Metta World Peace Assaults Harden (ugly vid)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:D

That's why I love you.

what do you think of this Laker team?I understand we all root for our teams good or bad, but do you actually LIKE this current squad? they seem to be a completely unlikable bunch.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Faried's little acting job sold the flagrant on that one, and Kerr wetting his pants over it probably tainted your view of it.

Faried was not acting in any way, shape, or form.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it was a garden variety Flagrant one foul. The player was in a vulnerable position and Kobe's contact was excessive and reckless. Ten years ago that probably would have been called a clean play in the postseason. Personally, I like the NBA's current version of flagrant fouls. No longer does simply going for the ball or actually hitting the ball negate the contact like it used to (more or less). I don't think it's all that big of a deal though, you see worse fouls than this one just about every night the league is in action.

Steve

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what do you think of this Laker team?I understand we all root for our teams good or bad, but do you actually LIKE this current squad? they seem to be a completely unlikable bunch.

They are maddening. I like elements about them. I hate other elements. I love Bynum, but hate his pouting and his lackadaisical attitude. I love having Sessions. I love having Hill. Pau when playing hard is wonderful, but he disappears in the face of anything remotely aggressive. He folds like a tent. Ron is crazy, but still can D up. Kobe is Kobe. Brown sucks as a coach, but I like his staff. We have no bench, and that will kill us. I love Matt Barnes' energy and wish it could be infused into some of the other players.

I wouldn't be surprised if they won the title, and wouldn't have been surprised had they missed the playoffs. They are woefully inconsistent and at times look like worldbeaters then turn around and half-ass it.

I don't get too up or too down with this team. I'm a bit emotionally detached from them because they seem to not be a cohesive unit. I like parts, but I don't like the whole.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Faried was not acting in any way, shape, or form.

BS. It was a fantastic acting job. Harden didn't give a tenth of the performance Faried did, and he got leveled in the head and actually concussed. Flutter eyes from Faried...I'm not buying it. Great, great job of selling it, but there was much acting going on there.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it was a garden variety Flagrant one foul. The player was in a vulnerable position and Kobe's contact was excessive and reckless. Ten years ago that probably would have been called a clean play in the postseason. Personally, I like the NBA's current version of flagrant fouls. No longer does simply going for the ball or actually hitting the ball negate the contact like it used to (more or less). I don't think it's all that big of a deal though, you see worse fouls than this one just about every night the league is in action.

Steve

Agree - although I personally liked the tougher rules. But I am an 80's basketball kid, and played in the early 90s. That's just how it worked then. I understand protecting the players, but I also remember the clothesline of Rambis was just a regular old non-shooting foul. Somewhere in the middle is where I like the game best.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are maddening. I like elements about them. I hate other elements. I love Bynum, but hate his pouting and his lackadaisical attitude. I love having Sessions. I love having Hill. Pau when playing hard is wonderful, but he disappears in the face of anything remotely aggressive. He folds like a tent. Ron is crazy, but still can D up. Kobe is Kobe. Brown sucks as a coach, but I like his staff. We have no bench, and that will kill us. I love Matt Barnes' energy and wish it could be infused into some of the other players.

I think I'd have a really hard time liking Bynum with his act and I'd probably HATE Gasol as much as I hated Marion if they were both on my team.

Last edited:

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BS. It was a fantastic acting job. Harden didn't give a tenth of the performance Faried did, and he got leveled in the head and actually concussed. Flutter eyes from Faried...I'm not buying it. Great, great job of selling it, but there was much acting going on there.

I'm not going to argue with you but you're wrong. If that was acting, move over De Niro.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The always classy Kobe back in the news. Throwing his teammates under the bus. The "one guy" he can count on is Artest... probably because he is the only teammate who is just as likely to intentionally cause bodily harm to an opponent.

Yeah, those crap teammates only carried you to a title while you shot 25% and tipped in your air-balls at the buzzer.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The always classy Kobe back in the news. Throwing his teammates under the bus. The "one guy" he can count on is Artest... probably because he is the only teammate who is just as likely to intentionally cause bodily harm to an opponent.

Yeah, those crap teammates only carried you to a title while you shot 25% and tipped in your air-balls at the buzzer.

Perhaps you don't watch their games. Perhaps you didn't see the disappearing act Bynum is pulling off. Perhaps you didn't see him on the bench laughing. Perhaps you didn't here his now classic "closeout games are easy" comment up 3-1, and then watch him half-ass it. Perhaps you haven't seen Pau Gasol go poof in the last couple of games like he did against Dallas last year. Perhaps you don't know that the only guy Kobe ever trusted was Fisher because he knew he would give it his last breath even if he sucked doing it.

:shrug:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I'd have a really hard time liking Bynum with his act and I'd probably HATE Gasol as much as I hated Marion if they were both on my team.

Bynum is grating on my nerves, hard. When he tries hard, he's a phenom. But he's also a cocky, lazy, pouting bum, too. I can't reconcile it.

Gasol, I love him but when he goes full vagina, I want to scratch my eyes out. He let channing effing frye outmuscle him in the game here in Phoenix. I about lost my mind on that one.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to argue with you but you're wrong. If that was acting, move over De Niro.

Please, he was making a fish face, then rolled and fluttered his eyes like he was knocked out. Yet he had the wits to pull his hands to his head. Sorry, when you are truly eye fluttering knocked out, your hands aren't cupping your head, they are limp. Then he stands up, pops over and cans two free throws. Note: No medical staff attended to him - no concussion tests. If he truly was "out" like his fluttery eye and fish out of water mouth breathing indicated, there would have been more concern. Even Harden wasn't knocked out from Ron's vicious elbow. No flutter eyes and fish breathing...he grabbed his head and writhed in pain, and did NOT return.

Class A acting chops on flutter eye faried.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Perhaps you don't watch their games. Perhaps you didn't see the disappearing act Bynum is pulling off. Perhaps you didn't see him on the bench laughing. Perhaps you didn't here his now classic "closeout games are easy" comment up 3-1, and then watch him half-ass it. Perhaps you haven't seen Pau Gasol go poof in the last couple of games like he did against Dallas last year. Perhaps you don't know that the only guy Kobe ever trusted was Fisher because he knew he would give it his last breath even if he sucked doing it.

:shrug:

Perhaps you didnt see that when Kobe goes into "hero" mode and does not get anyone else involved the Lakers lose virtually every time. Kobe is jacking up 26 shots a game and then crying that no one is helping.

And even so, you keep it in house. You dont throw your teammates, who have carried you in the past, under the bus in the media.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps you didnt see that when Kobe goes into "hero" mode and does not get anyone else involved the Lakers lose virtually every time. Kobe is jacking up 26 shots a game and then crying that no one is helping.

And even so, you keep it in house. You dont throw your teammates, who have carried you in the past, under the bus in the media.

Yes, you do. They either stop being ******* or they get bounced. Muffers should sit under the bus for good.

Kobe jacks up 26 shots every game, win or lose...his shot volume has no bearing on the other guys getting dominated by smalls, not helping on pick and rolls, clanking all their shots, etc. When they play well, they win. when they suck balls, the often lose. Occasionally Kobe hero mode wins games when the rest are sucking, but it's not often.

The problem is crappy defense and Bynum actively disengaged, coupled with Pau being manhandled by guys 7-10 inches shorter than him. Has nothing to do with Kobe shooting. That's studio guy blather, not basketball.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I can usually get into the Kobe jacks up too many shot argument as much as the next hater, but not in last night's game. That entire Laker team looked like **** so Kobe had to just start jacking shots and he didn't go nuts in Game 5 until he watched the team just play pathetic getting them into a 15 point hole.

he definitely has that problem, but i don't think that's what's gone on in the last couple games.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Woj article (best NBA writer, IMO)

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--k...game-7.html;_ylt=Am8KT0h0U405URw17_tbPKO8vLYF

DENVER – The bus purred, waiting to whisk these Los Angeles Lakers away to a most uncertain, most uneasy Game 7, and everyone waited for Kobe Bryant to climb aboard. He walked slowly, shoulders slumped, eyes empty. He promised to find the 7-foot salvation for his sixth championship on the trip home and implore Andrew Bynum to spare these Lakers the indignity of a colossal collapse.

"I'm going to tell Andrew he needs to play with a sense of urgency, a sense of desperation," Bryant told Yahoo! Sports late Thursday, later than he ever imagined he'd still be in this playoff series. "He's got to put himself at a fever pitch and elevate his game.
"I'm going to tell him the truth."

Andrew Bynum's spiritless play has Kobe Bryant concerned. (AP)
Bynum's fortunate that Bryant didn't see the smile on his face as he left the showers and entered the losing locker room. He would've exploded. This is the immaturity of Bynum, the attitude that inspired him to mock the Denver Nuggets for being an easy out when the Lakers had them down 3-1. His arrogance, his indifference, has cost the Lakers.
Bryant cornered Pau Gasol in a private moment before boarding the bus and told him, too: Enough of the drifting, enough of the timidity, enough of the entitlement. Bleeping play, man. These Denver Nuggets are fearless and rugged and believing suddenly they can make this comeback complete on Saturday night in Staples Center. Bryant needed Gasol and Bynum on Thursday, needed them to be champions at the end of a day that had him puking for hours in his hotel room with a stomach flu.
~

"With Kobe being as sick as a dog and trying to will us, it's disappointing to watch him give that type of effort, getting on the floor for loose balls, and we don't get it from everybody," Lakers coach Mike Brown said. "The reality is both of those guys [Bynum and Gasol] have to play better in order for us to win. We're going to have a tough time winning if we get the same type of production."

The Lakers were down 13-0 to start, Bryant brought the Lakers within nine at halftime with 19 points, and then it all got away in the third quarter. For Bryant, this was pure humiliation, pure hell with no one easing his burden. For all the tough shots he made – step-back fades, the driving layups, the midrange jumpers – Bryant had everything going but the spirit of his most important teammates.

~

The Lakers never expected to see Metta World Peace in this series – never mind expected to need him. Yet things have become so troubling for the Lakers – so perplexing with a 3-1 series lead spiraling into a Game 7 – that Bryant has gone far beyond forgiving World Peace for that foolish seven-game suspension. He's missing him.

"I expect him to come out and play with the tenacity that he's known for," Bryant said. "He's the one guy that I can rely on night in and night out to compete and play hard and play with a sense of urgency. And play with no fear. So, I'm looking forward to having him by my side again.''

A lot more at the link, but there's the context for the Ron Artest quote. And he's effing-a right.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bynum's "closeout games are easy" comment might go down with T-Mac's "happy to be in the second round" gaffe.

Already lakerfan jokes are rolling..."game 7s are easy" "off seasons are easy" "fishing is easy." Colossal foot in mouth, drew.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Gasol, I love him but when he goes full vagina, I want to scratch my eyes out.

LOL, this characterization is pretty ironic in the wake of your calling cheesebeef out for alluding to homosexual behavior in a derogatory context.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL, this characterization is pretty ironic in the wake of your calling cheesebeef out for alluding to homosexual behavior in a derogatory context.

How so? Mine is more aptly termed misogynistic and would be offensive to female athletes. When they want to pop in and complain, I will admit my remark is very demeaning and not necessary. But until then, I'm rolling with Gasol playing like a eunuch (better?).

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
How so? Mine is more aptly termed misogynistic and would be offensive to female athletes.

It's misogynistic regardless of the gender of athlete at whom it is leveled.

When they want to pop in and complain, I will admit my remark is very demeaning and not necessary.

Wait, so it's only offensive if someone complains? Had cheesebeef not known that homosexuals would read his remark, that would have made it better?

But until then, I'm rolling with Gasol playing like a eunuch (better?).

I don't know enough about eunuchs. Oddly enough, in the early days of opera, castrati were usually given the most virile roles.

Personally I don't care about calling someone a fellator or a vagina or what have you, but to deem one offensive and the other one "just guy talk" is a level of hypocrisy I have a hard time stomaching.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's misogynistic regardless of the gender of athlete at whom it is leveled.

Wait, so it's only offensive if someone complains? Had cheesebeef not known that homosexuals would read his remark, that would have made it better?

I don't know enough about eunuchs. Oddly enough, in the early days of opera, castrati were usually given the most virile roles.

Personally I don't care about calling someone a fellator or a vagina or what have you, but to deem one offensive and the other one "just guy talk" is a level of hypocrisy I have a hard time stomaching.

meh, the difference is that a) I don't really care and was just busting cheese's balls a bit and b) I wasn't speaking directly to Pau Gasol with my comments while cheese was speaking directly to me with his. But item a trumps the rest anyway.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05