lol @ how dirty the Spurs play..

btimsah

My Name Is Robert!
Reaction score
Spurs and Patriots are similar after all. They both cheat.

Greg Popovich

Registered
Reaction score
Youube looks damaging

I didn't see the game.

But whether I am a Spurs fan or not--

From the camera angle--it sure looks like Bowen kicked CP;

Did not see why CP was called for a foul.

If CP did foul BB--then the options would be to either call both player with a foul or turn the other cheek and do a no-call, which is not feasible considering that the league ostensibly is trying to curb violence in the NBA.

I no longer defend Bruce Bowen. I did for a long time. I now shrug my shoulders.

If BB a "dirty player"?

In this world of politics, I guess that if I was Obama, I would probably say that he crosses the line on enough occasions to justify raising that inference.

btimsah

My Name Is Robert!
Reaction score
I didn't see the game.

But whether I am a Spurs fan or not--

From the camera angle--it sure looks like Bowen kicked CP;

Did not see why CP was called for a foul.

If CP did foul BB--then the options would be to either call both player with a foul or turn the other cheek and do a no-call, which is not feasible considering that the league ostensibly is trying to curb violence in the NBA.

I no longer defend Bruce Bowen. I did for a long time. I now shrug my shoulders.

If BB a "dirty player"?

In this world of politics, I guess that if I was Obama, I would probably say that he crosses the line on enough occasions to justify raising that inference.

I'm sure a San Antonio fan will see nothing wrong with this, because compared to Bowen's past dirty deed's it is rather weak.

Here's a good compilation of Bowen, and how he represents San Antonio;

btimsah

My Name Is Robert!
Reaction score
Bruce Bowen is a player I'd never cheer for. Even if the Sun's got him, I'd never cheer for the Sun's again. That's how much disdain I have for players like that. But in the end I blame the refs and the NBA. In many of these plays where Bowen injures a player, rarely is a foul called. That has let him get away with it and helps makes him the most hated player in the league.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
the jumpkick is hilarious. when can u see a jumpkick in the NBA! Bowen should be banned from basketball IMO. Or let him bring a shotgun to the court , its faster and less painful than his hacks.

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
the jumpkick is hilarious. when can u see a jumpkick in the NBA! Bowen should be banned from basketball IMO. Or let him bring a shotgun to the court , its faster and less painful than his hacks.

but it's louder,
less subtle.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
He knows that....he's just a Spurs fan stirring the pot. I'd love to see someone use Bowen's tactics on Tim Duncan and see them cry foul when another guy doesn't get suspended for repeatedly kicking Duncan in the chest. Or maybe they can stick their foot under Duncan so he lands on it and sprains his ankle. Or kick him in the back of the achillies as he's going up for a dunk. Or drop kick him in the face as he shoots an outside jumper (that would take some skill considering how tall Duncan is).

You guys sounds like the Spurs had never been hacked. Go watch the 2005 series against the Sonics, or the 2005 and 07 series against the Nuggets, those were some very physical teams, but nobody complained about it and the media spot light wasn't on it.

This may be news to you, but not everybody plays a free flowing offense who's main defensive objective is to get the ball back so that you can run on offense. The Spurs play a very rough brand of basketball that is suited for the playoffs.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
Watching it on that crappy Youtube video it was hard to see, but did CP3 swing his legs and try to kick Bowen when he was on the ground? I can't stand Bowen because I do think he's dirty. This is child's play compared to other things he's done.

Oh and btw, the official came running in once Bowen started stomping on Paul so they clearly saw it. The fact that they never went to the monitor to check for a technical or possible ejection leads me to believe that the league does in fact protect the Spurs. All the refs know that if you call the Spurs on their dirtiness, they'll get suspended like that one ref did and I think it affects what is called against them during the game.

Sad.

What is sadder is that the league do not review tapes in game for fouls, they only do that for shots at the buzzer, and then you don't know about this and think this is some kind of conspiracy theory.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
Bruce Bowen is a player I'd never cheer for. Even if the Sun's got him, I'd never cheer for the Sun's again. That's how much disdain I have for players like that. But in the end I blame the refs and the NBA. In many of these plays where Bowen injures a player, rarely is a foul called. That has let him get away with it and helps makes him the most hated player in the league.

You mean twice? I think Bowen was called for a foul a whopping BOTH times.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
For all the accusations against the Spurs fans being blind homers, I find it interesting that nobody has yet to mention CP3 punching Bowen in the groin twice while he was on the floor, before Bowen kicked him. You people set the standard for impartiality.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Bowen tried to knee him in the face. I hope Shaq sits on Bowen.
And then gets suspended? When the Suns have gone for 40 years with only a rare enforcer, the league is not going to change its reaction.

Shaq will have to watch himself. But it's a start.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Shaq would turn Bowen into a grey spot on the floor. Then those guys with the towels would run out and wipe him up.

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
For all the accusations against the Spurs fans being blind homers, I find it interesting that nobody has yet to mention CP3 punching Bowen in the groin twice while he was on the floor, before Bowen kicked him. You people set the standard for impartiality.

Paul didn't punch Bowen in the groin. It's that simple.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Paul didn't punch Bowen in the groin. It's that simple.

Man why did you have to go and quote him, so I see his post even though I have him on ignore?

Well anyway, lets take JETs nutpunch on finley for example. You easily blatantly saw his clenched fist swing upward into finleys joneses on that one.

I see no such thing even remotely close to that from CP, who is flailing around trying to keep possession of the ball after oberto fell over his head and bowen is all over him. Having your arm grace against a leg or jersey boxers slightly while someone stands over your midsection and you are trying to hold onto the ball as someone falls on your head is absolutely positively no where near punching someone in the testies full force let alone trying to do it on purpose which it is obvious CP isn't.

Anyone with even a shread of impartiality and dignity would notice that, but oh look the brick wall troll spurs fan having the audacity to call us impartial while he defends......the spurs again for the 80th time.

Haha what a joke, please don't quote this guy I put him on ignore for a reason...

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
Man why did you have to go and quote him, so I see his post even though I have him on ignore?

Well anyway, lets take JETs nutpunch on finley for example. You easily blatantly saw his clenched fist swing upward into finleys joneses on that one.

I see no such thing even remotely close to that from CP, who is flailing around trying to keep possession of the ball after oberto fell over his head and bowen is all over him. Having your arm grace against a leg or jersey boxers slightly while someone stands over your midsection and you are trying to hold onto the ball as someone falls on your head is absolutely positively no where near punching someone in the testies full force let alone trying to do it on purpose which it is obvious CP isn't.

Anyone with even a shread of impartiality and dignity would notice that, but oh look the brick wall troll spurs fan having the audacity to call us impartial while he defends......the spurs again for the 80th time.

Haha what a joke, please don't quote this guy I put him on ignore for a reason...

If you continue to ignore video evidence, then sure. It was clear that Bowen didn't connect on the knee and CP3 flopped in the video I posted, and accidental or not, CP3 connect twice to Bowen's groin, and it's not like he has never done it before.

http://www.extremesportclips.com/video/1140/Chris-Paul-Punches-Julius-Hodge.html

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
Since posters on this board has a habit of ignoring video evidence, I have taken the liberty of screencapping said punches. I expect the masses to argue that CP3 never had the "intent" to hit, but did anyways, but Bowen does have the intent, but just didn't connect.

Also, on closer inspect, it does appear that Bowen did hit Paul with his knee at around the 0:50 second mark, but Tony Parker's head was in the way, so it is tough to see, even in slow motion.

PUNCH #1 - CP3 clearly had the ball in his hands, and still managed to up punch. Say what you want, but his intentions are suspect at best:

You must be registered for see images

PUNCH #2 - Could have been accidental, as both sides are fighting for the ball:

KNEE #1 (may have connected):

Knee #2 (Never connected, but it is hard to screen cap things that never happened. Just go to video and look at 1:00 to 1:01 timeframe:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZNwSC_6H90&feature=related

Oops, Paul punched Bowen twice, once at 0:41, once at 0:47.
And at 1:01, you can CLEARLY see that Bowen didn't knee CP3, he just flopped while Bowen is stepping away.

But it's OK, I am ready to have Suns fans ignore the evidence once again and say that Bowen is dirty.

Give me a break. You mean Bowen did nothing wrong on that play?

What about Bowen putting his hand to CP's face, and forcing it to the ground. Yes, I realize it was after CP hit him in the groin, (which I think was untentional) but still. Bowen did enough for the league to look at this play and suspend him.

I'm not saying that CP is clean in all this, but to ignore the things that Bowen did on that tape, COME ON!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since posters on this board has a habit of ignoring video evidence, I have taken the liberty of screencapping said punches. I expect the masses to argue that CP3 never had the "intent" to hit, but did anyways, but Bowen does have the intent, but just didn't connect.

Also, on closer inspect, it does appear that Bowen did hit Paul with his knee at around the 0:50 second mark, but Tony Parker's head was in the way, so it is tough to see, even in slow motion.

PUNCH #1:

Inadvertent.
PUNCH #2:

May have been the most damaging one, but looked inadvertent as well. He was going for the ball, lost control, and brought his arm up to his groin.

Btw, do you know what the definition of a punch is? Do you see a closed fist on the second screenshot?

KNEE #1 (may have connected):

Didn't connect. Look at your own screenshot. This is DAMAGING evidence against your boy. He used his hand to literally push CP's face backwards.

Knee #2 (Never connected, but it is hard to screen cap things that never happened. Just go to video and look at 1:00 to 1:01 timeframe:

didn't connect.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
Give me a break. You mean Bowen did nothing wrong on that play?

What about Bowen putting his hand to CP's face, and forcing it to the ground. Yes, I realize it was after CP hit him in the groin, (which I think was untentional) but still. Bowen did enough for the league to look at this play and suspend him.

I'm not saying that CP is clean in all this, but to ignore the things that Bowen did on that tape, COME ON!

It is getting quite confusing. Could you please note the time where you are talking about Bowen putting his hand to CP's face, and forcing it to the ground. The closest I can get is around the 0:50 second mark, where Bowen slapped CP3 when he was turning around. Yes, I already acknowledged that Bowen possibly hit CP3 in the play, there was a LOT of contact in the game. The part where I could not understand is how you people can read intentions, and why CP3 hitting Bowen is always unintentional, while Bowen hitting CP3 is a dirty play.

I tend to think that the whole thing is blown out of proportion and is part of the game.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
didn't connect.

So in conclusion, whenever CP3 hit Bowen, those were unintentional, but when Bowen was turning around tracking the ball and the BACK of his hand connects with CP3s face, it was damning evidence.

I don't know how people fight in Phoenix, but when I try to put people down, I use the palm of my hand, not the back.

EDIT: at least you had the guts to come in and actually would continue to argue, I am waiting for the other passionate fans to explain their stance.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is getting quite confusing. Could you please note the time where you are talking about Bowen putting his hand to CP's face, and forcing it to the ground. The closest I can get is around the 0:50 second mark, where Bowen slapped CP3 when he was turning around. Yes, I already acknowledged that Bowen possibly hit CP3 in the play, there was a LOT of contact in the game. The part where I could not understand is how you people can read intentions, and why CP3 hitting Bowen is always unintentional, while Bowen hitting CP3 is a dirty play.

I tend to think that the whole thing is blown out of proportion and is part of the game.

It is in the 3rd screenshot that you have posted above. That screenshot caught the tail end of it.

These things are always blown out of proportion.

CP gets the benefit of the doubt, because this is the first time that he has been in the middle of a controversy like that. It's like wondering why Rasheed Wallace gets so many technicals.....because he is Rasheed.

OP
OP
P

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
bro you are fighting a neverending fight dream.. dont argue with one sighted people.. its blantaly obvious that bowen is dirty and cheats, has been proven time and time again and noted by well respected players and coaches throughout the league..