Marcus Info Insufficient

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jim O - I created a separate thread from the Darling and other community activity PR. I know you and other guys in Cardinal mgt. are working your butts off trying to keep us posted, but I have to vent.

I'm guessing that other Cardinal fans are sharing my feeling that - after spending the past sneaking onto our computers during the work day to find out what the deal is regarding Marcus Robinson - we get a report that he visited the Cards facility and likes us. And then nothing after that - Instead we get Darling and other community p.r.

All well and good, but we've been left hanging with regard to the Robinson situation.

Did Mac and Rod meet with Marcus? What are they doing - Waiting for his physical results? Working out details of a contract? Writing him off as a medical reject? Telling him to stick around - they're taking him out to dinner? (It's only 7pm AZT as I write this). Has there been a decision? If so what? If not, is there a time line we fans can follow as to what might happen when?

How often in a metro market with a football team bereft of winning, do a number of fans surf the Internet during a day in the offseason following the team's efforts to add a free agent to their roster? Would it be too much just to receive a comment or two from Mac or Rod as to what's going on with Marcus?

I don't understand why it would be in the Cardinal organization's interest not to tell us more.

Last edited:

Ed B

The Matt Joyce of Posting
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Chill, Jeff. Maybe the situation is being negotiated as we speak or there is nothing definitive to report other than that he showed up and took a physical.

pinnacle

Reaction score
I saw blurbs of the robinson Q&A tonight on channel 12..nothing very significant..same quotes we have already seen that he wants to play here..

Unless the color is off on my tv...he appeared to be wearing a bright red dress shirt (looked red to me..but with color it could have been bright orange)..if it is red:wave: :thumbup:

az643dp

"The Tugboat"
Reaction score
Originally posted by JeffGollin
Jim O - I created a separate thread from the Darling and other community activity PR. I know you and other guys in Cardinal mgt. are working your butts off trying to keep us posted, but I have to vent.

I'm guessing that other Cardinal fans are sharing my feeling that - after spending the past sneaking onto our computers during the work day to find out what the deal is regarding Marcus Robinson - we get a report that he visited the Cards facility and likes us. And then nothing after that - Instead we get Darling and other community p.r.

I don't understand why it would be in the Cardinal organization's interest not to tell us more.

Dude...are you kidding me? Do you want to know what Rod Graves had for lunch too?

:D

Seriously, NFL teams often promote their PR efforts and they should, but I really don't know of many teams that give hour by hour updates on speculative issues. Their thoughts will surface soon enough. NFL teams cover the facts on their websites, they don't speculate. That is what the beat writers and columnists report. That is their job.

I know that you are frustrated but frankly, the Cards or any NFL team do not have an obligation to keep you, me, or anyone else informed about everything that goes on.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The word greedy comes to mind. I think Jeff is becoming spoiled.

OP
OP
JeffGollin

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

That I am.

Look guys, I'm not asking that we be provided with an hour by hour play by play of every free agent visit or the disclosure of confidential information.

But at the end of virtually every other visit this offseason, the free agent has had a few comments for the media, and either Mac, Graves and/or a position coach has commented on the player and his visit.

We heard from Marcus, but there was nothing from the Cardinals.

So how about: "He's been in, and we had a productive visit. But don't expect anything substantive from us for at least a day while review the results of his physical in light of his medical history."

You're right. The Cards don't owe the fans any info at all. (And the fans don't have to buy tickets, merch and otherwise support the team either).

az643dp

"The Tugboat"
Reaction score

That I am.

Look guys, I'm not asking that we be provided with an hour by hour play by play of every free agent visit or the disclosure of confidential information.

But at the end of virtually every other visit this offseason, the free agent has had a few comments for the media, and either Mac, Graves and/or a position coach has commented on the player and his visit.

So how about: "He's been in, and we had a productive visit. But don't expect anything substantive from us for at least a day while review the results of his physical in light of his medical history."

You're right. The Cards don't owe the fans any info at all. (And the fans don't have to buy tickets, merch and otherwise support the team either).

The X-Factor in all of this is that the draft is just days away. Mac and Graves are in that War room with their heads spinning from all of the possibilities in the draft. They do not have time to take a leak let alone talk to the media about possibilites. They did that last week in their roundtable.

If it were after the draft or a week ago, I can see them commenting on M-Rob. However, being so close to the draft, I would rather them be left alone in hopes of making the best choice for OUR team!

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by az643dp
The X-Factor in all of this is that the draft is just days away. Mac and Graves are in that War room with their heads spinning from all of the possibilities in the draft. They do not have time to take a leak let alone talk to the media about possibilites. They did that last week in their roundtable.

If it were after the draft or a week ago, I can see them commenting on M-Rob. However, being so close to the draft, I would rather them be left alone in hopes of making the best choice for OUR team!

Exactly!!! Great post

Jim O

Reaction score
Originally posted by az643dp

Yes...what he said.

OP
OP
JeffGollin

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes...what he said.
I consider myself properly chastized.

Meanwhile....

Whazzup with Marcus?

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That I am.

Jeff....It is the 48hr rule. We still have ~25 hrs to go before we can offer a contract...

Jim O

Reaction score
Originally posted by RedStorm
Jeff....It is the 48hr rule. We still have ~25 hrs to go before we can offer a contract...

blah, blah, blah.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jim O and Tango have been laughing all offseason at us and now I'm starting to see why - they don't vierw the Cards as sport - they view them correctly as COMEDY! You know there's something called multi-tasking that our organization FROM AN OUTSIDER PERSPECTIVE doesn't seem to do well. If there is nothing wrong with Robinson's health, then his status should be entered into the equation regarding draft. Also, if we can't take enough time out to adequately look and Robinson and decide we want him or not by now because of the draft, then I'm really worried - have we not done our homework enough leading up to the draft even though it is less than three days away? Jim O - your contributions are greatly appreciated, but you I assume are a fan of this team AND you work for the organization which in turn makes you an even more biased fan than the rest of us. You want to say blah, blah, blah to people - that's fine - cause that's all we've heard from this organization up to this point in the offseason and it makes sense you would be oeing the company line but as a word of advice - Try not to be condescending to your most loyal fans who are frustrated as hell - it doesn't paint a lovely picture of an organization that we already doubt.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by cheesebeef
Jim O and Tango have been laughing all offseason at us and now I'm starting to see why - they don't vierw the Cards as sport - they view them correctly as COMEDY! You know there's something called multi-tasking that our organization FROM AN OUTSIDER PERSPECTIVE doesn't seem to do well. If there is nothing wrong with Robinson's health, then his status should be entered into the equation regarding draft. Also, if we can't take enough time out to adequately look and Robinson and decide we want him or not by now because of the draft, then I'm really worried - have we not done our homework enough leading up to the draft even though it is less than three days away? Jim O - your contributions are greatly appreciated, but you I assume are a fan of this team AND you work for the organization which in turn makes you an even more biased fan than the rest of us. You want to say blah, blah, blah to people - that's fine - cause that's all we've heard from this organization up to this point in the offseason and it makes sense you would be oeing the company line but as a word of advice - Try not to be condescending to your most loyal fans who are frustrated as hell - it doesn't paint a lovely picture of an organization that we already doubt.

I think Jim was referring to the myth of the "48 hour rule"....which looking at this offseason, it is a myth.

OP
OP
JeffGollin

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
email marcus, maybe he'll tell you what the offer is:
Nice site, but no feedback or e-mail mechanism.

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Give it a rest VC,

I think you are stepping a little over the line.
Your post just demonstrates too me, how immature and inconsiderate of others you are at times.

I'm going to take the liberty of replying not just for myself but for Jimmy O. The type of cheap attack you make on him, puts him in a very difficult and un-necessary position. You have no clue of what either of us is thinking....Obviously.

The simple fact of life is that Jim DOES work for the Cards. Its a matter of moral principle that at times he may have privvy knowledge of things that he is expected to not divulge.
I think he does a great job, telling us what he can, and yet maintaining his intergrity too.

