Metta World Peace Assaults Harden (ugly vid)

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As a Kobe fan I'd think you would condone it when people lash out using homophobic attacks.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Flopping, no. Demonstrative, ridiculous flopping and writhing on the ground in pain? Absolutely. Soccer flops are legendary.
basketball players flop just as much as soccer players. ridiculous ones too but you can't blame soccer. how stupid is that? even shaq has flopped. and I like how players that retire whine about flopping and most of them did. leave soccer out of it. basketball players sell calls to get fouls just like soccer players do.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Kobe is an absolute punk. The only difference between Kobe and other cheap artists is he has other aspects to his game that make him a great player. In fact, that's is why its 100 times more disappointing to see Kobe do this crap. He doesn't need to do it but he does. I can't remember what hall of famer mentioned this but he basically said that if Kobe had no other aspects of his game he would be called a dirty thug like other players of the same ilk.

Screw Kobe. Great player but it's not like we need any other evidence about the guys character to know what a complete ass he is on or off the court.

Best thing Raja ever did in a Suns uniform was clothes line Kobe to give him a taste of his own medicine.
I remember kobe getting mad and punching ginobli in the face. dirty! he got suspended for that. stackhouse got suspended for a finals game that was less contact than that kobe foul vs denver. but the league won't do anything about it. even when kobe called that ref a (gay slur) all they did was have grant hill do a commercial saying not to use gay as a slang term. why didn't they have kobe do it?

kobe is a jerk. bynum is a jerk, really most of the players on that team are dirty. Pau is probably the only guy that isn't dirty, but he disappears in the playoffs at least the last 2 years.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Bynum's "closeout games are easy" comment might go down with T-Mac's "happy to be in the second round" gaffe.

Already lakerfan jokes are rolling..."game 7s are easy" "off seasons are easy" "fishing is easy." Colossal foot in mouth, drew.
andrew bynum is about as mature as a 10 year old kid. if he would ever grow up mentally he might be a very good player.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
basketball players flop just as much as soccer players. ridiculous ones too but you can't blame soccer. how stupid is that? even shaq has flopped. and I like how players that retire whine about flopping and most of them did. leave soccer out of it. basketball players sell calls to get fouls just like soccer players do.

I think the point is that this type and this amount of flopping came to us courtesy of the soccer world. Prior to Vlade and other international players about all you'd see in the NBA of flopping is when a player would exaggerate the hit to draw the attention of the refs to an actual foul. I don't remember seeing them do it when no foul occurred and I certainly never saw them do the Luis Scola kind of flopping where you pull the opponent into you and then leap backwards to make it look like the guys really nailed you.

Major league acting has been a part of Soccer for decades but it's only been the last decade or so that it's really taken hold in the NBA (with a few exceptions most notably the 80's Pistons).

Steve

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed. The influx of players from europe... who grew up watching and playing soccer, is largely responsible for the amount of flopping in today's league. Which makes the already terrible officiating that much worse.

But its still nothing on the level of soccer flopping, which for me ruins the sport. A team takes a lead and for the rest of the match these clowns roll around on the grass for 5 minutes everytime someone bumps them. The game is rendered unwatchable when one team is up during the last 20 minutes. Just constant stalling and flopping... and its not even all that watchable before that.

The worst flopping case I've seen this year was Gallo at the end of game 4. If I was a Nugget fan I would have gone ballistic. He flops trying to get a call, does not get the call and then lays there acting mortally wounded while the Lakers run a 4 on 5 until hitting the game clinching open 3. This isnt freaking soccer Gallo, when you dont get the call the refs wont stop the action while you attempt to earn an oscar. And for anyone that doubts if that was a flop go back and look at it. He goes down holding his face... which never got touched by anything, and then as soon as the play is over he is totally fine. I would have been tempted to chuck something at his head if I was in the stands.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And there's why you "throw the teammates under the bus."

Sorry, but Kobe bending their ear and Metta Ron back and aggressive as ever lit a fire under the bigs, finally.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Sorry, but Kobe bending their ear and Metta Ron back and aggressive as ever lit a fire under the bigs, finally.

Or it could be that he didnt play "hero Kobe" and jack up 30 garbage shots. Its hilarious, Kobe plays like crap, gets carried... and he is the reason they won because they would have forgotten how to play without him being an ******. I understand how it works. No matter how they win, its Kobe who did it, no matter how they lose, its someone else's fault. Word.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or it could be that he didnt play "hero Kobe" and jack up 30 garbage shots. Its hilarious, Kobe plays like crap, gets carried... and he is the reason they won because they would have forgotten how to play without him being an ******. I understand how it works. No matter how they win, its Kobe who did it, no matter how they lose, its someone else's fault. Word.

Meh...there's a whole team there, dude. Two guys were very visibly dogging it in the last two games. One dude very visibly called them to the carpet about it, and propped up a guy coming back. What happened was the guy who called them out had an easy game (played like crap??? 17 pts and 8 assists on 7-16 shooting? CRAP? LOL. Shut down Lawson in the fourth to boot. Love your haterade fused rants.) and watched the guys he both called out and propped up play lights out...then switched up the D assignment and shut down the only guy torching the team in Lawson during the fourth, holding him to 0 points.

Yeah, crappy game by Kobe. Horrible leadership. Read the Woj article...because you obviously do NOT "understand how it works."

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And by the way, Metta Ron was who won this game, no ifs ands or buts. He put on a defensive showcase for the ages. Kobe got to ride along for that one, because Ron was on fire, disrupting all plans George Karl had lain about Miller and Gallinari, keeping them to a combined 2-19, with one of those makes coming on Pau Gasol.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score

Still i'm sure you agree thats it's sad he needs to motivate those guys, and they can't just be professionals and come out with the aggression needed, without Kobe. Gasol is known to fold, and Bynum just seems uninterested and lazy a lot of the time. If I was a Laker fan, that would frustrate me more than anything. When those two guys bring some kind of game, it makes the Lakers a way better team.

What if they have their series disappearing act game in a game 7 instead of another one?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still I'm sure you agree that it's sad he needs to motivate those guys, and they can't just be professionals and come out with the aggression needed, without Kobe. Gasol is known to fold, and Bynum just seems uninterested and lazy a lot of the time. If I was a Laker fan, that would frustrate me more than anything. When those two guys bring some kind of game, it makes the Lakers a way better team.

What if they have their series disappearing act game in a game 7 instead of another one?

It is frustrating how ALL the guys play/don't play at times. Plus this season we lost Lamar for jack squat. He used to come in and spark the team when they were stagnant, but he was known to be inconsistent also. Regardless, losing him didn't improve the team, especially when we lost him for nothing. Focus has always seemed to be an issue with these guys - even when Phil was leading them.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still i'm sure you agree thats it's sad he needs to motivate those guys, and they can't just be professionals and come out with the aggression needed, without Kobe. Gasol is known to fold, and Bynum just seems uninterested and lazy a lot of the time. If I was a Laker fan, that would frustrate me more than anything. When those two guys bring some kind of game, it makes the Lakers a way better team.

Absolutely....I wish I could throw a bus AT them. It is so incredibly frustrating to watch your team half ass it, and your bigs to get dominated by small energy guys over and over and over again.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I think the point is that this type and this amount of flopping came to us courtesy of the soccer world. Prior to Vlade and other international players about all you'd see in the NBA of flopping is when a player would exaggerate the hit to draw the attention of the refs to an actual foul. I don't remember seeing them do it when no foul occurred and I certainly never saw them do the Luis Scola kind of flopping where you pull the opponent into you and then leap backwards to make it look like the guys really nailed you.

Major league acting has been a part of Soccer for decades but it's only been the last decade or so that it's really taken hold in the NBA (with a few exceptions most notably the 80's Pistons).

Steve
I don't see it that way. soccer has flopping and it is part of their game. every sport has some sort of flopping. you see it in american football too, but do they blame euros for it? you see WR falling for PI calls and QB falling for roughing calls. NFL can't blame soccer because there aren't very many non americans that play the sport. this is just the typical pass the buck attitude that so many people have. rather than taking accountability let's blame someone else for starting it. bs if you ask me. I only brought it up because I heard dan patrick trying to blame soccer for nba flopping and I don't agree. these are 250 pound dudes out there just trying to earn a whistle.

but soccer refs have the authority to punish players for flopping. basketball has a problem with flopping and you can't blame one Euro guy(who may not even like soccer for all we know) for introducing it into the sport. stockton and malone flopped all the time out of control. hakeem was a huge soccer fan why not blame him LOL? I guess he's not a euro?

this is a problem in the NBA and you can't blame soccer for it. they need to do something about it and at least give the refs an opportunity to punish guys who flop.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see it that way. soccer has flopping and it is part of their game. every sport has some sort of flopping. you see it in american football too, but do they blame euros for it? you see WR falling for PI calls and QB falling for roughing calls. NFL can't blame soccer because there aren't very many non americans that play the sport. this is just the typical pass the buck attitude that so many people have. rather than taking accountability let's blame someone else for starting it. bs if you ask me. I only brought it up because I heard dan patrick trying to blame soccer for nba flopping and I don't agree. these are 250 pound dudes out there just trying to earn a whistle.

but soccer refs have the authority to punish players for flopping. basketball has a problem with flopping and you can't blame one Euro guy(who may not even like soccer for all we know) for introducing it into the sport. stockton and malone flopped all the time out of control. hakeem was a huge soccer fan why not blame him LOL? I guess he's not a euro?

this is a problem in the NBA and you can't blame soccer for it. they need to do something about it and at least give the refs an opportunity to punish guys who flop.

I'm not sure I understand your issue here. Are you contesting the history of flopping? It's been pretty widely accepted that the escalated "acting" in the NBA came alongside the influx of International players. It's not a theory that just surfaced recently, it's been talked about since the early part of Vlade's career and it's always been a given that it grew out of the behavior that these players routinely observed on the soccer field.

As for blaming soccer for it, I don't see any value in doing that, it's merely an historical observation IMO. Regardless of it's origins, I agree with you that flopping and trying to fake the referee into making the wrong call is bad for the game and the NBA needs to take steps to end it. I think every play of every game should be reviewed by a group of retired referees and if it's clearly an attempt to influence the ref into a bad call the team should be fined an escalating amount (start at a hundred grand and double it for EACH infraction during a season). Start hitting Houston with multi-million dollar fines and see how long they're willing to put Scola out there on the court.

Steve

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Karma is a bitch Ron Ron. Look who is going to lead the sweep of the Lakers in the next round.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread has become a forum on the Lakers and the exploits of Metta World Peace. As a Suns fan I wish it could be moved to the "Other NBA Talk" forum on this board as it has more than served it's purpose in the main forum and now only serves to gratify Laker fans. Don't the Lakers have a forum somewhere?

Just my opinion.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread has become a forum on the Lakers and the exploits of Metta World Peace. As a Suns fan I wish it could be moved to the "Other NBA Talk" forum on this board as it has more than served it's purpose in the main forum and now only serves to gratify Laker fans. Don't the Lakers have a forum somewhere?

Just my opinion.

I guess, technically, this thread has carried over from the regular season into the playoffs and, in consideration of the sensitivity of Suns' fans, ANY thread discussing this year's NBA playoffs should be moved to "Other NBA Talk."

:D

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
I guess, technically, this thread has carried over from the regular season into the playoffs and, in consideration of the sensitivity of Suns' fans, ANY thread discussing this year's NBA playoffs should be moved to "Other NBA Talk."

You Lakers fans are somewhat tolerable this year, only because the suns aren't even close to a threat for ANYTHING. when the suns were tops in the west, you guys were unbearable

:)

It's like a subtle patronizing sympathy!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It must have been after they knocked Kobe out of the playoffs in game 7 back in 2006.

Were we even alive back then? I bet there's some grainy zapruder footage of that series somewhere. Laker legendary starters Smush Parker, Kwame Brown and Luke Walton did marvelous things for our franchise a few decades ago.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Were we even alive back then? I bet there's some grainy zapruder footage of that series somewhere. Laker legendary starters Smush Parker, Kwame Brown and Luke Walton did marvelous things for our franchise a few decades ago.

Yeah, it was before they got 2 all-star big men to carry that team to glory. Not surprising you dont recall it.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it was before they got 2 all-star big men to carry that team to glory. Not surprising you dont recall it.

Yes, it is awesome that they have two all star appearances between them in the last 4 years. Broad shoulders, they are. Sometimes it seems Bynum and Pau are playing an all-star game with the effort they give out, but I can see how you'd be confused.

Jeez, it's like you think we got Wilt and Kareem (again).

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05