Metta World Peace Assaults Harden (ugly vid)

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Wah.

Artest cheapshotted JJ. The end.

Bynum pussed out and cheapshotted him when the series was over. The end.

All this "trying to start a fight" nonsense is latent whining from the Horry hipcheck. NBA players aren't trying to start fights hoping people get tossed and suspended when they cheapshot or hard-foul. They are trying to intimidate or send a message. No layups...don't show us up...don't talk crap...etc. They definitely aren't thinking downstream of how to get guys suspended.

Jeez, cheese.
it's the same type of plays regardless. if the mavs had a player like raja bell that tried to step up and get in rons or bynums face and bench players came on the court...they could have had players suspended. I don't think either horry or artest/bynum planned ahead to try to get guys suspended. they were just 3 dirty cry baby players doing what they do. I guess horry learned his dirty play while in LA and just brought it to SA because none of the other spurs guys played like that. they were all class

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wah.

Artest cheapshotted JJ. The end.

Bynum pussed out and cheapshotted him when the series was over. The end.

All this "trying to start a fight" nonsense is latent whining from the Horry hipcheck. NBA players aren't trying to start fights hoping people get tossed and suspended when they cheapshot or hard-foul. They are trying to intimidate or send a message. No layups...don't show us up...don't talk crap...etc. They definitely aren't thinking downstream of how to get guys suspended.

Jeez, cheese.

you're oblivious. Rick fox tried to to the same **** back when they played the Suns in the 2000 playoffs, trying to start a fight with Cliff Robinson of all people at the end of Game 4 of that series.

if you really think teams aren't trying to get other teams to blow up you're incredibly myopic.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's the same type of plays regardless. if the mavs had a player like raja bell that tried to step up and get in rons or bynums face and bench players came on the court...they could have had players suspended. I don't think either horry or artest/bynum planned ahead to try to get guys suspended. they were just 3 dirty cry baby players doing what they do. I guess horry learned his dirty play while in LA and just brought it to SA because none of the other spurs guys played like that. they were all class

bruce bowen was anything but class.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember that play.

I heard dan patrick today trying to blame flopping on european players and soccer. total bs.

Flopping, no. Demonstrative, ridiculous flopping and writhing on the ground in pain? Absolutely. Soccer flops are legendary.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you're oblivious. Rick fox tried to to the same **** back when they played the Suns in the 2000 playoffs, trying to start a fight with Cliff Robinson of all people at the end of Game 4 of that series.

if you really think teams aren't trying to get other teams to blow up you're incredibly myopic.

Yes, because getting other teams to blow up means your guys will not, and thus only the other team gets suspended.

Dude, there really isn't that much thought being put into it by athletes. They are trying to gain an edge...if some guys get suspended too, that's gravy. But they are trying to either gain an edge, send a message or simply are frustrated and pissed off a la Bynum on both Beasly and JJ.

Myopic? Maybe...better than the tin foil headgear you are sporting.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

On this we can agree.

And I prefer having a cheapshot, elbow, clothesline, whatever you want, to the type of crap that Bowen did. I am very surprised he never seriously injured players, especially when he would put his foot where they jumped from.

That douche was dirty to the core.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On this we can agree.

And I prefer having a cheapshot, elbow, clothesline, whatever you want, to the type of crap that Bowen did. I am very surprised he never seriously injured players, especially when he would put his foot where they jumped from.

there's no difference whatsoever between what Bowen does and what Kobe does with his elbows or what Artest does with his cheapshots. You can just live with them because they're YOUR cheapshots... prefering one to the other in any way shape or form or believing they're any different is just homerism.

and don't get me wrong... I've got no problem with it. I loved Danny Ainge on the suns simply because he was one of the few players who delivered the cheap shots, but I wouldn't pretend his were any less dirty than anyone elses... probably because i'm not a hypocrite. But hey... to each their own.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Maybe I am not remembering things correctly, but I don't remember Bowen being a huge douche early on in his San Antonio days. I lived in San Antonio when they signed him (I THINK he was originally a backup for Sean Elliot?). That team was all class- David Robinson, Terry Porter, Avery Johnson, Steve Smith, Sean Elliot, Malik Rose, etc.

I don't recall Bowen or even Duncan being huge douchebags until Horry joined them in 2004 or 2005. Maybe they were, but I didn't notice due to the rest of the guys (Robinson, Smith, Porter, etc) being all class. You take those guys out of the picture, and put Horry in the picture, Bowen and Duncan become huge douchebags. Ginobilli is partially to blame too, in my opinion. He is one of the most "underrated" "dirty" players.

As I said, maybe I am not remembering things correctly. this was all long time ago and my memory isn't what it used to be. I just remember always enjoying watching and going to Spurs games until they got Horry.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there's no difference whatsoever between what Bowen does and what Kobe does with his elbows or what Artest does with his cheapshots. You can just live with them because they're YOUR cheapshots... prefering one to the other in any way shape or form or believing they're any different is just homerism.

and don't get me wrong... I've got no problem with it. I loved Danny Ainge on the suns simply because he was one of the few players who delivered the cheap shots, but I wouldn't pretend his were any less dirty than anyone elses... probably because i'm not a hypocrite. But hey... to each their own.

TOTALLY disagree. What Bowen does is unique to him - I see elbows flying all the time. I've seen cheapshots galore. Hell, even Raja's clothesline wasn't new, that happens. But the flying kicks to the face and the foot stab directly under the shooter are moves I don't see from others.

Kobe is great with his elbows, no doubt. Elbows fly like crazy in the NBA. Kobe's very good at getting a good elbow or 10 in per game under the radar. Bynum cheapshots more than Artest...but nothing I've seen him do is devious. He's just blatant and agressive.

Rick Fox was the ultimate enforcer, Shaq was an elbow machine.

Bowen was something else entirely...devious ankle twister. What he did, specifically the undercutting and foot stab, was cunning and dangerous. Altered shots, yes, but moreso put people's ankles and knees in jeopardy.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TOTALLY disagree.

shocker.

What Bowen does is unique to him - I see elbows flying all the time.

Kobe's ridiculous flailing arm elbow to the face after he shot the ball (something he did for years until he was suspended for it) was unique to him and tried to go the Bowen route, only it was a pathetic attempt to get away with something stupid.

I've seen cheapshots galore. Hell, even Raja's clothesline wasn't new, that happens. But the flying kicks to the face and the foot stab directly under the shooter are moves I don't see from others.

Kobe is great with his elbows, no doubt. Elbows fly like crazy in the NBA. Kobe's very good at getting a good elbow or 10 in per game under the radar. Bynum cheapshots more than Artest...but nothing I've seen him do is devious. He's just blatant and agressive.

good lord... what's the difference between devious and aggressive when Bynum is hitting guys in the air, which could seriously derail people's career? You're a hypcorite Donald. Trying to hurt someone is trying to hurt someone whether is devious, even if it's blatant.

Rick Fox was the ultimate enforcer, Shaq was an elbow machine.

Bowen was something else entirely...devious ankle twister. What he did, specifically the undercutting and foot stab, was cunning and dangerous. Altered shots, yes, but moreso put people's ankles and knees in jeopardy.

Again, Kobe's flailing arm elbow to the face after he shot was ridiculous. Putting people's faces/heads in jeopardy is just as deplorable as their knees and ankles. Bowen was just smart enough not to look like an ass while he did like Kobe did.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You're wrong so often, it should never shock you.

Kobe's ridiculous flailing arm elbow to the face after he shot the ball (something he did for years until he was suspended for it) was unique to him and tried to go the Bowen route, only it was a pathetic attempt to get away with something stupid.

Something he did a few times, and was caught immediately. It wasn't the primary part of his game, and Bowen's "defense" was. D and the corner 3, that's all he brought.

good lord... what's the difference between devious and aggressive when Bynum is hitting guys in the air, which could seriously derail people's career? You're a hypcorite Donald. Trying to hurt someone is trying to hurt someone whether is devious, even if it's blatant.

Didn't say there was anything ok with it...I love that you can write but seemingly can't read. Bynum isn't sneaking up on dudes and shoving them. He is shoving them when they come at him and are in the air. Can it hurt players? Absolutely, and can hurt them FAR worse than any elbow to the head is going to. Not sure where you get this notion that I condone the Bynum shoves because they can't hurt someone.

Again, Kobe's flailing arm elbow to the face after he shot was ridiculous. Putting people's faces/heads in jeopardy is just as deplorable as their knees and ankles. Bowen was just smart enough not to look like an ass while he did like Kobe did.

How many people had careers end by an elbow to the head? Rudy T took a punch...that's about it. How many people have had their careers end because of a leg injury? How many people have never been the same player after a leg injury? Sorry cheese, but you are barking up the wrong tree here. An NBA player is going to be FAR MORE concerned about someone taking out his legs than someone eye raking him or elbowing his chin. Don't even try to defend that they wouldn't. The odds of a leg injury are not even comparable to the tiny odds of an elbow leading to a serious injury. Even Harden who took a vicious elbow didn't suffer a long injury.

Putting people's heads, chests, faces in jeopardy isn't even CLOSE to going at their legs. Not even in the same universe, bro. You can play with a broken nose - you can't play with a twisted knee. Back off the plank and save yourself on this one.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Danny Ainge is 100% without a doubt the player I hate the most in all of basketball, ever. And I wouldn't call him dirty. Not in the least. He was a pesky, crybaby douche who hit too many shots versus my team and never ever ever committed a foul ever ever ever. Little whiny asshat, but he wasn't dirty. And trust me..I HATE the guy. My two favorite moments of Horry's career were the shot against the Kings and him throwing the towel in Ainge's face.

Sit and spin on your hypocrite mantra.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're wrong so often, it should never shock you.

Something he did a few times, and was caught immediately. It wasn't the primary part of his game, and Bowen's "defense" was. D and the corner 3, that's all he brought.

Didn't say there was anything ok with it...I love that you can write but seemingly can't read. Bynum isn't sneaking up on dudes and shoving them. He is shoving them when they come at him and are in the air. Can it hurt players? Absolutely, and can hurt them FAR worse than any elbow to the head is going to. Not sure where you get this notion that I condone the Bynum shoves because they can't hurt someone.

How many people had careers end by an elbow to the head? Rudy T took a punch...that's about it. How many people have had their careers end because of a leg injury? How many people have never been the same player after a leg injury? Sorry cheese, but you are barking up the wrong tree here. An NBA player is going to be FAR MORE concerned about someone taking out his legs than someone eye raking him or elbowing his chin. Don't even try to defend that they wouldn't. The odds of a leg injury are not even comparable to the tiny odds of an elbow leading to a serious injury. Even Harden who took a vicious elbow didn't suffer a long injury.

Putting people's heads, chests, faces in jeopardy isn't even CLOSE to going at their legs. Not even in the same universe, bro. You can play with a broken nose - you can't play with a twisted knee. Back off the plank and save yourself on this one.

you're a hypcorite. that's really all.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thank you.

It is easier for me to respect SA now that Horry and Bowen are gone. Plus, the fact that they took the sweep from us gracefully in 2010.

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score

Must be those Laker-colored glasses again.

azmike74

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
"Elbow a Ni**a" is a line repeated in the soundtrack on that video. That's crazy! LOL.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you know the difference between Kobe and Bynum? Must be those Suns colored glasses again.

Kobe is an absolute punk. The only difference between Kobe and other cheap artists is he has other aspects to his game that make him a great player. In fact, that's is why its 100 times more disappointing to see Kobe do this crap. He doesn't need to do it but he does. I can't remember what hall of famer mentioned this but he basically said that if Kobe had no other aspects of his game he would be called a dirty thug like other players of the same ilk.

Screw Kobe. Great player but it's not like we need any other evidence about the guys character to know what a complete ass he is on or off the court.

Best thing Raja ever did in a Suns uniform was clothes line Kobe to give him a taste of his own medicine.

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kobe is an absolute punk. The only difference between Kobe and other cheap artists is he has other aspects to his game that make him a great player. In fact, that's is why its 100 times more disappointing to see Kobe do this crap. He doesn't need to do it but he does. I can't remember what hall of famer mentioned this but he basically said that if Kobe had no other aspects of his game he would be called a dirty thug like other players of the same ilk.

Screw Kobe. Great player but it's not like we need any other evidence about the guys character to know what a complete ass he is on or off the court.

Best thing Raja ever did in a Suns uniform was clothes line Kobe to give him a taste of his own medicine.

:wah:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kobe is just as dirty as Bowen ever was, he just gets treated with kid gloves because he is a media darling.

When Kobe didnt have some big men to carry him on deep playoff runs and he was stuck on those mediocre laker teams he took out his unspent playoff aggression on players faces. How Kobe throwing gruesome elbows at countless opponents heads somehow makes him more noble than any other player trying to deliberately injure is a joke.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kobe is just as dirty as Bowen ever was, he just gets treated with kid gloves because he is a media darling.

