NBA Finals: Spurs vs Heat

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I realize that; however, I wouldn't say they're content with a tie, especially with how they got eviscerated by the Heat last night. IMO, it would've been in their best interest to win the second game because now, Miami has the momentum going into San Antonio and should be re-energized after their grueling series with the Pacers.

so much for that "momentum" you were talking about.

holy cow, even though I thought Miami's mo wouldn't carry over all that much coming to SA, I never saw that beatdown coming.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who made that wager about the Spurs not winning 2 games?

no one. Budden threw down the idea that Miami would get swept...or win at most one game. I tried to take him up on it, and he never responded.

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
3 points > 2 points. Green and Neal...unbelievable.

Leonard...will he become the Kingslayer?

Can someone post a video or pic of Duncan's most impressive bank shot please?

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Loved looking at Spoelstra's facial expression while cowering on the bench in the second half. Hope to see more of that next game.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
no one. Budden threw down the idea that Miami would get swept...or win at most one game. I tried to take him up on it, and he never responded.

Ahh. A friend of mine (who is a gambling junkie) hotly debated this series, he thought Miami would steamroll, I thought the Spurs would win 2 of the first 3 before Miami brought out their extra gear that no one else has. I might be right so far but I am seriously doubting my prediction...

Miami relies is so reliant on forcing turnovers and capitalizing on transition mistakes and mismatches... and the Spurs are so damn smart and disciplined that its pretty rare they will provide those opportunities en masse.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahh. A friend of mine (who is a gambling junkie) hotly debated this series, he thought Miami would steamroll, I thought the Spurs would win 2 of the first 3 before Miami brought out their extra gear that no one else has. I might be right so far but I am seriously doubting my prediction...

Miami relies is so reliant on forcing turnovers and capitalizing on transition mistakes and mismatches... and the Spurs are so damn smart and disciplined that its pretty rare they will provide those opportunities en masse.

Yeah...I thought it would be a tight series, but I never expected the Heat to suffer a beat down at any point like they did in the last game.

And although heat fans will probably disagree, but if Bron keeps stinking up the joint and they now out meekly, it's gonna tarnish his legacy. You just can't keep losing in the finals, especially when you go in favored in two of the and play wayyyy below your normal level of ball.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Yet the Heat have never directly kept the Suns away from a championship. You can legitimately state that the Spurs were responsible for keeping the Suns away from at least one title.

If it makes you happy, you can claim it to be Ancient History, but three of the clowns + the smarmy coach are still alive and well on that team. Rooting for their success is cutting your nose to save your face.

It was as recent as this season that I heard, "our season sucked, but at least we beat the Spurs on their home court." Doesn't sound like wounds that have quite healed, yet.

No Horry. No Bowen.

That's why I can't hate this Spurs team. Doesn't mean I like them. But I'm actually kind of rooting for them to beat the Heat. I hate how the Heat were assembled and Lebron's whole "Not one..not two..not three!" BS.

This Spurs team represents old-school basketball. A team built primarily through the draft and under-the-radar FA's. They're well coached and play great team basketball. I'd probably be rooting for almost anyone else aside from the Heat. But the Spurs are a little lower on my dislike scale at this point. (Without Horry or Bowen.)

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
This Spurs team represents old-school basketball. A team built primarily through the draft and under-the-radar FA's. They're well coached and play great team basketball. I'd probably be rooting for almost anyone else aside from the Heat. But the Spurs are a little lower on my dislike scale at this point. (Without Horry or Bowen.)

And I'd add: Basically without Ginobili, too. Ginobili has been playing, but he's been ineffective and an afterthought. I could never root for Ginobili, but if he's a shadow on the court while Green, Neal, and Leonard are making the big plays, I'm fine with that.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's early but Green is the Finals MVP as of today.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so, Budden, do I get to make your signature for a while? you never responded to that pretty dubious prognostication you made.

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
The Heat were just better in game 4. 2-2 is not that bad against a great team but the next game is obviously a must win for my beloved Spurs.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Heat were just better in game 4. 2-2 is not that bad against a great team but the next game is obviously a must win for my beloved Spurs.

I'm trying to figure out why a Spurs fan with no AZ sports connection is posting on a Suns board when the Spurs are in the Finals and the Suns didn't even make the playoffs.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out why a Spurs fan with no AZ sports connection is posting on a Suns board when the Spurs are in the Finals and the Suns didn't even make the playoffs.

Two options:

1. Manu5 has literally NO life.

Or...well, that's pretty much it. 2 was going to be he's a troll, but that pretty much falls under the umbrella of number 1

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouch. I guess we don't like visitors around these parts. I must admit, I'm used to a more open environment. One where anyone was welcome as long as they weren't disruptive and while I don't always agree with Manu, he's not been disruptive.

Steve

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Ouch. I guess we don't like visitors around these parts. I must admit, I'm used to a more open environment. One where anyone was welcome as long as they weren't disruptive and while I don't always agree with Manu, he's not been disruptive.

Steve

I think the point is "why"? We're not exactly the most welcoming bunch and we certainly aren't very nice to one another a lot of the time. Why would someone who isn't a fan of the team subject themselves to that. Hell, there are people on the Cardinals board that wouldn't step foot on this one. lol

I think it makes little sense, personally, that he's posting on this board at this point in time. Some here might take it as rubbing it in our faces, considering the history.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the point is "why"? We're not exactly the most welcoming bunch and we certainly aren't very nice to one another a lot of the time. Why would someone who isn't a fan of the team subject themselves to that. Hell, there are people on the Cardinals board that wouldn't step foot on this one. lol

I think it makes little sense, personally, that he's posting on this board at this point in time. Some here might take it as rubbing it in our faces, considering the history.

I can see that but given he was here at other times including during and after our last playoff series against them I don't take him that way. My point though is that many sites welcome visitors and it's not unreasonable for someone to assume we fall into that group. I'm sure that now that several of you have made it clear to him that we only appreciate comments from actual Suns fans that we won't see much of him in the future. I just don't know why we feel that way. It's not like our board is so busy that we can't afford an alien perspective every now and then.

Steve

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Thinking back, I have found Manu's posts to be impersonal and objective, considering he is a Spurs fan.

I wish some of our posters on the Suns and D'backs boards would stick to the issues as well as he.

And because I am partial to teams from the West, and don't like the Heat trying to buy their way into a dynasty (any more than the Yankees and, now, the Dodgers), good luck in the Finals, Manu. I'll take the Spurs over the Heat.

Unfortunately, I think LBJ and his gang have been toying with you. When they need to turn it up, they will.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score

Who cares? His posts are fine. Quite frankly, I prefer his commentary to that of many regular posters here who are Suns fan. Good Lord, if he wants to post here, let the man post here without giving him any crap. He is not trolling, he is not being disruptive in any way. I hope he sticks around and posts more.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who cares? His posts are fine. Quite frankly, I prefer his commentary to that of many regular posters here who are Suns fan. Good Lord, if he wants to post here, let the man post here without giving him any crap. He is not trolling, he is not being disruptive in any way. I hope he sticks around and posts more.

i was drunk when i typed that.

sorry Manu. my bad!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
another baffling performance by LeBron in the first half so far of a huge game.

and what happened to the Heat vaunted D. These guys are getting WIDE open 3's and good looks inside.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
spoke too soon as LeBron finally came to life late in the 2nd.