NBA Off Season Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was considered a top prospect coming out of highschool but struggled greatly in college and wound up getting benched. His one year in college just demonstrated to everyone how raw his game was but he was also poorly suited for the college game.

Similar to what happened with Drummond.

It shows there are always sleepers in the draft no matter how good the scouting.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Could Mavs owner Cuban pull off getting LMA with Jordan now at center. Where are the Mavs per the salary cap?? Never count out Cuban.

Who comes off the bench between Aldridge/Jordan/Nowitzki? My guess is that the Mavericks snapped up Jordan because Aldridge told them that he's off their list.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Mavericks are apparently filling up their roster with the signing of FA Richard Jefferson. However, it's only the veteran minimum.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Corey Brewer agrees to a 3 year, 24 million deal with Rockets.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Corey Brewer agrees to a 3 year, 24 million deal with Rockets.

Insane money getting thrown around. I don't think anyone can claim we have some negative contracts on this team anymore.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Insane money getting thrown around. I don't think anyone can claim we have some negative contracts on this team anymore.

The Suns are lean and mean. I hope this starts to show up with player signings.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Rockets still keep flexibility in LaMarcus Aldridge pursuit, via S-and-T scenarios. Houston hopes Brewer deal strengthens case w/ Aldridge.

Yahoo Sources: Corey Brewer, Houston agree on $24M deal. http://yhoo.it/1f9lGpA

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That seems like a very reasonable contract for Beverly. Almost too reasonable.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Rondo deal is 1 year, 10 million.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who comes off the bench between Aldridge/Jordan/Nowitzki? My guess is that the Mavericks snapped up Jordan because Aldridge told them that he's off their list.

I'm not familiar with the Maverick's cap situation, but I would have to think that signing Jordan and Matthews takes them out of the Aldridge race.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again, I'm just can't wait to see George Karl, DeMarcus Cousins and Rajon Rondo together.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I mentioned it earlier. That is almost too reasonable for Beverley. I think the 4th year is a team option. So it is 3 years at 18 million guaranteed. That's cheap.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ronin, tell me if you think Beverley is worth more than his contract. I really like his defense. There have been so many double posts. Who cares.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ronin, tell me if you think Beverley is worth more than his contract. I really like his defense. There have been so many double posts. Who cares.

I believe Beverly got a decent contract for a player that should be coming off the bench. I love his defense but I'm not sold on him being a starter.imo

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe Beverly got a decent contract for a player that should be coming off the bench. I love his defense but I'm not sold on him being a starter.imo

Fair enough. Maybe I overvalue him. His shooting is not the best but I like his defense.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
+1

His defense is a bit overrated but he's definitely a pest. I don't consider him a lock down defender, bad shooter too.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Derrick Williams got 10m from the Knicks. Dude can't play a lick of NBA ball but he'll have made over $30m in six seasons pre-taxes. Good for him.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Derrick Williams got 10m from the Knicks. Dude can't play a lick of NBA ball but he'll have made over $30m in six seasons pre-taxes. Good for him.
Five million dollars a year gross for six years for being incompetent at his job.

How did this happen? It's obscene.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Five million dollars a year gross for six years for being incompetent at his job.

How did this happen? It's obscene.

There have been lots of obscene things happening with the increased salary cap. It's making teams desperate to spend their money.

FutureSuperstar

Veteran
Reaction score
It's curious to me that some guys (Brandon Bass, Gerald Green) have not been talked about at all the last couple days. I think these type of players must be waiting on Aldridge's decision (or at least a few of them). I said before that West would be a good target if Aldridge goes to the Spurs, but thinking about it - Bass is basically just like West and may even cost a bit less.

I'm biased towards Bass because I've been a Mavs fan the past decade and he was one of my favorite guys from 2007-2009 when he was there, but he's a real high character guy, consistent, is money from mid-range, and is still only 30. He would also be more accepting of playing 20 mpg I would assume than D-West. A PF rotation of Markieff, Bass, Leur, and maybe Len/Chandler playing together sounds good to me if Aldridge goes to SAS :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryderckarm