lol @ how dirty the Spurs play..

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
You mean this?

It has been well established that if there was anybody who is sexist, it would be you and arwi... whatever.

remind me of where i have ever said anything that could even be confused for being even slightly sexist? i haven't, so good luck with the search.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
so jump-kicking wally szcerbiak in the face was not dirty? he clearly wasn't playing defense, as wally hadn't even shot the ball or motioned to shoot it. Bowen also didn't put his hand up as if he was trying to contest the shot.

Of all the plays, you have to choose the one that is the most accidental. But don't listen to me, even one of the Suns fans stated that in this thread. Look it up, it's somewhere in here.

Bowen couldn't have done it if he tried.

When he stuck his foot under amare's feet, he wasn't trying to hurt him? where do you come up with that? his step was clearly not natural, meaning he intentionally put his foot in the place that he did which so conveniently was under amare's foot. there was no way for him to stop that play as amare was already up in the air dunking the ball, so what he did was clearly to inflict harm.

What about he intentionally put it in a place to avoid hitting Stoudemire? DId that ever occur to you? I am just amazed as why it was so clear to you that he was inflicting harm, when the best people could do was to suspect that Bowen did in fact make contact. Besides, what are you trying to argue Bowen putting his foot under Amare?

When he kneed nash in the nuts, he was also trying to physically hurt nash. there is no question. Bruce bowen was not trying to take him off the dribble, as that is simply a funny thought. So either he was trying to dribble the ball out of bounds, or he was going to shoot the ball from about 6 feet beyond the 3-point line with nash in his face. nice try.

People pivot when they hold the ball all the time. Why does he have to pivot to dribble? Why did he have to try to shoot to dribble? What is your thought process? A player with the ball is allowed to move the non-pivot foot without dribbling, which was what Bowen did.

I am just amazed as how everything is always so clear to you.

the one with crawford doesn't even need any more explanation than i gave for the one with amare. it was simply a dirty play.

Finally, I am amazed that "everybody" said Bowen was a dirty player, says who?
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/marty_burns/11/15/bowen.reputation/index.html

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
remind me of where i have ever said anything that could even be confused for being even slightly sexist? i haven't, so good luck with the search.

You people have trouble reading, I said IF .... meaning that if there were anybody who can be called sexist, it would be you and Phade because apparently you somehow take offense to being called a woman. Get it?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But of course a MUCH clearer angle in the following video was ignored multiple times.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hZNwSC_6H90
In the 46 second mark, it clearly showed Paul slapping Bowen in the groin. In the 1:00 to 1:01 mark, it clearly showed that the "kick" was nothing more than Bowen stepping away from Paul, and then Paul acting that he was kicked.

Choose to see what you want to see, and ignore video evidence continously.

What are you talking about? That is cherry picked footage. That footage clearly leaves out the better angle from the other footage where you could CLEARLY see what Bowen did. By the way did you see the rating of that footage on youtube compared to the "real" footage showing the good angle? There is a reason the reposting of the cherry picked footage with the new title has gotten such a crap rating. Everybody knows what it is.

Hey...do they sell tickets to fantasy land? I am thinking of taking a vacation from reality.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
the crazy thing is i think deep down chang prob. thinks bowen isn't dirty at all..

that just baffles me..

why isn't there any of this 'controversial' evidence behind any other players..

maybe chang just needs attention since he can't freelance anymore crap flash jobs..

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
Bruce Bowen has been documented using un-natural basketball moves with his feet and legs to disrupt opposing players for years.

Crawford
Carter
Francis
Nash
Stoudemire
Szczerbiak
Paul

He's been warned by the NBA. He's been fined by the NBA. And now he's been suspended by the NBA.

Whether Bowen is trying to hurt or injure players or not, whether he succeeds in kicking, tripping, etc. or not is immaterial. His attempts are enough. It is dangerous and cheap and classless basketball.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
WTF are you talking about? That is cherry picked footage. The footage clearly leaves out the better angle from the other footage where you could CLEARLY see what Bowen did.

Hey...do they sell tickets to fantasy land? I am thinking of taking a vacation from reality.

Man, let me explain this to you, it is NOT possible to show non contact from a contact situation. For example

let us use symbols "#" to denote two objects.

If:
b
a ## c
d

perspectives from both a, b, c and d, as well as a bird's eye view, let's call that e, will show that the two #'s are together, or overlaps.

But if
b
a # # c
d

angles a and c will see that the #'s overlaps, showing contact, yet, angles b, d and e would show that there is no contact. If anything, you were cherry picking the video.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
Bruce Bowen has been documented using un-natural basketball moves with his feet and legs to disrupt opposing players for years.

Crawford
Carter
Francis
Nash
Stoudemire
Szczerbiak
Paul

He's been warned by the NBA. He's been fined by the NBA. And now he's been suspended by the NBA.

Whether Bowen is trying to hurt or injure players or not, whether he succeeds in kicking, tripping, etc. or not is immaterial. His attempts are enough. It is dangerous and cheap and classless basketball.

And I am arguing that people are jumping to conclusions about his intent based on the results.

He was fined by the NBA on the Allen kick, and I agree that it was a dirty move, but that kick would not result in injury to the most feeble of human beings.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, let me explain this to you, it is NOT possible to show non contact from a contact situation. For example

let us use symbols "#" to denote two objects.

If:
b
a ## c
d

perspectives from both a, b, c and d, as well as a bird's eye view, let's call that e, will show that the two #'s are together, or overlaps.

But if
b
a # # c
d

angles a and c will see that the #'s overlaps, showing contact, yet, angles b, d and e would show that there is no contact. If anything, you were cherry picking the video.

LMAO. :biglaugh:That footage was posted AFTER the original. If the person was truly an unbiased observer they would have posted it all. 2nd video...CHERRY PICKED.

PS. Can I have a window seat? I heard its a long way to Fantasy Land.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
LMAO. :biglaugh:That footage was posted AFTER the original. If the person was truly an unbiased observer they would have posted it all. 2nd video...CHERRY PICKED.

PS. Can I have a window seat? I heard its a long way to Fantasy Land.

But could you somehow logically show how you can have an angle that shows non-contact in a contact situation?

And you only posted one video, does that make you a biased observer?

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
ambchang are you bowen's secret lover or something? what a hack... its so obvious its not even worth arguing

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
And I am arguing that people are jumping to conclusions about his intent based on the results.

He was fined by the NBA on the Allen kick, and I agree that it was a dirty move, but that kick would not result in injury to the most feeble of human beings.

The only intent I care about is: Did Bowen intend to put his leg/foot or intend to use his leg/foot to disrupt/impede/threaten another player on the court? The answer my friend is yes. You would need to know what you are doing to put your leg/foot/feet in those positions. It's no accident. It's the way he plays.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Guys, he's getting off on this, that's all it is. Let it rest and you'll deprive him of his fun. He's wrong, he knows it, and he's just messing with us. It is painfully obvious that an amoeba is too intelligent to fall for his logic, so he's clearly not expecting anyone to accept his crap. He's just throwing outrageous things out there to drive people crazy.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
Hmm ... so far, again, subjective arguments, and yet I am not sure how anyone of you could be so sure of what you are arguing about. At least I know mine to be subjective arguments and not so ready to label people as trolls, Bowen's lover, my arguments as crap, outrageous, etc ....

Besides, given the alleged objectiveness of this board, why hasn't anybody jumped on Phade for his sexist remarks? I mean, I only mentioned wo/man in one post and was branded as some neanderthal earlier in the thread.

BTW Stout, care to dispute my logic?
BTW2: Guiness is a fine beer.

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
Hmm ... so far, again, subjective arguments, and yet I am not sure how anyone of you could be so sure of what you are arguing about. At least I know mine to be subjective arguments and not so ready to label people as trolls, Bowen's lover, my arguments as crap, outrageous, etc ....

Besides, given the alleged objectiveness of this board, why hasn't anybody jumped on Phade for his sexist remarks? I mean, I only mentioned wo/man in one post and was branded as some neanderthal earlier in the thread.

BTW Stout, care to dispute my logic?
BTW2: Guiness is a fine beer.

I have given you some of the most objective opinion available. You are ignoring it to squabble with the namecallers. If you would ignore the provocation (or stop doing the provoking) and get back on topic, you might be taken more seriously.

It has not gone unnoticed by me that you post here lately (last several weeks) much more than you post in Spurstalk. There's plenty of Bruce Bowen hand wringing going on in there, including MANY Spurs fans willing to admit that Bowen employs cheap, punk tactics.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
As for Bowen being a "horrible basketball player", I find it funny how you would actually put this same post you asked for logic.

Bowen is an NBA player.
Bowen made the all-defensive 1st team 4 times, and 2nd team thrice.
He is a regular starter for 3 championship teams.

How does that derive into him being a horrible basketball player?

Ok, I'll give you this, yes he is an NBA player and hence better than me. As far as NBA players goes, he sucks. Plain and simple. His shot is overrated garbage, he has no touch. He can hit the corner 3, that's it. Good for him, there are 10000000000 old ass guys at every park in the country that can hit a wide open shot from some select spot on the court. He can't handle the ball, he doesn't rebound. He has mastered the art of subtle cheap shots. Either he does these illegal moves subconsciously or he just works on them constantly.

Some of the stuff he gets away with you can't tell that he is doing them until you watch him in slow motion. The main thing that comes to mind is that kick on Amare. I thought Amare was just whining until I watched it in slow motion. The guy is clearly taking a swipe, can we agree that in slow motion this looks like a kick? If so, what do you think is his motivation for this? I would guess that it he is doing it for intimidation. Obviously, there is no way to know what his intent is, but it just seems that every little cheap trick he uses is completely deliberate.