When Kobe didnt have some big men to carry him on deep playoff runs and he was stuck on those mediocre laker teams he took out his unspent playoff aggression on players faces. How Kobe throwing gruesome elbows at countless opponents heads somehow makes him more noble than any other player trying to deliberately injure is a joke.

Elbows are a part of the game. Hell, you are taught to use your elbows - squeeze ball, rotate trunk, clear out space. Move ball up elbows out and if a guy is up in your grill, he is impeding your shot. You can't aim them, but you can throw 'em. Kobe gets away with them more than most, and he's good at using them for sure. Does it make them dirty? You betcha. Absolutely. But he isn't the only guy who throws bows...he's just really good at it. And when you are good at it, the refs don't see it. It isn't going to put anyone out for any time though.

However, Bowen stepping under shooters is well outside the realm of an elbow to the face. Kicking them in the back or stepping on them when they are on the ground. It goes directly to the ability to play the game, and for an NBA player, to potentially make money. It is not something taught. It is very effective though, but dangerous. Much moreso than an elbow to the face. For that reason, I put Bowen as the most dirty player I've ever seen play. What he did was nasty, devious and under the guise of "defense." The funny thing about this Metta Ron thing was that Bowen came out and called it dirty, and then Barnes (no stranger to dirty play) called out Bowen for calling anyone dirty. Quite funny pot calling kettle calling midnight black.

I have had several elbows to the face playing ball - played a whole game with a bloody jersey after catching one in the nose on a half court corner trap (not a foul called, either) and never got in a fight about it. The only on-court fight I was ever in was when a guy took my legs out on a layup, and I wasn't the first one in the fray - my teammates were. Don't ef with a player's legs, ever. You can elbow me and I'll get you back with my own elbow, or like Raja, will lay you out. Cut my legs, different story.

Amare, Vince Carter, Ray Allen, Chris Paul would all agree. They'd say Kobe plays dirty, but they'd say Bown plays dangerous.

BTW, Bynum is more in the dangerous category than dirty. The midair shoves are dangerous - he doesn't do them as often as Bowen did his stuff, and they are always caught when Bowen was rarely caught. But his fall into the dangerous category and Kobe's fall into the ******** category.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Elbows are a part of the game. Hell, you are taught to use your elbows - squeeze ball, rotate trunk, clear out space. Move ball up elbows out and if a guy is up in your grill, he is impeding your shot. You can't aim them, but you can throw 'em. Kobe gets away with them more than most, and he's good at using them for sure. Does it make them dirty? You betcha. Absolutely. But he isn't the only guy who throws bows...he's just really good at it. And when you are good at it, the refs don't see it. It isn't going to put anyone out for any time though.

However, Bowen stepping under shooters is well outside the realm of an elbow to the face. Kicking them in the back or stepping on them when they are on the ground. It goes directly to the ability to play the game, and for an NBA player, to potentially make money. It is not something taught. It is very effective though, but dangerous. Much moreso than an elbow to the face. For that reason, I put Bowen as the most dirty player I've ever seen play. What he did was nasty, devious and under the guise of "defense." The funny thing about this Metta Ron thing was that Bowen came out and called it dirty, and then Barnes (no stranger to dirty play) called out Bowen for calling anyone dirty. Quite funny pot calling kettle calling midnight black.

I have had several elbows to the face playing ball - played a whole game with a bloody jersey after catching one in the nose on a half court corner trap (not a foul called, either) and never got in a fight about it. The only on-court fight I was ever in was when a guy took my legs out on a layup, and I wasn't the first one in the fray - my teammates were. Don't ef with a player's legs, ever. You can elbow me and I'll get you back with my own elbow, or like Raja, will lay you out. Cut my legs, different story.

Amare, Vince Carter, Ray Allen, Chris Paul would all agree. They'd say Kobe plays dirty, but they'd say Bown plays dangerous.

BTW, Bynum is more in the dangerous category than dirty. The midair shoves are dangerous - he doesn't do them as often as Bowen did his stuff, and they are always caught when Bowen was rarely caught. But his fall into the dangerous category and Kobe's fall into the ******** category.

i can agree with that.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Targeted elbows... to defenseless players heads... targeted elbows... on your shot release. Those are NOT a part of the game, have no place in it and have potential to cause very serious injury.

To pretend otherwise is pathetic.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05