Lets get it started! Cards/Panthers Official game thread!!!!

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Well while I agree Josh didn't lose the game, to blame it on Boldin is hypocritical.
Whoops. Didn't read past the post I responded to...great minds, yadda yadda yadda...

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:
It was a pretty thorough team loss.

McCown had some bad picks. Boldin's fumble. The incompetent o-line. No pressure on Delhomme. Defense giving up a 94 yard TD drive in the 4th quarter.

You can just go on and on. To blame this on one player is unfair.
Don't forget non-existent rushing game!! You gotta have rushing game to keep leads and kill time and to not allow the opposing team to always blanket your receivers. I'm so sick right now.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
For what its worth I'm more positive than I was after the Seattle game. I think a losing season is imminent though.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:
That's a little hypocritical, isn't it? Josh had a great game but didn't come through in the clutch. Bolin had a great game and gave up a costly fumble. Neither was THE reason for the loss; it was a cumulative effect of
No running game+costly turnovers+pisspoor redzone conversion=loss

Yep that is pretty much it. Total team loss.

What can you do but sigh and shake your head :(

The amount of injuries our team has had to endure this year is ludicrous.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh and SWD, your smeagol account has already been perma banned. Please don't make a new account to post.

Reaction score
SWD Why don`t you go to the Colts board and trash Manning for 2 picks
and 285 yds passing against that stinking pile of crud defense in S.F

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
az1965 said:
Don't forget non-existent rushing game!! You gotta have rushing game to keep leads and kill time and to not allow the opposing team to always blanket your receivers. I'm so sick right now.

Amen. I think they should devote the whole offseason to getting a ground game put together. We have everything else in place for the future.

nurnay

whatever
Reaction score
az1965 said:

This is going to be a looooong season with this o-line. :?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Osbern61 said:
Amen. I think they should devote the whole offseason to getting a ground game put together. We have everything else in place for the future.

I think the offensive line is to blame for the running game, not JJ or Shipp.

joko4

Registered
Reaction score
The interception in the endzone with Fitzgerald. Can someone tell me why it was not interference on one if not both players?
Terrible call.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know I've seen an offensive line so bad at run blocking but so good at pass blocking. McCown's protection was really great today--especially considering who they were blocking.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Pariah said:
That's a little hypocritical, isn't it? Josh had a great game but didn't come through in the clutch. Bolin had a great game and gave up a costly fumble. Neither was THE reason for the loss; it was a cumulative effect of

I hope it does not get lost in all the QB talk but until we can establish some sort of running game we will continue to be toast. Every team in the league knows we cannot run and set their defense accordingly. Two tries with a QB sneak and another plow up the middle and we cannot make 1 yd for a first down. The OL did a better job protecting the QB and I do not know if we just do not have the quality RB's or what. Josh had some good times but in the clutch he folded. I was not thrilled with the play calling. On our last possession we seemed to be very slow in the 2 minute drill. Could be the coaches fault or the QB I have no idea. McCown pilled up a lot of yardage but we still lose. We just looked lousy on our last two possessions. We have some great receivers, Dansby, a great kicker, and a lot of question marks. We will be drafting high.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:
Yep that is pretty much it. Total team loss.

What can you do but sigh and shake your head :(

The amount of injuries our team has had to endure this year is ludicrous.

Anyone blaming this on Josh is in serious need of help. He looked fabulous for the most of the game today. He got a bad bounce on one of the INTs. He made some incredible throws today and his long passes were pretty early. Dont get me worng he deserves blame as well. Towards the end that was very bad decision throwing the ball into double coverage in the endzone.

BUT WHAT AND THE HELL ARE THE COACHES RUNNING FITZ 30 YARDS DOWNFIELD ON A 4TH AND 5? :shrug:

Russ saying the Fumble is as just as bad as the INT at the end of the half is just silly IMO. Momentum was going our way and the whole game changed after the fumble. That was the momentum changer and the game ender.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Pariah said:

Ok in the heat of the moment and with reflection I'd say that Josh did miss opportunities to win the game.

He threw some desperation picks he didn't need to throw.

Of the picks he threw only one was really bad, the last one.

He also had the team in a position to win the game and shouldn't have had to even throw that one to re-take the lead.

No one player lost the game.

A loss is a loss I guess, Warner just looks more polished doing it I agree.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:
I think the offensive line is to blame for the running game, not JJ or Shipp.

I don't blame either rb. The o-line/coaching is the problem, I agree.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
"Stupid Cardinals"

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a great taste to have in your mouth going into a bye week.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Russ saying the Fumble is as just as bad as the INT at the end of the half is just silly IMO. Momentum was going our way and the whole game changed after the fumble. That was the momentum changer and the game ender.

At the time of the pick it's 2nd and goal from their 4 yard line. At worst if Josh doesn't get picked we fail on 3rd down and kick a FG, at best we score a TD on 3rd down. Clearly those points lost are just as crucial at the end of the game as the points they got from Boldin.

as for momentum we had ALL the momentum until that pick.

I'm not blaming the loss on Josh at all just saying blaming boldin is hypocritical, his day and josh' were near identical, one fabulous play after another, but one crucial mistake for Boldin hurt us, as did mistakes by Josh.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
conraddobler said:
Ok in the heat of the moment and with reflection I'd say that Josh did miss opportunities to win the game.

He threw some desperation picks he didn't need to throw.

Of the picks he threw only one was really bad, the last one.

He also had the team in a position to win the game and shouldn't have had to even throw that one to re-take the lead.

No one player lost the game.

A loss is a loss I guess, Warner just looks more polished doing it I agree.

to me the biggest problem josh had on that last drive was the delay of game penalty, that's when Wolfley said he looks completely confused out there. That was huge it went from 3rd and 5 to 3rd and 10 and if Josh runs for 9 yards on 4th and 5, we get a new set of downs. Wolfley got on him for missing Q on the 3rd down play but I haven't seen it so I have no idea if the throw was as bad as Wolfley said it was.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
At the time of the pick it's 2nd and goal from their 4 yard line. At worst if Josh doesn't get picked we fail on 3rd down and kick a FG, at best we score a TD on 3rd down. Clearly those points lost are just as crucial at the end of the game as the points they got from Boldin.

as for momentum we had ALL the momentum until that pick.

I'm not blaming the loss on Josh at all just saying blaming boldin is hypocritical, his day and josh' were near identical, one fabulous play after another, but one crucial mistake for Boldin hurt us, as did mistakes by Josh.

Cant say I agree. You see how the game is going at the time of the mistake IMO. We continued with momentum in the 2nd half.

Also Green not going for a FG was worse on the first drive of the game or going for the FG at the end. Thats the win right there. Poor poor coaching.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
joko4 said:
The interception in the endzone with Fitzgerald. Can someone tell me why it was not interference on one if not both players?
Terrible call.

That play was beyond 5 yards and he was obviously being held. I replayed it 4 or 5 times.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
I agree Russ. Many players made mistakes at very inopportune times. Bert Berry's offsides was a huge mistake. Instead of punting they score.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
to me the biggest problem josh had on that last drive was the delay of game penalty, that's when Wolfley said he looks completely confused out there. That was huge it went from 3rd and 5 to 3rd and 10 and if Josh runs for 9 yards on 4th and 5, we get a new set of downs. Wolfley got on him for missing Q on the 3rd down play but I haven't seen it so I have no idea if the throw was as bad as Wolfley said it was.

That was a bad throw and he did look confused, could have been any one of a few hits he took.

However before you say anything more you really need to watch the actual game.

What I saw most of the game was a great effort, the two picks he had prior to that were tip ball picks and on the Fitz pick it was blatant holding at the very least.

He impressed me greatly, I agree though that he lacked any kind of finish but again he took a few hard hits, it was that or maybe he did get scared I don't know.

Bottom line he shouldn't have had to do that at all.

The Fitz pick which was bogus and the Boldin fumble and the Berry play were a bit much to overcome.

cardsfan13

Reaction score
I just have a few words it sucks being a cardinal fan today... And i'm looking forward to the most fun a cards fan have the nfl draft... I think we are eaither getting Reggie Bush or Matt Leinheart