Lakers vs Celtics -2008 NBA Finals

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very likely the Lakers will win tonight's game, if only for pride and to save face, but i wont be surprise if they come out only to lay an egg. The Cs have been the better team in this series which is a little surprising considering LA's lethal offense in this postseason, goes to show defense always get it done. This is suppose to be an older celtic's team too with pre-historic mammals in form of Cassel and Brown coming off the bench.
Who will step up for LA, because the Celts are going to try shutting KOME down and we all know Odom and Gasol are going to come out looking like 5th graders out there, i always thought Gasoline looks dumb but boy, he is DUMB, shows why he has never won in the playoffs before LA.

And what is up with Ariza, LA fans have been running off their mouth on how deeper the team would be when he returns, maybe they need to send him back to get his sights checked because dude couldn't find Pierce on the court in game 4 which begs the question; How will Bynum come back?

Whichever it is, it should be an interesting game, looking forward to it.

Last edited:

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Lakers will definitely win tonight. Dick Bavetta is there to ensure it.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sigh...Celtics off to another utterly craptastic start. Lakers 31-15 with 2:04 left in the 1st quarter. Ugh.

Celtics shooting 33% with 2/5 3 pointers, Lakers 63% with 5/7 3 pointers. :rolleyes:

Kobe 15 pts on 5/8 field goals with 4/5 3 pointers and 1/2 free throws.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ugh...Lakers 39-22 after 1 quarter.

Lakers shooting 65% with 5/8 3 pointers, Celtics 40% with 2/5 3 pointers.

Lakers 9 fast break points and 7 points off 4 Celtics turnovers, Celtics 0 fast break points and 0 points off 1 Lakers turnover. :rolleyes:

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ugh...Lakers 39-22 after 1 quarter.

Lakers shooting 65% with 5/8 3 pointers, Celtics 40% with 2/5 3 pointers.

Lakers 9 fast break points and 7 points off 4 Celtics turnovers, Celtics 0 fast break points and 0 points off 1 Lakers turnover. :rolleyes:

Well, you can't have another epic comeback if you don't get behind early.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it is really weird how the celts offense seem to crumble on the road, it's almost as if they concentrate too hard on defense and they get confused who the offensive focal point should be on among the big 3.
The Lakers can lead by 20 but do they have the mental strength to hold on? plus i think it favors the Celts for KOME to take mostly jump shots at the start.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, you can't have another epic comeback if you don't get behind early.
You can only go to the well so many times, eventually a comeback just won't happen.

What's up with the Celtics poor defense in the 1st quarter of game 4 and game 5? It's one thing if their shots aren't falling to start off the game, but defense is supposed to be their strength. Was their defense being sent by the postal service from Boston? :p

Last edited:

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can only go to the well so many times, eventually a comeback just won't happen.

What's up with the Celtics poor defense in the 1st quarter of game 4 and game 5? It's one thing if their shots aren't falling to start off the game, but defense is supposed to be their strength.

Maybe Pierce just read your post :), cuz here comes the comeback and if they do comeback and built a minor lead. Lakers will pack it in

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sasha putting his hands on his head (when Kobe missed that last shot)like they already lost at half time although they are in the lead, surmise their mindset; ready to pack it in.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
That whole segment with Bill and Luke Walton was a little weird. Only saving grace was when Luke got that "I do NOT know this man" look on his face.

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
How do the Lakers go that long without scoring in the second quarter? They have the reigning MVP and Garnett was benched the whole time.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rondo doing his best to shoot the Celtics out of the game : 1/5 field goals in the 3rd quarter so far.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Appparently the Celtics can only be bothered to play 1 good quarter of basketball tonight. Lakers 79-70 after 3 quarters.

Shooting 33% from the field in the 3rd quarter of an elimination game ain't gonna get the job done. Ugh.

Looks like this series is heading back to Boston. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I feel like going out on a limb now and saying the Lakers win in this series in 7 games as the Celtics prove to be the biggest chokers in the New England area, even bigger than the Patriots. :rolleyes:

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never being more impressed with Posey as much i have in this series, the dude's resilience is crazy.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel like going out on a limb now and saying the Lakers win in this series in 7 games as the Celtics prove to be the biggest chokers in the New England area, even bigger than the Patriots. :rolleyes:

It has been well documented they've been terrible on the road this post-season, nothing new there plus LA is not a walk-over either but it is highly unlikely LA will win this final

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dick Bavetta is dong the game and Garnett and Pierce both have 5. Big shocker.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Way to choke Garnett...missing both free throws. Ugh. And he missed a free throw a little earlier in the quarter too. :rolleyes:

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This game couldn't have been SCRIPTED any better! What a great Kobelicious performance!

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh geez...Pierce with a turnover with the Celtics having a chance to tie or lead. Lakers now 99-95 with 37.4 seconds left in the 4th. Ugh.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Figures...I hope nobody thought that Boston would win this game. The NBA would not allow this hallowed series to end in less than six games

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
This is going to be one interesting offseason for the NBA