into the finals, they had to play some pretty good teams. They should respond after the collapse, unless they are like the Phoenix Suns who seem to roll over after monumental failures.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You want to know why Laker fans aren't freaking out? Because we know we have a very good shot at a couple of titles over the next 4-6 years.

You wanna know why Im sure you wont get any titles? Cuz I knew the lakers wouldnt win one this year.. Your team sucks.. Pau is a mental midgit.. Its why I didnt want the Suns to trade for him.. Go ahead look back at the posts.. I said it when the Suns were in rumors to get him.. With this team you have right now.. You aint winning a damn thing..

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score

So correct! West finals was a huge achievement, making the finals a great bonus. Of course I would love to see them win and wont give up till it's ACTUALLY over, i consider this years finals, win or lose as valuable experience for the youth on the team for the upcomming 5 years.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I agree with Gee, while I don't think Gasol sucks, he has been very soft in this series which as been a knock on him in the past. The Celtics are a very physical team and a soft player matches up poorly.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
You wanna know why Im sure you wont get any titles? Cuz I knew the lakers wouldnt win one this year.. Your team sucks.. Pau is a mental midgit.. Its why I didnt want the Suns to trade for him.. Go ahead look back at the posts.. I said it when the Suns were in rumors to get him.. With this team you have right now.. You aint winning a damn thing..

Care to put your money where your mouth is?

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So correct! West finals was a huge achievement, making the finals a great bonus. Of course I would love to see them win and wont give up till it's ACTUALLY over, i consider this years finals, win or lose as valuable experience for the youth on the team for the upcomming 5 years.

Come on, moral victories is something you should never be happy with, especially from a team, on paper, that should have rolled the Celtics. You should be pissed; I would be. Don't give me this "great experience" crap, the window of opportunity is very small in this league.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05