OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jenna2891 said:
don't feel bad, i just watched it the other day, i'm behind the times too. but i have to say they did an extraordinary job of leaving us with exactly the same info we had before this episode, which was exactly nothing.

:rolleyes:

You impatient people :)

We found out A LOT more:

1. Desmond is waiting for "him"
2. There is a whole room of food with a logo on it, which is also everywhere.
3. The shark in the water has the logo on him
4. The guys on the raft are safe, and found the "udders"
5. Locke once again thinks it's all about him, when he isn't "him" who Desmond is waiting for
6. The numbers combined are 108 and are a countdown that has to be reset by entering the numbers...

I could go on...

Mike

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
:rolleyes:

You impatient people :)

We found out A LOT more:
I agree...though I'm impatient, too.

Locke once again thinks it's all about him...
I disagree with this inturpretation of Locke's actions, though. He thought the bext course of action was to comply with his captor's wishes--in this case the thought that Locke might be "him." He doesn't think that he's actualy the guy desmon'd been waiting for, rather, the best way to save he and Kate's hide is to lie.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Perhaps this place was built by a very rich man who thought the world was going to end soon. So he paid to have defenses like sharks and all this good stuff. Perhaps the others built it? Desmond is hiding in here from the others on his around the world run?

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:
I disagree with this inturpretation of Locke's actions, though. He thought the bext course of action was to comply with his captor's wishes--in this case the thought that Locke might be "him." He doesn't think that he's actualy the guy desmon'd been waiting for, rather, the best way to save he and Kate's hide is to lie.

No way...the whole time on the Island, the hatch has been calling him, in HIS mind...he was bent over the hatch crying and grieving over the death of Boone, and the light comes on.

The scene when he says "Yes...I'm him"...it wasn't a trick on Locke's part, you can see it in his face...he THINKS he's him...the guy the hatch has been directing and calling...

Mike

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
The scene when he says "Yes...I'm him"...it wasn't a trick on Locke's part, you can see it in his face...he THINKS he's him...the guy the hatch has been directing and calling...

Mike

I agree with Pariah. I dont see what you thought you saw. It took Locke a while before he agreed that,"Yes...I'm him". He said it very tentatively, and looked at Kate before he said it, which leads me to believe that Locke felt the best way to save he and Kate's hide is to lie. Lets remember the guy had a gun in his face.

But then again that is why the show is so great. So many theories and ideas floating around, and none of them are probably even close to being correct. It makes our imaginations go wild. I think about the show days after I have seen it.

Last edited:

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
I agree with Pariah. I dont see what you thought you saw. It took Locke a while before he agreed that,"Yes...I'm him". He said it very tentatively, and looked at Kate before he said it, which leads me to believe that Locke felt the best way to save he and Kate's hide is to lie. Lets remember the guy had a gun in his face.

I agree.

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
joeshmo said:

But then again that is why the show is so great. So many theories and ideas floating around, and none of them are probably even close to being correct. It makes our imaginations go wild. I think about the show days after I have seen it.

that's the way I took it. I think Locke knows he isn't "him" & thinks Walt is "him." Remember - Locke told Michael that Walt is very special.

I think he did it to see what type of reaction he'd get from Desmond, to see if Desmond was a friend or foe. If he was one of "the others" he'd be attacked if he was "him" instead of the reaction that Desmond gave.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
You're morons...YOU'RE ALL MORONS :D

Mike

Now THIS I agree with, lol!

I wonder if Hurley is "him." After all, he's the dude with the numbers.

Oh, and I'm impatient, too, but there's something about this show that makes my being impatient bearable. Weird.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jersey Girl Cards Fan said:
I wonder if Hurley is "him." After all, he's the dude with the numbers.

Hurley stole the numbers for that guy at the funny farm. Maybe the guy at the funny farm is "Him".

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
Hurley stole the numbers for that guy at the funny farm. Maybe the guy at the funny farm is "Him".

I think the guy at the funny farm was in the hatch BEFORE Desmond and that's why the guy in the funny farm (is his name Louie?) went bonkers.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Jersey Girl Cards Fan said:
I think the guy at the funny farm was in the hatch BEFORE Desmond and that's why the guy in the funny farm (is his name Louie?) went bonkers.

Good Theory. :thumbup:

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I think Desmond is the guy with the numbers.

He definetly know their powers.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
I didn't read all the pages of this post, but Howard Stern said he talked to one of the writers and they have this whole show figured out from beginning to end. Howard spoiled it by discussing what the island really is about. Anyone else catch that? Anyone want me to spoil it for you?

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The film says the institute is based on Skinner's work. If my psych 101 recollections are correct, he was the father of classical conditioning. Maybe the island is a huge Skinner Box.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oran said:
I didn't read all the pages of this post, but Howard Stern said he talked to one of the writers and they have this whole show figured out from beginning to end. Howard spoiled it by discussing what the island really is about. Anyone else catch that? Anyone want me to spoil it for you?

I doubt the writers would tell Howard Stern what it's about, when not even the cast knows...

Mike

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KingofCards said:
I think Desmond is the guy with the numbers.

He definetly know their powers.

With the numbers?

I don't think he knows anything...

Mike

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good twist with the girl thrown in with Sawyer and company...

She was definitely on the plane though, so before we freak out and say she was with the "others", they are all probably from the tail section that crashed...

Good episode, good backstory...liked to see that emotion from Jack.

Mike