NBA Off Season Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m2 minutes ago

I hope the Suns have not been caught with their pants down and have other options lined up.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 29s30 seconds ago
ESPN sources say that the Lakers and Pacers are actively discussing a trade where L.A. would take Roy Hibbert into salary-cap space

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
On to the next steps:

Possible options for starting PF/Rotation player:
Taj Gibson
Amare
David West
Brandon Bass
Josh Smith
David Lee
Enes Kantar (Never mind 15m is way to high)
Kevin Garnett

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On to the next steps:

Taj Gibson
Amare
David West
Brandon Bass
Josh Smith
David Lee
Kevin Garnett

Garnett is not going anywhere
Kanter is a rfa
Who is Brandon Bass?

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Lakers are getting Hibbert in a salary dump by the Pacers.

Errntknght

Reaction score
Now is a good time to be alert to guys that seem not to be particularly valued by their teams as measured by playing time, but still can contribute in some way. The first one that comes to mind is Festus Ezeli of GSW but I imagine they noticed that he did well in his time in the playoffs so he wouldn't be easy to steal but still they have bigger fish to fry, like Green, so they might let him go if we could help them in some way. Something like taking Lee off their hands on the condition that Ezieli comes as well. Or facilitate some three way trade where Festus comes to us.

Takik Black is another one I'd be interested in checking out thoroughly now that Ed Davis is off the market. Rebounding is the main thing I'm focusing on and he's very good. I'm also looking for offensive efficiency and Black is near the top of that list, too. (My theory is that if the guy is a big time scorer there's no way he's overlooked but offensive efficiency is a key indicator of team success - and its basically the PT weighted average of the team's players, yet teams don't seem to pay a lot of attention to it. I'll bet most of you would be surprised to learn that Tyson Chandler every year is among the top rated players in offensive efficiency and has rated #1 several years.)

You will probably be less surprised to learn that Phoenix was dead last in the west last season in team offensive efficiency, falling off greatly toward the end to snatch the dubious distinction from Minny and LAL. Though I'm sure you'll be somewhat surprised that our defense was actually a bit above average.

Anyway, on to the list of guys we should be looking at - all PF's or C's as I'm keying on rebounding with offensive efficiency no worse than average.
Festus Ezeli GSW 11.1 reb/36
Takik Black LAL 11.1
Aldemir Furkan Philly 11.7
Jeff Adrien (out of NBA) 12.9
Thomas Robinson Phi 13.7
Mitch McGary Okc 12.2
Joel Freeland Por 11.1
Noah Vonleh Cha 12.0 (offensive efficiency below average but he's very young)
Jeff Ayers SA 10.9
Jerome Jordan Bkn 9.9 (high Off Eff and shoots FTs at .864%, gets to line quite well)
Jeff Withey 8.9 (high Off. Eff. and gets to FT line a lot...)

There are few guys that might be considered for their 3pt shooting.
Mike Muscala Atl .409 %
Josh McRoberts Mia .421 %
Noah Vonleh Cha .385%
Justin Hamilton Min .323% (young and shoots FT at .850% so he could well improve)

Last edited:
OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On to the next steps:

Taj Gibson
Amare
David West
Brandon Bass
Josh Smith
David Lee
Kevin Garnett

Gibson is as good as gone. I think we want a legitimate backup PG and or SG. Hell, I would love to see Bledsoe and Rose start together. How about Bledsoe for Gibson, McBuckets, Snell and Sacramento's 1st rounder?

Last edited:

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Last edited:

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well, the Trailblazers have imploded. Aldridge, Batum, Matthews, Lopez, Affalo all gone, and now they fire an assistant http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...t-coach-kim-hughes-lamarcus-aldridge-comments

They were a 51 win four seed this year. Hopefully this all means they drop out and we pass them next year. Heck, I am wondering if they will even field a team at this rate

Added 3 unproven bigs with potential and RHJ from UA. Lillard is going to have to carry this team, he just got a max extension let's see how he handles the pressure.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
RHJ is on the Nets not Blazers.

Passing them is meaningless though. OKC is better than us, Utah maybe.

In the West, it is a big deal. Every spot is a fight. If someone drops out of the top 8, that's a huge help.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
In the West, it is a big deal. Every spot is a fight. If someone drops out of the top 8, that's a huge help.

Problem is, if/when someone drops out (Blazers, most likely), OKC gets back in, which makes leapfrogging anyone virtually impossible. Getting LMA would've helped in that department. Now, we're picking 12-14 again next season.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Problem is, if/when someone drops out (Blazers, most likely), OKC gets back in, which makes leapfrogging anyone virtually impossible. Getting LMA would've helped in that department. Now, we're picking 12-14 again next season.

Fair point. There are still questions marks for us, but I think we will be significantly better than last year. So will OKC. But the Blazers' woes moves everyone up a notch, so I will take it.

It will be interesting to see how the Clips adjust to not having Jordan. They could take a slight step back. One would expect the Spurs to be better, as well as New Orleans. So it is going to be a dogfight once again.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not read to throw the towel in on this being a playoff team. If Bledsoe and Knight mesh then we'll be really good, and FA isn't over and they have ammo for a trade still.

If they win 50+ games they'll make it.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cleveland looking at joe johnson.

i don't get how they can do all this and still sign Lebron. They don't have his bird rights.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cleveland looking at joe johnson.

i don't get how they can do all this and still sign Lebron. They don't have his bird rights.

They can still sign LeBron first, then sign the other contracts (for which they do have Bird Rights).

But wouldn't that be fun. All the FA's are signed, and then someone in the CAVs organization realizes, "Doh!" that they don't have Bird Rights for LeBron.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They can still sign LeBron first, then sign the other contracts (for which they do have Bird Rights).

But wouldn't that be fun. All the FA's are signed, and then someone in the CAVs organization realizes, "Doh!" that they don't have Bird Rights for LeBron.

I think Cleveland must be using voodoo. I guess they are using Brendan Haywood's contract ($10.5 million) to help make the proposed trade but Joe Johnson will make $24,894,863 this coming season.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Give credit to Dan Gilbert, he's gonna set a record for the luxury tax that he will pay this next season. All for keeping LBJ happy which is understandable considering the amount of ticket sales and revenue that LBJ brings.

Still, push come to serve had LeBron signed with us last season, I'm not sure Sarver would have been as willing to pay the kind of luxury tax that Dan Gilbert has prepared himself to pay despite the obvious increase in revenue LBJ would bring to Phoenix. And before someone tries to tell me "Oh but Sarver played luxury tax during those Nash years!!", yes I know that. And no I'm not calling him "cheap" by saying he won't set luxury tax records to keep LBJ happy like Gilbert, I'm just saying in my opinion, I don't think he would do that.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryderckarm