Matt Leinart's Personal Life Merge Thread

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
We pay this guy a TON of money to act like our franchise quarterback.

As of now..... 2 years into his contract..... He doesn't deserve it.

Do I wish I could party like him? What the heck does that matter. The guy is not a professional.

And IMO this will never change. We hear stories like this every offseason. And sometimes on road-trips during the season.

As of now, he is an injury prone QB that could be so much more. Only Matt can change that view.

There are many, many professionals that I know who work like dogs, are committed, and who are EXTREMELY successful - and who party like they are 25 except they are 40+.

Your post smells of jealousy

Would you rather he be a wife beater, a guy who smashes up ***** bars, and who carries a Glock?

Get over yourself

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He didn't hurt anyone, he didn't get in trouble with the law. He was in his house. That is his private life, and he is free to do what he pleases. I see no problem with a 24 year old NFL QB, partying with beautiful women, at the end of March with the season 6 months away.
Give the guy a little bit of a break. You think a normal 24 year old millionaire would not be doing this, and more often than Leinart ?

Why don't we save our high standards, and uncalled for mud slinging for the season ?

Post of the century.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He did hurt anyone, he didn't get in trouble with the law. He was in his house. That is his private life, and he is free to do what he pleases. I see no problem with a 24 year old NFL QB, partying with beautiful women, at the end of March with the season 6 months away.
Give the guy a little bit of a break. You think a normal 24 year old millionaire would not be doing this, and more often than Leinart ?

Post of the century.

But he forgot the "Seahawks suck" at the end of it. :)

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if you all will feel this way if Matt has a really bad season? Some people can live a playboy life and still be very good. Other cannot. One thing for sure you do not get worse by working harder and playing less. No one is asking him to not have fun but as the Army said "Be the best you can be". If you can do that by living the playboy life then have at it. When I was in college at age 21 I partied day and night and did not even have books for some classes. I was kicked out in the middle of my second year. Five years later I gave it a go and graduated with honors. It all came down to hard work and less play. Most things in life are like that. You get what you work hard for. Nothing comes free and easy. Hope Matt is doing his best as he would appear to have all the tools to be very very good.

And that is exactly what the article is saying, IMO. Nothing less and nothing more. So again, I wholeheartedly agree with Bickley.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just hope he stays healthy long enough this year for us to find out exactly what we have in him. I have no doubts whatsoever that Warner is the better QB at this stage in the game, but we have gotta find out what #7 can do.

Hopefully he is what we hoped for, because the QB class sucks this year and is gonna be even worse next year.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For crying out loud. If this is the worst the Cards have to worry about this year, we are in for a great year. Anyone who faults Lienart for doing this after they have done it themselves is a hypocrite and that means you Mr. Bickley. Jealousy does not become you.

I saw the same thing on Channel 15 news last night. Three people clicking their tongues and carrying on like Matt had been caught robbing a bank. Sanctimonius buffoons!!

When we start telling people how to live their personal lives, we had better watch out. We will be no better than the Chinese or the repressive Arab countries.

njlawrence

RIP, Jim
Reaction score
Well, let's just hope he reads defenses better than he can read the ages of the lady friends he has at his house. Errors in that regard can lead to some mighty big off the field distractions. Maybe to be safe, he should find some "cougars" from Scottsdale. :D

I also wonder why he can't do better than Nick for a buddy. I agree with others that we are fixating on this personal stuff because his professional book is still unwritten.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I just wish he would hang with guys from the team rather than LA types. He is asking for trouble.

In the pictures at that website I wont even mention anymore. There are other Cardinal players at that party as well.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only thing he is really guilty of is letting the pics get out.

I am glad a shirtless Boris Diaw wasnt involved. ;)

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
And IMO this will never change. We hear stories like this every offseason. And sometimes on road-trips during the season.

We havent heard a single story about him partying during a road trip that has been proven to be true yet. The one last year by a poster was called false and untrue by the same poster that posted it in the first place.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One big joke of a thread.

Next thread: Why players should cut their hair and never party. Life should be lived in the weight room.

seesred

Reaction score
IMO Bickley is really reaching and most likely had nothing else to write about. SEnless article is all that it is.

GBR

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Poeple who are questioning his work ethic or how much time he is putting into his playbook apparently are not listening to the coaches. The coaches have done nothing but praise his growth, his work ethic, his time he has put into the film room, and the time he has put into his rehab since he has got injured. Wiz called him his starting QB, something he would not do if he thought Matt wasnt doing everything he needed to be doing.

