Metta World Peace Assaults Harden (ugly vid)

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, everything he's said in this thread makes sense except for when he appeared to be implying that Harden was in some way culpable. Players engage in gamesmanship all the time so even if James intentionally walked into Artest, that's all part of the game. It's not his responsibility so think "oh wait, that guy is crazy so I should avoid him". It's the responsibility of the league to keep crazy people in the stands where they belong (and flourish).

Steve

Per the bold part, of course not. But even if it isn't his responsibility, it just makes good business sense to avoid gamesmanship with a certifiable loon with a known tendency to get rough, IMHO. Call it self-preservation, what have you. So when I say "I don't know wtf harden is doing bodying up that guy" I mean it in the "I told you that bitch crazy" kind of way.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
My main concern is that artest will not learn his lesson from yet another slap on the rest. when things get tough and his team is losing he will go for a cheap foul and someone could get hurt. but now look for that to come from barnes or someone else. that can turn a series in the playoffs. For me daniel stern failed and people are stereotyping the NBA wrongly because he allows a bad apple to continue to get away with the same ole crap.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Enough is enough. Penalise and throw that s**t out of the league. :bang:

Stay classy Laker fans.

jibikao

Reaction score
What I think would have been best is 20 games and clearance from an NBA-appointed therapist prior to being able to play again.

But they treated it like an everyday elbow, which historically gets you 2 games, and tacked on reputation and prior acts. IMO, that's great if he was just elbowing a guy a'la Malone or Shaq or others...but he snapped and to me that's a psychological issue, not a violence issue. Much more dangerous, and deserves larger punishment and clearance to return.

Great point! We know the players elbow each other but most of the time it's during box out. I've never seen a player that scores and then elbows somebody's head on purpose. That's not a simple "oh, it's just a physical game". It's a psychological issue imo.

Even the TNT Crew puzzles why he would do that after he scores. If he did it on accident, he would have apologized like what Kenny said. Yes, some people may have some exaggerated reaction when they score (like throwing an Air Punch) but if they hit somebody, they will apologize because they didn't mean it. Artest elbows and just walks away like nothing has happened. He truly has some mental issues if you ask me.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you look at the replay, you'll see MWP look at harden out of the corner of his eye to see who was standing there.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
If you look at the replay, you'll see MWP look at harden out of the corner of his eye to see who was standing there.

now that dallas has lost the first 3 games to OKC I don't feel so bad about the elbow. :D

as far as ron ron though, still feel the same about that guy. he shouldn't play basketball in the NBA. he should play prison ball.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
now that dallas has lost the first 3 games to OKC I don't feel so bad about the elbow. :D

as far as ron ron though, still feel the same about that guy. he shouldn't play basketball in the NBA. he should play prison ball.

You're half right. He shouldn't play basketball in the NBA but prison isn't the right kind of help for his kind of problems. The man is crazy, not a criminal.

Steve

Lorenzo

Reaction score
You're half right. He shouldn't play basketball in the NBA but prison isn't the right kind of help for his kind of problems. The man is crazy, not a criminal.

Steve
I agree with you steve. great post. I don't really mean he literally belongs in prison I guess I should have worded that better. I just think at times when he loses control.. he plays the way guys would play on the streets where there is no law and order(refs etc). I know basketball is a competitive sport and guys get heated. but this guy is dirty and has a history of causing major harm to the NBA and its reputation. It's not right to judge the nba by one bad apple, but this is a case where the nba is hurting itself by allowing this guy to bring damage to their brand. a lot of people don't watch NBA because of guys like artest. I also blame the lakers as well being a model NBA franchise that should have cut ties with this guy by now. I lost a lot of respect for many of the players on that team last year in the playoffs including artest and bynum who both very easily could have injured jj barea and likely end the mavs' championship hopes because of dirty play. Luckily the mavs contained themselves and had no one suspended like phx in their series with san antonio. but someone could have easily been hurt, just like steve nash could have because of horry.

Last edited:

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
he was conan sometime, maybe last night. i didnt watch it, anyone know his attitude and views when on the show?

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he was conan sometime, maybe last night. i didnt watch it, anyone know his attitude and views when on the show?

I saw it. He still maintains he didn't know how bad it was until he went to the locker room and saw it. He says he won't apologize to Harden because they're competitors. He says he's only World Peace when he's off the court. He's been working on his music during the suspension.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do I feel like the Lakers are gonna try and goad OKC into a fight ala SA did us... oh yeah... maybe it's because they already tried to do the same thing to Dallas last year when Dallas was kicking their ass.

don't fall for the trap OKC. Just run their asses out of the gym like Dallas did.

I'm not going to be a happy person if this (scum-sucking) Lakers team wins another championship. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be a happy person.

Steve

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to be a happy person if this (scum-sucking) Lakers team wins another championship. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be a happy person.

Steve

I think you'll be a happy person this year. Either the Spurs or OKC will take them out.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Steve

me neither. and while I think the Lakers are the spawn of Satan and could give all of us a massive ****-burger and win the title, it will be incredibly tough to go on the road 3 times and beat OKC, SA AND Miami.

the additions of Ramon and Jordan Hill have made them pretty formidable. They've got more size than anyone else with Pau, Bynum and Hill, they don't get demolished at the 1 anymore and Kobe's still ridiculously good... and even Artest came on REALLY strong the second half of the season.

Their series with OKC should be epic.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Steve

Nah, the Lakers have 3 good players and a bunch of scrubs. Sessions is ok, but I think OKC is a much better constructed team. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I think OKC will wipe the floor with them.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah, the Lakers have 3 good players and a bunch of scrubs. Sessions is ok, but I think OKC is a much better constructed team. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I think OKC will wipe the floor with them.

OKC definitely has more talent but I have no confidence in their ability to step up. The better Westbrook has gotten the less like a team they seem to be. I think Cheese's fear is correct, the Lakers will push their buttons and Scottie Reynolds won't be able to control them. If the Lakers fall short, IMO, it will be at Miami. I don't expect Claude Rains to show up again this year.

Steve

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do I feel like the Lakers are gonna try and goad OKC into a fight ala SA did us... oh yeah... maybe it's because they already tried to do the same thing to Dallas last year when Dallas was kicking their ass.

don't fall for the trap OKC. Just run their asses out of the gym like Dallas did.

They weren't trying to goad the mavs into a fight...they were pissed and sore losers. Bynum laid out JJ because he was frustrated. Very different from the Horry hip check...Lakers were done when they let the frustration turn into hard fouls.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They weren't trying to goad the mavs into a fight...they were pissed and sore losers. Bynum laid out JJ because he was frustrated. Very different from the Horry hip check...Lakers were done when they let the frustration turn into hard fouls.

Complete and utter BS. Artest clotheslined JJ right in front of the Mavs bench in GAME 2 trying to start a fight. Same exact crap as Horry.

now, I'm sure you'll make up some ridicuous excuse about Artest being "an animal" and not knowing what he was doing, but they were taking cheap shots that entire series trying to get the Mavs to blow because they knew they were outclassed on the court.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OKC definitely has more talent but I have no confidence in their ability to step up. The better Westbrook has gotten the less like a team they seem to be. I think Cheese's fear is correct, the Lakers will push their buttons and Scottie Reynolds won't be able to control them. If the Lakers fall short, IMO, it will be at Miami. I don't expect Claude Rains to show up again this year.

Steve

I don't see the Lakers beating the Thunder in a playoff series because the Thunder are that talented as you point out. They do not know the meaning of fold. The Thunder just sends waves of talent at an opposing team until they relent. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see the Lakers beating the Thunder in a playoff series because the Thunder are that talented as you point out. They do not know the meaning of fold. The Thunder just sends waves of talent at an opposing team until they relent. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Last year I was convinced the Lakers were over and that the Mavs would come out of the West. I believed OKC was a year away from being the best team in the West and for the most part, they have been but I just haven't seen the improvement from them I was expecting. On top of that, I've seen signs of life from this Laker team that I didn't expect to see again. I believe that OKC and Miami are the two most talented teams in the league but I'd be shocked if they ended up playing each other. The mental toughness of San Antonio, Boston and the Lakers will see at least one of those teams in the finals.

Steve

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Complete and utter BS. Artest clotheslined JJ right in front of the Mavs bench in GAME 2 trying to start a fight. Same exact crap as Horry.

now, I'm sure you'll make up some ridicuous excuse about Artest being "an animal" and not knowing what he was doing, but they were taking cheap shots that entire series trying to get the Mavs to blow because they knew they were outclassed on the court.

Wah.

Artest cheapshotted JJ. The end.

Bynum pussed out and cheapshotted him when the series was over. The end.

All this "trying to start a fight" nonsense is latent whining from the Horry hipcheck. NBA players aren't trying to start fights hoping people get tossed and suspended when they cheapshot or hard-foul. They are trying to intimidate or send a message. No layups...don't show us up...don't talk crap...etc. They definitely aren't thinking downstream of how to get guys suspended.

Jeez, cheese.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
He does...he flopped on a Chandler elbow last playoffs. It was pretty blatant, total whiff but he acted like his chin popped off. Ron isn't making that angle up.
I remember that play.

I heard dan patrick today trying to blame flopping on european players and soccer. total bs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05