Lost

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's another thought:

Maybe the reason they're on the island (remember, Locke is always saying there's a "reason" they're there) is because that Desmond has touched all of their lives in some way. Maybe in the weeks to come we're going to see flashbacks similar to Jack's involving Desmond from everyone. Maybe Desmond wasn't supposed to mess with people's lives like that and has disrupted the natural order of things so "the others" needed to not only pull Desmond out of the loop (and basically put him in jail) but also take the people who he has unhinged from natural fate out of society.

:shrug:

I love this f'n show.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I also trhink the reason "the others" need Walt is because he's one of the rare people that can make the numbers work the way he wants them too; otherwise they're just chaotic power.

Warlordaz

Native Arizonan
Reaction score
Walt envisions things to happen, right now just animals, to appear. The appear in his mind's eye and then they appear. Not just with the bird in Australia or the polar bear, but even when he was learning to throw a knife by Locke (who also knows it to be true but he can't seem to place his finger on it).

The Others would want Walt because he make these things happen. H ecan affect things outside of their control, possibly even them. He has already made the polar bear appear twice on the island, a place it shouldn't appear.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't wait for tonight's episode. Thanks for posting all your theories, everybody! I love to read them!

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another excellent episode. I am slightly annoyed they just fleshed out last week's hatch events and didn't actually go any further, but I guess this episode was mainly supposed to be about Sawyer and Michael.

Previews look great. Looks like Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje and Michelle Rodriguez will be debuting next week.

Last edited:

peterman

Veteran
Reaction score
yeah that was pretty sweet episode i though that one guy jin had drowned but then at the end he came can't wait till next week

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since Michelle Rodriguez was in the little jail cell too, it's pretty safe to assume that those people aren't other survivors. They were armed with sticks not guns, so I think it's probable that they aren't the same people that took Walt.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nm132 said:
Anyone notice the octagon logo on the shark?

Yup, we saw it and rewound...amazing.

Great episode...I don't care if they went back, it showed a lot more of what happened between Kate disappearing and Jack showing up.

All that food, the logo everywhere...Desmond is waiting for "him"...

Damn I love this show...

Mike

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Yup, we saw it and rewound...amazing.

Great episode...I don't care if they went back, it showed a lot more of what happened between Kate disappearing and Jack showing up.

All that food, the logo everywhere...Desmond is waiting for "him"...

Damn I love this show...

Mike

I think "him" is the guy that is due to replace him. What I didnt get and Im sure someone will find this. There was a lot of 5 day marks on the wall. Seemed to be about 10 years worth at a glance. He didnt look 10 years older than when Jack met him did he?

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
I think "him" is the guy that is due to replace him. What I didnt get and Im sure someone will find this. There was a lot of 5 day marks on the wall. Seemed to be about 10 years worth at a glance. He didnt look 10 years older than when Jack met him did he?

No, but Jack in that flashback looked younger...longer hair, etc. Could have been 10 years.

Mike

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought on the numbers counting down...you guys know that 108 is the addition of all the numbers we see all the time right?

He's on the Island, thinks the outside world is gone, or sick...and so he's in a sort of safe house, away from everything.

The countdown is a failsafe...if the hatch is breached, or if Desmond dies, the countdown might destroy the safe house, taking away the evidence that it was ever there, or killing those who take it over and have no idea what code to eneter into the computer.

The way he has to enter it...I'm sure it's for his own good in there...

Mike

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fabulous episode! Thought it quite ironic that Jack was all worried about Kate and his refusal to put down the gun almost got her killed.

Didn't see the octagon on the shark. Thanks for pointing that out.

More questions every week. I'm addicted!

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some speculation on next weeks' show...

I didn't hear what the gal that was thrown down in the "pit" with Michael (?) said--did she say she was also on flight 815? So, the other half of the flight is there, too? Are the people that are coming after Jin at the end of the episode other crash survivors?

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Some speculation on next weeks' show...

I didn't hear what the gal that was thrown down in the "pit" with Michael (?) said--did she say she was also on flight 815? So, the other half of the flight is there, too? Are the people that are coming after Jin at the end of the episode other crash survivors?

I think they are the "Others"

Thats what Jin was saying at least. Anyone speak korean to see the rest of what he said?

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
I think they are the "Others"

Thats what Jin was saying at least. Anyone speak korean to see the rest of what he said?

Yeah, those are the Others coming for them.

That girl in the pit is Michelle Rodriguez I think, and she was in the TAIL SECTION of the plane we'll find out.

She was the girl talking to Jack in the airport before they took off.

Mike

peterman

Veteran
Reaction score
did anyone notice that the logo on the shark was the same logo that was on desmonds food

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
peterman said:
did anyone notice that the logo on the shark was the same logo that was on desmonds food

Of course, although it looked a bit different, the inside of it had a slightly different looking "swoosh" or whatever.

But it was the same.

Mike

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i missed the shark thing, i got a drink of agua and didn't see the shark.

where was the logo?

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jkf296 said:
i missed the shark thing, i got a drink of agua and didn't see the shark.

where was the logo?

Under the belly of the shark...

You must be registered for see images

Mike

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'm surprised more people didn't see that big red x.

:lol:

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jkf296 said:
i'm surprised more people didn't see that big red x.

:lol:

Well, I think that watching it in HD might have helped you see the brand on the shark, because I've been reading some people with SD didn't see it as well...

Mike