Matt spent the offseason in Cali with his kid and working out with a LB(Monte Biesel) and throwing the ball with Alge Crumpler. He then came to town 2 months ago and has been throwing the ball with Fitz 5 days a week the day after the pro bowl all the way up to the time Fitz left for vacation. He also spent 5 days a week with John Lott during that time as well. He has been picking the brains of the QB coach and the OC the whole time.

He had a party at HIS house one night, big freaking deal. Mountians out of mole hills. I cannot believe some of you guys are reacting this way and not giving any credit to what the coaches are saying about him or failing to even remember the good things that he has been doing that are far out weighing the bad things this offseason. One 6 hour party at his house does not nullify the other things I have already mentioned. You guys are probably the same ones that read star magazine and have TMZ on your season pass on your Tivo. Never seen so many soap boxes in one place at any one time before.

I will beleive the coaches on this one and what they are saying about him, and they are telling us that he is working his arse off. If he fails this year it will not be because of lack of work without a doubt.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Poeple who are questioning his work ethic or how much time he is putting into his playbook apparently are not listening to the coaches. The coaches have done nothing but praise his growth, his work ethic, his time he has put into the film room, and the time he has put into his rehab since he has got injured. Wiz called him his starting QB, something he would not do if he thought Matt wasnt doing everything he needed to be doing.

Matt spent the offseason in Cali with his kid and working out with a LB(Monte Biesel) and throwing the ball with Alge Crumpler. He then came to town 2 months ago and has been throwing the ball with Fitz 5 days a week the day after the pro bowl all the way up to the time Fitz left for vacation. He also spent 5 days a week with John Lott during that time as well. He has been picking the brains of the QB coach and the OC the whole time.

He had a party at HIS house one night, big freaking deal. Mountians out of mole hills. I cannot believe some of you guys are reacting this way and not giving any credit to what the coaches are saying about him or failing to even remember the good things that he has been doing that are far out weighing the bad things this offseason. One 6 hour party at his house does not nullify the other things I have already mentioned. You guys are probably the same ones that read star magazine and have TMZ on your season pass on your Tivo. Never seen so many soap boxes in one place at any one time before.

I will beleive the coaches on this one and what they are saying about him, and they are telling us that he is working his arse off. If he fails this year it will not be because of lack of work without a doubt.

One of the best posts I have read in a long time.

As usual, this guy gets it. :thumbup:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is the real problem. If he is going to have a party he should collect all cell phones and any type of camera at the door.

The real problem, is us having a problem with it.........

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Matt's "personal"-life is just that...

His "personal"-life. All indications are from what we've heard/read are that Matt is getting ready to have a GREAT year. ...And he's heard it enough to know what seperates the average/good QB's in the NFL from the truly GREAT "ones".

As for the L.A. "life-style"?? I'm thankful that He has Kurt Warner the "QB" AND Kurt Warner the "MAN" in his life. There seems to be a "genuine" friendship and respect developing between the two, and so I imagine they're willing to be there for each other. To "watch-out" for each other. ...And the "counsel" of a good friend is "priceless". That being said, some "lessons" still have to be learned. Like last year when the 2-QB "controversy" was just beginning to develop and Kurt advised Matt to "keep the media out of it" because they would try and use it to divide/destroy the team. We all know that is EXACTLY what they tried to do. So, a lesson was learned and then they moved on. Anyways, my gut-feelin' is that the "chemistry" on this team is deepening and that is vital to its' success. As time goes on, the players will become more accountable to each other because that's what "families" do. They have each others' backs and focus on what's BEST for everyone. Each have their "role" to play, whether it's Star "QB" or "Special-team contributor". They will ALL "focus" on the "ultimate" goal. In this case, a "Super Bowl". So, GO CARDS!! We've got YOUR back!!

Side note on Matt: From what I've heard/read he seems very good-hearted & caring. ...And I'm sure he knows he's not living the "good"-life---He's living the "GREAT"-life!! He's worked hard for it and he's been Blessed!

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am sorry, but I guess I missed the announcement that the NFL has outlawed socializing in the offseason.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am sorry, but I guess I missed the announcement that the NFL has outlawed socializing in the offseason.

That comes right after the mandate the buzz cut.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone who faults Lienart for doing this after they have done it themselves is a hypocrite

I think I'm safe then. I did it when I was 17. When I was 25 I was happily settling down in career life and didn't know anyone who behaved like this. I would've been embarrassed for my friends if they did.

Leinart's future is going to be defined by the upcoming season. I want him to succeed. If he picks up his game I could care less what he does in the off-season. If he hadn't sucked so bad last year this thread probably wouldn't even exist and Bickley's column never would've been written.

FYI: Newport = Newport Beach, Calif.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is no biggy IMO. Although I will say I had certainly outgrown the "i think beer bongs are cool phase" by the time I was 24. That was a a 17-21 at most phase.