I don't want to hear some stupid Bowen defense in the form of, "Raja Bell does the same stuff" or "Look Chris Paul is dirty too." That isn't my point, my point is that Bruce Bowen is a cheap bastard.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Ok, I'll give you this, yes he is an NBA player and hence better than me. As far as NBA players goes, he sucks. Plain and simple. His shot is overrated garbage, he has no touch. He can hit the corner 3, that's it. Good for him, there are 10000000000 old ass guys at every park in the country that can hit a wide open shot from some select spot on the court. He can't handle the ball, he doesn't rebound. He has mastered the art of subtle cheap shots. Either he does these illegal moves subconsciously or he just works on them constantly.

Some of the stuff he gets away with you can't tell that he is doing them until you watch him in slow motion. The main thing that comes to mind is that kick on Amare. I thought Amare was just whining until I watched it in slow motion. The guy is clearly taking a swipe, can we agree that in slow motion this looks like a kick? If so, what do you think is his motivation for this? I would guess that it he is doing it for intimidation. Obviously, there is no way to know what his intent is, but it just seems that every little cheap trick he uses is completely deliberate. I don't like bowen either. and I do think he and others on that team have crossed the line in the past. but it happens in the heat of battle. if anyone has ever been passionate while playing a sport should understand. that's how i always was.

I don't want to hear some stupid Bowen defense in the form of, "Raja Bell does the same stuff" or "Look Chris Paul is dirty too." That isn't my point, my point is that Bruce Bowen is a cheap bastard.
raja does the same stuff........LOL.

if you were a spurs fan you'd love him. this is just a case of people hating him and others on that team because phoenix can't beat them in the playoffs.....that's all. the suns need to play with some physicality and attitude on the court. not in the press conference and not after the whistle......they have that part down pat. if they can do that they may finally beat the spurs and you guys will stop whining so darn much. you have to be physical at both ends it you want to be a champion. bowen is a champion....he may not be great but he is a champion and every great nba player will tell you to a man that he is a relentless defender. maybe the suns need more players like him playing defense....a relentless attitude that is. I won't deny that he and other players on that team have crossed the line in the heat of battle. but anyone who has ever played a sport with some passion should understand that it happens. it's part of the game. just like raja's kobe-slam that everyone on here praised him for. sometimes it's just a homer thing.

Last edited:

Stout

Reaction score
raja does the same stuff........LOL.

if you were a spurs fan you'd love him. this is just a case of people hating him and others on that team because phoenix can't beat them in the playoffs.....that's all. the suns need to play with some physicality and attitude on the court. not in the press conference and not after the whistle......they have that part down pat. if they can do that they may finally beat the spurs and you guys will stop whining so darn much. you have to be physical at both ends it you want to be a champion. bowen is a champion....he may not be great but he is a champion and every great nba player will tell you to a man that he is a relentless defender. maybe the suns need more players like him playing defense....a relentless attitude that is. I won't deny that he and other players on that team have crossed the line in the heat of battle. but anyone who has ever played a sport with some passion should understand that it happens. it's part of the game.

*snaps fingers* I KNEW we were missing something. I forgot, you need to kick players that are down, give them bloody noses, and go after their achilles heel...no, not the proverbial one, the literal one. Yeah, THAT'S what you need to do to win championships. I KNEW we were forgetting something.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
*snaps fingers* I KNEW we were missing something. I forgot, you need to kick players that are down, give them bloody noses, and go after their achilles heel...no, not the proverbial one, the literal one. Yeah, THAT'S what you need to do to win championships. I KNEW we were forgetting something.
if that's what it takes maybe the suns need to do it. those things happen like i said. guys lose control and make mistakes. he got suspended....he has a reputation so the nba watches him closely. some of you suns fans go overboard on the spurs. any outsider would easily figure that out. and all of bowens antics aren't intentional. some yes....not all. he is a physical player so naturally he is going to be involved in more contreversial plays.

Last edited:

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Let's not forget that Raja Bell threw Kobe onto the floor in a playoff game.

Stout

Reaction score
if that's what it takes maybe the suns need to do it. those things happen like i said. guys lose control and make mistakes. he got suspended....he has a reputation so the nba watches him closely. some of you suns fans go overboard on the spurs. any outsider would easily figure that out. and all of bowens antics aren't intentional. some yes....not all. he is a physical player so naturally he is going to be involved in more contreversial plays.

Maybe that's why Suns fans get so angry? Because the NBA rewards dirty play in the playoffs? Because there are two sets of rules? Because cheaters get rewarded? Since all of the above are unquestionably true, it's small wonder you hear a lot about it from Suns fans. And rightfully so.

OP
OP
P

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
spurs blow it again tonight.. brings a smile to my face anytime those cheaters lose..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05