Lakers vs Celtics -2008 NBA Finals

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Seriously, kg is making malone's 97 and 98 offensive finals performances look like the definition of clutch.

Because garnett is a beast on d and rebounding he's always gonna have a positive impact for a team, but he looks scared to death on offense. When he stepped to the line I was hoping he could at least drain one...

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I hear something.

What is it.

Do you hear it too?

It sounds like......................................................................................

The fat lady warming up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Garnett making Gasol look like a punk!

Normally I would insert the Big Laugh here, so just imagine it.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Wowsers!!!! I cant believe the massacre the Celts are putting on the Lakers

OP
OP
passenger

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelDog
Last time I checked no team has come back from 3-1 deficit to win an NBA title. It's done and you know it. It could go 7 and it's done and you know it.

Dreaming is free though so you might as well indulge yourself.

Last time I checked, nobody had come back from a 24 point deficit in the Finals to win. Or had a 21 point lead in the first quarter.

I checked on Wednesday...has anything changed since then? There's a first time for everything. Will it happen, probably not. If it were two games in LA, maybe, but it's virtually impossible. But who the hell knows what will happen. I've seen a lot of crazy things with this Laker team, especially in this season.

Those Lakers fans who were saying "it takes 4 to win" are probably now saying "game is 48 minutes" when they're down 30 now:))

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Gasol is being made to look like a fool!

Soneone call 911!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
passenger

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
I'm so thankful to Lakers for eliminating the Spurs but I definitely
want to see the Celtics champions.

Lakers preferred to see Pistons since Boston matches them better.

My guess:Celtics in 6

Uh-oh,was I right or what:))

Commentator was saying "Celtics are humiliating the Lakers"

Tell me something new:)

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelDog
Last time I checked no team has come back from 3-1 deficit to win an NBA title. It's done and you know it. It could go 7 and it's done and you know it.

Dreaming is free though so you might as well indulge yourself.

Those Lakers fans who were saying "it takes 4 to win" are probably now saying "game is 48 minutes" when they're down 30 now:))

Not at all. Lakers are playing with no heart, Boston is. Celts totally deserve it. Pathetic effort from the Lakers from top to bottom.

Now maybe some of you guys realize why i said the gasol trade was not as lopsided as everyone made out. He is simply a decent PF and a real softie. DEFINETLY NOT AN ALLSTAR.

Congrats to the Celts.

TJ

Reaction score
Who cried when they showed that blip that said that Rajon Rondo was drafted in 2006 by PHX??

OP
OP
passenger

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
Not at all. Lakers are playing with no heart, Boston is. Celts totally deserve it. Pathetic effort from the Lakers from top to bottom.

Now maybe some of you guys realize why i said the gasol trade was not as lopsided as everyone made out. He is simply a decent PF and a real softie. DEFINETLY NOT AN ALLSTAR.

Congrats to the Celts.

I don't think Gasol is the problem,you have to have a healthy center and a good reliable guard.Gasol was an all star indeed.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Congrats to the Celts.

Good post! :thumbup:
But i still think Gasol was a gift to LA, he is just matched up with someone with more passion and Grit!!

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe this embarrassment by the Fakers will keep some of their fans away from this board for awhile.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Enjoy your title, Suns. Err...I mean Celtics and newly minted Celtic/Suns fans.

:p

TJ

Reaction score
I don't think Gasol is the problem,you have to have a healthy center and a good reliable guard.Gasol was an all star indeed.

I will say this:

People were worried about Lamar and Gasol in the front court when the trade occurred. And Im not convinced that Bynum will be a factor next season as he doesnt seem to be getting any better after six months of treatment. I think they have been exposed in this series for being soft. Hope the western conference is taking notes

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Enjoy your title, Suns. Err...I mean Celtics and newly minted Celtic/Suns fans.

:p

Perhap's, just perhap's, we are all Laker Hater's!
The Celtic's are irrevelant!
We just hate the Lakers!

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PJ Brown, his thanking his stars now for taking the Celtics offer, Good for him.