Lost

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually don't think Jin speaks English on the show...I thought that looked more like him just doing a promo spot.

Why would he suddenly speak now? Makes no sense to me...

Mike

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jenna2891 said:
that's what i thought until i saw the preview again last night and he wasn't looking at the camera when he spoke. it didn't "feel" like a promo; it was part of the preview.

Ah, I haven't seen one since last week...interesting.

Pretty lame to show that stuff...why do they ruin shows like that...

Mike

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Ah, I haven't seen one since last week...interesting.

Pretty lame to show that stuff...why do they ruin shows like that...

Mike

I think it is apart of a dream sequence of some sort. Take a look at the pic nm132 put up.

If so putting Jin talking English in the preview is pretty good on their part becuase it gets people talking about it.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
I think it is apart of a dream sequence of some sort. Take a look at the pic nm132 put up.

If so putting Jin talking English in the preview is pretty good on their part becuase it gets people talking about it.

Yeah, I agree. It's gotta be a dream or something. I mean, he spoke PERFECT English. I don't think it's likely he would speak that well.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The sneak preview addresses this question. There still is definitely a dream/fantasy component as there is no way Jin gets back to where the first group is this episode.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jersey Girl Cards Fan said:
Yeah, I agree. It's gotta be a dream or something. I mean, he spoke PERFECT English. I don't think it's likely he would speak that well.

hey if Locke is paralyzed off the island, why can't Jin suddenly speak English on the island?

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty slow episode. Guest appearance by DJ Qualls (who looks like he weighs 60 pounds) as Hurley's best friend.

Next week looks great.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I missed the first five minutes (when I presume Jin was speaking English). Can someone summarize it for me?

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
nm132 said:
I missed the first five minutes (when I presume Jin was speaking English). Can someone summarize it for me?

hurley was dreaming.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nm132 said:
Pretty slow episode. Guest appearance by DJ Qualls (who looks like he weighs 60 pounds) as Hurley's best friend.

Next week looks great.

Where did he lose 60 pounds from? He was in Road Trip, and looked just as skinny, lol.

Slow episode, but one of the kind I enjoy...more about the characters...and you gotta love Hurley. Good ending, everyone liking him...as opposed to his real life...

Interesting that the tail section people found another hatch...

Mike

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Where did he lose 60 pounds from? He was in Road Trip, and looked just as skinny, lol.

Slow episode, but one of the kind I enjoy...more about the characters...and you gotta love Hurley. Good ending, everyone liking him...as opposed to his real life...

Interesting that the tail section people found another hatch...

Mike

I also like how they solved one mystery, the hatch, and opened up a new one with what's behind those several feet thick concrete walls?

The other interesting thing is the dynamic with the people from the tail section, Ana Lucia is apparently the "leader" and we got that weird comment when Michael said I thought you said there were 23 of you "there were". Lucy said "did they run out of food and start eating people?" I doubt it's quite that extreme but either they're being killed, or taken, and I presume the preview gave us hints about that.

The thing that bugged me more than anything last night was Kate being the only person to take a shower. You'd think on an island all that time and suddenly finding a shower people would be fighting over who gets to take one?

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
we got that weird comment when Michael said I thought you said there were 23 of you "there were". Lucy said "did they run out of food and start eating people?" I doubt it's quite that extreme but either they're being killed, or taken, and I presume the preview gave us hints about that.
My first thought was that they were getting sick, just like Desmond and the French lady warned about, but the previews changed my thoughts on that. It must be "the others" that are killing/taking them.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
I also like how they solved one mystery, the hatch, and opened up a new one with what's behind those several feet thick concrete walls?

The other interesting thing is the dynamic with the people from the tail section, Ana Lucia is apparently the "leader" and we got that weird comment when Michael said I thought you said there were 23 of you "there were". Lucy said "did they run out of food and start eating people?" I doubt it's quite that extreme but either they're being killed, or taken, and I presume the preview gave us hints about that.

The thing that bugged me more than anything last night was Kate being the only person to take a shower. You'd think on an island all that time and suddenly finding a shower people would be fighting over who gets to take one?

Interesting point for Ana being their leader...sets up a very interesting meeting with Jack later, which I assume will happen. Both are leaders, they met at the airport before the flight...and now it looks like he's getting cozy with Kate again...only to see Ana show up.

As far as the shower...only a few people knew abou it...Jack, Locke, Hurley, Sayid and maybe Rose...

Mike

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kate was the one to take a shower 'cause she's the most pretty.

:ratings:

Me likey.