Mavericks @ Suns Saturday game thread, October 26th, 2024

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's too bad I couldn't watch this game, because I'm curious whether I would have had the same reaction to Dunn. Doncic scored 40 points on 25 FGA and Dunn played only 21 minutes. If he had a huge impact on the game, it sure isn't evident in the box score.
He did. It was palpable watching the game when he was in. I was surprised to read a box score devoid of steals or blocks from him. But he definitely plays differently than anyone on the court . . . in a good way. Was he a star? No. Was he a difference maker? Yup.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was only able to watch the last few minutes, although I was scoreboard watching.

It was comforting the Suns maintained their lead throughout the game.
It was the first Suns game I've been able to watch so far. Despite intending to skip watching the Suns this season, Dunn and OSO changed my mind. I gave in and bought League Pass just before the season started but since both games were in LA they were (3 day) blocked for me.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was the first Suns game I've been able to watch so far. Despite intending to skip watching the Suns this season, Dunn and OSO changed my mind. I gave in and bought League Pass just before the season started but since both games were in LA they were (3 day) blocked for me.

I'm proud of you getting League Pass. Sorry, the LA games were blocked. I wonder if a VPN could help.

Too bad everything has to be so complicated.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I did sign up for league pass through my cable subscriber.

I usually take in a partial first quarter before heading to bed. If we win I’ll watch the game the following day.

Time change is coming soon so the time gap shrinks to 1 hour for the late west coast starts for us. I long for the east coast trips:)

Lorenzo

Reaction score
well I picked a good one to not watch. I wanted to watch it though. I've usually always had the luxury of watching Phx/Dallas games on national tv. kind of bummed this one wasn't.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's too bad I couldn't watch this game, because I'm curious whether I would have had the same reaction to Dunn. Doncic scored 40 points on 25 FGA and Dunn played only 21 minutes. If he had a huge impact on the game, it sure isn't evident in the box score.
You wouldn't have. Doncic would have had 50+ in this game without Dunn on him. Doncic was in very good form.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well I picked a good one to not watch. I wanted to watch it though. I've usually always had the luxury of watching Phx/Dallas games on national tv. kind of bummed this one wasn't.
Not me and I'm pretty sure that would be echoed by a lot of Suns fans. Things don't go well very often for us on national TV.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, wasn't even close. What was the ref watching? Obviously, wasn't the game. Just shows they can make up calls without seeing what actually happened.
I think he was partially blocked by Devin's body, knew something had happened and just assumed it was kicking. Honestly it was a pretty impressive stretch on Booker's part so I can see why the ref guessed wrong. Inarguably a horrible call but not one I'd rail on the officials for although it would have been nice if one of the other refs with a better view had helped him out on that call.

Superbone

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he was partially blocked by Devin's body, knew something had happened and just assumed it was kicking. Honestly it was a pretty impressive stretch on Booker's part so I can see why the ref guessed wrong. Inarguably a horrible call but not one I'd rail on the officials for although it would have been nice if one of the other refs with a better view had helped him out on that call.
Why guess and make assumptions? That's bad officiating in my book.

Superbone

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's another answer to your inquiry.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Is he like a younger Rolls Royce? I didnt watch the games this year.
Bigger for sure! He's able to guard the other teams bigs without getting overwhelmed. His off the ball blocks on guys rolling to the rim are very good for a rookie. He was guarding Luka last night and Luka wasn't able to back him down or trick him into easy fouls like he normally does with players. Both Dunn and Oso stayed down when guarding him. The rookies both did a good job slowing him down.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why guess and make assumptions? That's bad officiating in my book.
I wish it were that way but I don't think they can do their job without guessing (often). The best we can hope for is that the refs talk amongst themselves, work hard to be in proper position and bail each other out when they have a bad angle.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'm curious to know what the post-game report for the officials looks like. That kick call was one of the most blatant bad calls I've ever seen.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan