Larry Croom

seesred

Reaction score
This is part of an article at the Cards site. It's an interesting read from Larry Crooms view point. The reason I'm posting this is what Croom had to say about Antonio Smith and Bobby Blizzard. We don't include these guys to much in our coversations. Especially Antonio who has a chance to be a very good NFL player, special teams and spot starter. I don't know that much about Blizzard. Isn't he playing TE? If so that's a need.

I’m over here playing with Antonio Smith and Bobby Blizzard too. Antonio is playing great; our defensive line is playing great as a whole. They seem to be the best defensive line in the league against the run. Every running back we play that piles up a lot of stats, when he plays against us, he doesn’t do what he normally does. Bobby is doing well also. I think we could get him the ball a little bit more, but if you look at him on film, he’s a great talent. He’s grown as the weeks have progressed, and hopefully we can all contribute when we come back for camp.

That’s about all for now! Thanks for reading!

Larry Croom

GBR
In Green we trust

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool.

Thanks for posting that. It's great that those guys are getting an opportunity to get some PT and develop their game.

Reaction score
"...our defensive line is playing great as a whole. They seem to be the best defensive line in the league against the run. Every running back we play that piles up a lot of stats, when he plays against us, he doesn’t do what he normally does."​
Ok. He's talking about NFLE!

At first I thought he war refering to the Cardinals; and I am thinking what the heck is he talking about...!

spanky1

Reaction score
Larry Croom will not make this year's squad. I see him being a star in Canada, an absolute star, given the style of the Canadian game.......if I were him I'd look hard at this. He is still young and signing a two year deal up North would help him really develop.......help him see if he really can make it.

He's only been so-so in the NFLE so far this year. I don't think he's shown enough to get serious consideration from too many NFL teams......as always, JMHO!

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
So is Larry Croom is going to be Paul Shirley's equivalent of Cards official blog writer...?

OP
OP
seesred

seesred

Reaction score
So you don't want to hear about Ontario Smith and Blizzard or any other guys over in Europe but especially Larry Croom? Some may find it interesting and if you don't no comment is the best way to handle it.

GBR

SouthNZoneFan

GOOD FOR ME TO POOP ON
Reaction score
I love Larry Croom. I am trying to go see him in Amsterdam before he leaves the team.

I love that guy. He is so positive (in the three interviews I have seen or read)...

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
seesred said:
This is part of an article at the Cards site. It's an interesting read from Larry Crooms view point. The reason I'm posting this is what Croom had to say about Antonio Smith and Bobby Blizzard. We don't include these guys to much in our coversations. Especially Antonio who has a chance to be a very good NFL player, special teams and spot starter. I don't know that much about Blizzard. Isn't he playing TE? If so that's a need.

I know nothing about Blizzard, except he has a cool last name. If he was able to make the team and do a real good job as a tight end, the headlines would read: "There's a Blizzard in the desert!"

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
seesred said:
So you don't want to hear about Ontario Smith

I've heard enough about him and the "Whizzinator"....oh you mean Antonio Smith? Never mind.

Rams4evah

Veteran
Reaction score
SouthNZoneFan said:
I love Larry Croom. I am trying to go see him in Amsterdam before he leaves the team.

I love that guy. He is so positive (in the three interviews I have seen or read)...
Hes a long short. I could be wrong, but you have three good running backs, made of all different sizes. If you keep a fourth back, he'll need t o be a special teamer, and return kicks. I doubt Croom can do that... :)

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
I really hope Antonio Smith makes the roster as a 5th D-End, an emercency LB, or a ST. I don't think he can go on the PS again, so if DG doesn't feel Smith is up to it he would be cut. I would be pizzed.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Rams4evah said:
Hes a long short. I could be wrong, but you have three good running backs, made of all different sizes. If you keep a fourth back, he'll need t o be a special teamer, and return kicks. I doubt Croom can do that... :)

Absolutely right. As of now, Croom doesn't have a shot, IMO.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SouthNZoneFan said:

I wonder how many people go to Amsterdam to just watch football? ;)

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
Croom will probably stick one more year on the PS, but not much beyond that. Blizzard will make the team and SMith was demoted in NFLE, so he faces an uphill battle. The PS and special teams are his only hope.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05