I think you owe him a big, big public apology.

Knock of the the cheap childish BS!!!

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain
I think Jim was referring to the myth of the "48 hour rule"....which looking at this offseason, it is a myth.

Maybe it is a myth but why then did Graves, himself, mention it takes them 24-48 hours to evaluate a prospect before they make him an offer? We didn't make this up out of the air, it came straight from Graves' mouth in an interview with Jurecki and Lewis.

Now it may very well be a myth but this off-season neither proves or disproves it since Colvin, Holliday and Jackson all left town without contract offers but ones were made a day or 2 after their visits. It does appear as though some signings happened quicker like Garcia and Darling.

Jim O

Reaction score
Originally posted by cheesebeef

"Jim O and Tango have been laughing all offseason at us"

I have absolutely no idea what you mean by this.

"You want to say blah, blah, blah to people - that's fine - cause that's all we've heard from this organization.

My blah, blah, blah comment is in response to a reference to the so called "48 hour rule." It was more of a bit of sarcasm saying "turn the page", or "we have heard that one before." The point is that there is no such thing as a "48 hour rule". Each situation is handled differently.

"Try not to be condescending to your most loyal fans"

I come here for the sole purpose of getting a vibe from the loyal Cardinals fans in order to help reach all of you better. I try to post information here within seconds of getting it myself. There are times when I get a press release sent to me and 20 seconds later, it is on ASFN. I am not interested in getting in arguments. I only step in when some comments are way off base...like the "48 hour rule" and I'll leave it at that.

If you or anyone else ever thinks that I am being condescending, please give me an old fashioned trout slapping. Section 11 can show you how.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I agree with Tango on this one Cheese.

First you misunderstood Jim O's post and then crossed the line in your attack on him. His "blah, blah, blah." post was referring to Red Storm's 48 hour rule.

I still think you will get banned someday. You should apologize.

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain

I may be wrong here, but I think it was pretty obvious that both of our remarks were in referance to that.

I don't know why there should be any confusion in regard to that.:confused:

Jim O

Reaction score
Originally posted by AZCB34
Maybe it is a myth but why then did Graves, himself, mention it takes them 24-48 hours to evaluate a prospect before they make him an offer? We didn't make this up out of the air, it came straight from Graves' mouth in an interview with Jurecki and Lewis.

Now it may very well be a myth but this off-season neither proves or disproves it since Colvin, Holliday and Jackson all left town without contract offers but ones were made a day or 2 after their visits. It does appear as though some signings happened quicker like Garcia and Darling.

All situations dictate a different approach. Injuries, times of physicals, medical reports from the former team, doctor availability, background checks, workout results, among other things all factor in to a situation...some more than others. Usually, big money guys receive more probing if you will. It happens league wide.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tangodnzr
Give it a rest VC,

I think you are stepping a little over the line.
Your post just demonstrates too me, how immature and inconsiderate of others you are at times.

I'm going to take the liberty of replying not just for myself but for Jimmy O. The type of cheap attack you make on him, puts him in a very difficult and un-necessary position. You have no clue of what either of us is thinking....Obviously.

The simple fact of life is that Jim DOES work for the Cards. Its a matter of moral principle that at times he may have privvy knowledge of things that he is expected to not divulge.
I think he does a great job, telling us what he can, and yet maintaining his intergrity too.

I think you owe him a big, big public apology.

Knock of the the cheap childish BS!!!

STOP CONTRADICTING YOURSELF TANGO!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry that I was offended by a remark he made to SOMEONELSE'S post. Personally - I felt like he was taking a holier than thou position - Is he immune from questioning because he works for the Cards? I'm sorry, but this is a public message board, and if you're gonna come on here, I don't care if you are the President of the U.S., you better know people might disagree with you and will say so.

Why don't you call me childish again Tango - oh and make sure you do it with your new name for me - you are calling me by a name I didn't come up with - right? CONTRADICTION BOY!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05