Minnesota Fan Source Reports KG in talks with Suns

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Latest whispers...

- Garnett did absolutely not want to go to LA, he wants to go to Phoenix and no other team.. The only option is staying in Minnesota because he doesn't really want to move and move his family.
- Considering a Phoenix deal might not work out now after all, Garnett has soften up and would consider playing in LA but only if Kobe guaranteed to stay.
- Read on a Celtics board that a Min-Bos-Phx-Atl trade is rumored

Sundance

Registered
Reaction score
Chad Ford is flapping his mouth on ESPN...

http://www.mnsportsfans.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14769

Once again, this is from Timberwolves Central:

jUeLz says: "Wolves and Lakers talks slowed. Wolves/Suns/Hawks Deal discussed now, Wolves don't want Amare according to Ford , rather have young players and expiring contracts, Hawks might send us 3rd and 11th picks somehow if they got Amare. Kobe would think about staying if KG came to the Lakers according to sources close to him."

If we don't want Amare we are on crack.

Last edited:
OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Either the Wolves are retards (which based on their history isn't really a question) or it is supposed to mean "don't want Amare at the Suns price".

Sundance

Registered
Reaction score
http://www.mnsportsfans.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14773

For what it's worth:

60 cent says:

"One source has told me that Chad Ford's rumor is not 100% inaccurate. The draft pick scenario where the Wolves end up with the 3, 11, 24, 29, and their pick is the closest to any of the rumors he's put out there regarding the KG derby."

"Another source says any KG to LA talk, at this point, is wishful ESPN thinking. He thinks Phoenix is where the chips lie for KG at this point and thinks Marion or Amare heads east, possibly to Atlanta"

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Anyone whose screen name sounds like a rapper has instant credibility in my book.

Not.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
Anyone whose screen name sounds like a rapper has instant credibility in my book.

Not.
Now to me, that's a great user name. I really would give that guy more credibility than "Ms. Wolf", "TheLoneWolf", and "Jersey Wolf".

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. ;)

Sundance

Registered
Reaction score
Remind me what the Chad Ford article said. I forget in my old age.

Chad Ford was on ESPN saying that Wolves weren't interested in Amare anymore and would rather have high picks. Ford went on to discuss a trade between PHX/ATL/MIN where Amare lands in Atlanta, and all of Atlanta's picks go to the Wolves, with KG going to Phoenix.

Last edited:

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Chad Ford was on ESPN saying that Wolves weren't interested in Amare anymore and would rather have high picks. Ford went on to discuss a trade between PHX/ATL/MIN where Amare lands in Atlanta, and all of Atlanta's picks go to the Wolves, with KG going to Phoenix.
I just watched that too. Should be interesting.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I just watched that too. Should be interesting.

He said amare OR marion in atl. I think amare would have voluntary microfracture on his other knee if he went to atl.

But the prospects of joe, who aint too fond of amare, teaming with stat again would be interesting. On the other hand joe and shawn are very close friends.

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
He said amare OR marion in atl. I think amare would have voluntary microfracture on his other knee if he went to atl.

But the prospects of joe, who aint too fond of amare, teaming with stat again would be interesting. On the other hand joe and shawn are very close friends.

Haha that's exactly what that team needs - another SF.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
my head is going to explode with all of these trade proposals.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score

Amare and JJ back on the same team doesn't make much sense with the reported clashes that they had. If the Hawks were to ask for Marion, I'm sure they'd be unloading one or two of their SF's to Minny.

Last edited:

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Amare and JJ back on the same team doesn't make much sense with the reported clashes that they had. If the Hawks were to ask for Marion, I'm sure they'd be unload one or two of their SF's to Minny.

Do these guys take more than thirty seconds to come up with this stuff? "Gee, my last absurd phony rumor was shot down, let me make an even dumber one".

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Do these guys take more than thirty seconds to come up with this stuff? "Gee, my last absurd phony rumor was shot down, let me make an even dumber one".
LOL. That's "insiders" for you. I just like to talk about different scenarios regardless. I know you get sick of them, but to me it's something to talk about.

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
LOL. That's "insiders" for you. I just like to talk about different scenarios regardless. I know you get sick of them, but to me it's something to talk about.

I'd rather have something more ueful than "gee, those guys have some cap space, let's send Amare there for a draft pick". :bang: