Minnesota Fan Source Reports KG in talks with Suns

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amare and JJ back on the same team doesn't make much sense with the reported clashes that they had. If the Hawks were to ask for Marion, I'm sure they'd be unloading one or two of their SF's to Minny.

I don't agree. I think Amare and JJ would gladly put up with each other to win games. Especially, after JJ knows what it is like to be the man and be in purgatory. The Hawks would be a force to be reckoned with if Amare and JJ are teamed up.

I just hope we don't trade KG for Amare no matter what team Amare ends up on.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
What would be the point in getting a third team (Atlanta) involved if we're going to trade Amare? We could get a deal done directly with the Wolves if we included him. I thought the whole point in doing a three way (like the Boston deal) was to be able to do it with Marion instead.

Giving up Amare and our picks for KG doesn't make sense to me no matter where they go. We'd have to have one of those lottery picks (#3 or #7) coming back our way to even consider it with Amare in the mix.

Sundance

Registered
Reaction score
TheHopToad says: What would be the point in getting a third team (Atlanta) involved if we're going to trade Amare? We could get a deal done directly with the Wolves if we included him.
Chad Ford said the Wolves are no longer interested in Amare and instead want high picks.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chad Ford said the Wolves are no longer interested in Amare and instead want high picks.

If the latest reports are true and the MT no longer want Amare then there is ZERO reason to trade Amare. Obviously, the Suns never wanted to trade Amare for KG. If they did, I think the deal would have been done.

You can't tell me that if the MT are no longer interested in Amare that the Suns are still likely to trade him. It would seem the Suns could get creative enough to send Shawn to Atlanta or used player/picks combo to get that same deal done.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Amare to Atlanta? I think it'd take #3, 11, and Josh Smith plus they have to take Banks' contract in exchange for Lue's. And this I'd only do if the concern about Amare's knees is too strong.

Aside from that, Marion still must go either for #4 or #5 package. Otherwise, we don't have a chance to win anything in the playoffs.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Amare to Atlanta? I think it'd take #3, 11, and Josh Smith plus they have to take Banks' contract in exchange for Lue's. And this I'd only do if the concern about Amare's knees is too strong.

Aside from that, Marion still must go either for #4 or #5 package. Otherwise, we don't have a chance to win anything in the playoffs.

As I have said before, I would trade Amare if and only if we came out of it with KG and Horford. So, in your scenario, I would then send Marion/Thomas/#11/#24 for KG and then send Barbosa/Diaw for GWallace(s&t)/May, but then that's blowing it all up.

Nash-Kopponen
Wallace-Bell
Smith-Hill
Horford-May
KG-PJBrown

Yeah, I'd do it....

Note: I know this is a fantasy trade, but I'm just saying what it would take for me to be happy getting rid of Stoudemire. Notice we STILL have ATL#1 next year....

cly2tw

Reaction score
As I have said before, I would trade Amare if and only if we came out of it with KG and Horford. So, in your scenario, I would then send Marion/Thomas/#11/#24 for KG and then send Barbosa/Diaw for GWallace(s&t)/May, but then that's blowing it all up.

Nash-Kopponen
Wallace-Bell
Smith-Hill
Horford-May
KG-PJBrown

Yeah, I'd do it....

Note: I know this is a fantasy trade, but I'm just saying what it would take for me to be happy getting rid of Stoudemire. Notice we STILL have ATL#1 next year....

I don't think Horford is that substantial. And the reason Minn will do KG for picks is they want to get him at #3. I'd not do Diaw/LB for Wallace/May. We could get Bobcat's #8 for Atl. 08 pick, JR and #29. So, with #5 and #8 we could pick Noah/BWilliams/Green/Brewer. Maybe Hornets could sign and trade Wallace for our #8 pick and our trade exception created in Amare to Atl trade. I don't think we can get Hill but Browns are good to split the the MLE.

Nash-West
Bell-LB
Wallace-Devin Brown
Smith-Diaw
KG-Noah-PJBrown

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LOL! at the Wolves coming away with the #3,#7,#11,#24, and #29. Have fun trying to resign those players when their rookie deals expire. Maybe their thinking is that with so many picks they are bound to get at least one right.

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score

So what you mean is: "Blah, blah, blah...I hate Marion with an irrational passion and will trade him for a used toothbrush and a half eaten Snickers bar, even if it sets the Suns back 3 years and they lose Nash's window...blah, blah, blah, blah."

:)

Last edited:

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
i just saw something very interesting on the local news. They were doing the sports, and the guy was talking about how minny rejected a package of odom/brown and had no interest in what LAL has to offer. He then says, "A brand new deal brought to the table today has KG going to,of all places, the phoenix suns. Noooo!" he sent it to some correspondent who said "The deal including boston,phx,and minny is in the works as we speak." he mentioned marion's agents comments, and the package that would be included.Then he says what was really promising, "With 2 days left in the draft, the suns are the ONLY team still in talks with minny" so basically if they dont want to let him go for nothing, the suns are the best destination currrently :D

i should also mention i'm from the san diego area, where they praise the lakers like the 90's bulls

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The pressure will be on Minny in the final hours leading up to the draft, if they want a say in who is drafted. Suns need to remain firm and give up as little as possible. Kerr seems to be pretty savvy and patient. I think BC would have pulled the trigger long ago and given up too much.

cly2tw

Reaction score
So what you mean is: "Blah, blah, blah...I hate Marion with an irrational passion and will trade him for a used toothbrush and a half eaten Snickers bar, even if it sets the Suns back 3 years and they lose Nash's window...blah, blah, blah, blah."

:)

Hey, don't blame the messenger. I have been saying for the last 3 years that we can't win a title with Marion for the contract he plays with.

And passion is always irrational.:shock: And many have a passion for stats from which they develop a passion for Marion. Too bad that I don't share this passion.:shrug:

In contrast, my suggestion of trading Marion is based on reason not passion. Being shut down by PGs like Terry and Parker is REASON enough that we'd never have a chance to get by the Spurs, or even Mavs.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is going to have to be a 3 team trade.

I can see Us giving Marion and all the picks, taking a overpaid scrub or two from say boston or somesuch, while boston gives their #5 pick and someone useful to minny.

Minnesota gets loaded with picks and maybe loses a bad salary, boston gets marion and loses a bad salary or two, phoenix gets KG.

I know that was messy but I figure it will have to be something like that.

George - did you hack into Insano's account and post this? Otherwise, it looks pretty foolish of you to claim you were the one to lay this out, considering this is on the FIRST PAGE OF THE THREAD WHERE THE ENTIRE SUBJECT WAS RAISED.

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
George - did you hack into Insano's account and post this? Otherwise, it looks pretty foolish of you to claim you were the one to lay this out, considering this is on the FIRST PAGE OF THE THREAD WHERE THE ENTIRE SUBJECT WAS RAISED.

There were several threads, so perhaps it was in a different thread.

BTW, the whole point was that your general claim that I have always been opposed to the deal is simply wrong.