Marion Has To Go

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get something for him while he's somewhat attactrive to other teams..

Dude is good for one maybe two games a series..

Unload his contract and get some role players.. Some that have skills to either play D or just a skill and a draft pick..

Sunsfan2308

Reaction score
You could say that about alot of Suns players this series. I mean Barbosa deserves to have his 6th man of the year award destroyed in front of him.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I like Marion but his playoff game is lacking. He's too on again off again...I dont ever remember him lighting up a series from start to finish. He did step more often this time around but he was still up and down.

Bong

Registered
Reaction score
What the hell is up with that shot from the chest anyway?

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
What the hell is up with that shot from the chest anyway?

if marion changed his J, he would be worth keeping. he could knock down a 3 and mid range shot consistently. he also needs to stop shooting so akwardly at the rim. dunk it or use the glass, learn that shawn.

jpjapes

Registered
Reaction score
You could say that about alot of Suns players this series. I mean Barbosa deserves to have his 6th man of the year award destroyed in front of him.

This made me LOL.

I can just picture a crazed DA pummeling his trophy into a locker or something and Barbs crying away

hahaha

jibikao

Reaction score
I still think Marion is great for this game but... just but, he can't produce well against Spurs. That's his REAL problem. I think Marion is great against any other teams, even including Mavs which is probably the only team on the West that can beat Spurs on a consistent basis (if they can figure out how to pass Warriors first!! lol)

I don't know. I mean I like Marion but I also hate him when he plays against Spurs. Spurs has totally figured out his game. Take away fast break points and put a man to box him out every single time, Marion has no offensive game left.

What I don't understand is Spurs usually put Bowen on Marion but this year they put Bowen on Nash. So who was really guarding Marion? Spurs' inside defense is so good and if you don't have great shooting or great penetration skill, you are not going to produce well. Sorry, Marion has neither.

And of course the other real problem is Marion being so expensive....

Last edited:

goldseraph

Irrelevance Sucks :(
Reaction score
I've had enough of Marion also. Sure he's an excellent all-around guy to have but he is NOT a star. He can almost NEVER create any kind of score in crunch time, he is near useless in half-court offense, and he certainly does not exude ANY leadership. He always looks either disinterested or sulking.

I'm sick of that Marion 'don't look at me to change the game' look.

I'm sick of his jacking up 3s at 30%,

I'm sick of him bitching about no respect even tho he is overpaid and the highest paid player on the team, and an all-star.

We should have traded Marion and JJ for McGrady when we had the chance, then we would have had Tracy from outside and Amare from inside, freeing up Nash to focus on playmaking and defense, and catch and shooting 3's instead of Nash having to kill himself to create shots for himself and others.

Nash Attack

Reaction score
You all are crazy, sure Marion isn't the best scorer or creator, but he does everything else well. He is a very important part of the Suns up and down game, and can guard the #1 through the #5. He is one of our top defenders, and someone that does all the little things well. Scoring and creating isn't everything, we have players that do that. Marion is someone that can't be replaced if you ask me.

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
You all are crazy, sure Marion isn't the best scorer or creator, but he does everything else well. He is a very important part of the Suns up and down game, and can guard the #1 through the #5. He is one of our top defenders, and someone that does all the little things well. Scoring and creating isn't everything, we have players that do that. Marion is someone that can't be replaced if you ask me.

jack of all trades, master of none..

imo, the only problem is his huge contract,
if he was getting maybe 10mil a year,
then there willbe no complains to him.

Game

Reaction score
marion to the pistons for prince and their 1st round pick. i'd do it in a second. would they?

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Boris is the one that needs to go. 9 million for a wendy's frosty is way too much.

I disagree, a wendys frosty is actually pretty good.

It would be more like 9 million for a cold mcdonalds hamburger.

cly2tw

Reaction score
I still think Marion is great for this game but... just but, he can't produce well against Spurs. That's his REAL problem. I think Marion is great against any other teams, even including Mavs which is probably the only team on the West that can beat Spurs on a consistent basis (if they can figure out how to pass Warriors first!! lol)

I don't know. I mean I like Marion but I also hate him when he plays against Spurs. Spurs has totally figured out his game. Take away fast break points and put a man to box him out every single time, Marion has no offensive game left.

What I don't understand is Spurs usually put Bowen on Marion but this year they put Bowen on Nash. So who was really guarding Marion? Spurs' inside defense is so good and if you don't have great shooting or great penetration skill, you are not going to produce well. Sorry, Marion has neither.

And of course the other real problem is Marion being so expensive....

Spurs have everyone figured out. The only way to beat them is to either have dominant one-on-one scorers like TD and Parker on your team or have enough variations available to surprise them before they figure them out.

LB is not half way yet of the level of Parker. Amare needs at least another year, and the commitment of the team to help along, to be close to Duncan's. But we have hope. If Marion could fetch a Ray Allen or even Jason Richardson. We'd be really ready next season, provided theres is modification in coaches' approach to our game.

Hugh D'Man

Veteran
Reaction score
Marion wears some pretty big shoes on this team. Its easy replacing his offense, but......

mathbzh

Registered
Reaction score
Boris is the one that needs to go. 9 million for a wendy's frosty is way too much.
Who will pay 9 million a year after what Boris showed this season?
We can only hope Diaw go back to his old self next season.

Rossco23uk

Reaction score
If the Suns can land Tracy Mcgrady they will be unstoppable tbh, as that guy is in the same mould as kobe bryant skill wise, except he knows how to play in a team! The possibilities with Mcgrady would be endless.

KT7211

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Who will pay 9 million a year after what Boris showed this season?
We can only hope Diaw go back to his old self next season.

he cant' go back to his old self cause amare is back to his old self