NBA Off Season Thread

Errntknght

Reaction score
Although the Suns have Leuer, I would feel more comfortable having more PF depth.

Maybe it will be a player like Patric Young who won't cost much.

I would have liked having Ed Davis even with Chandler on board but I would fine with Patric Young or Biyombo. I'd lean towards Biyombo because he is the better rebounder of the two.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have liked having Ed Davis even with Chandler on board but I would fine with Patric Young or Biyombo. I'd lean towards Biyombo because he is the better rebounder of the two.

I think Ed Davis would have been a solid player for the Suns for 3 years, 20 million. However, the Suns had their hands tied going after Aldridge. Patric Young or Biyombo are developmental guys if the Suns have the room and the patience. I guess Jordon Hill will be out of the Suns price range.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think Ed Davis would have been a solid player for the Suns for 3 years, 20 million. However, the Suns had their hands tied going after Aldridge. Patric Young or Biyombo are developmental guys if the Suns have the room and the patience. I guess Jordon Hill will be out of the Suns price range.

I'd selfishly like LMA to hurry and make a decision so we can look at other guys if he doesn't pick us.

drk3351

Rookie
Reaction score
So best case scenario now, trade PJ Tucker in a salary dump if Aldridge chooses us? Keep Markeiff and roll with TJ Warren at the 3? Would be a weak bench in terms of the back court but front court bench would be strong.

If we trade Markieff on such a good contract or Len we better get something great in return besides cap space. Those are two of our bigger assets.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd selfishly like LMA to hurry and make a decision so we can look at other guys if he doesn't pick us.

Teams contending for his services cannot move on. I hope he makes a decision soon.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 13m13 minutes ago
Wes Matthews has agreed in principle with the Mavericks on a four-year deal, per source. Turned down huge offer from Sacramento.

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 2h2 hours ago
Wes Matthews's agent should get a crate of Domaine Leroy from his client if he's got $16M/yr on the table coming off an Achilles' tear.

With this news and Robin Lopez rumored to be getting $13 million per year from the Knicks, the league has officially gone INSANE

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
The crappy thing is we actually have a solid chance and a team put together for now and the future if he chooses us. Ugh!!!

Looks like Lee and Lopez will be going to NY and Jordan ending back up at Clips. The Clips have put a solid team together adding Stevenson and Pierce.

Bucks also did well, they have Vets and tons of young talent.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 13m13 minutes ago
Wes Matthews has agreed in principle with the Mavericks on a four-year deal, per source. Turned down huge offer from Sacramento.

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 2h2 hours ago
Wes Matthews's agent should get a crate of Domaine Leroy from his client if he's got $16M/yr on the table coming off an Achilles' tear.

With this news and Robin Lopez rumored to be getting $13 million per year from the Knicks, the league has officially gone INSANE

Like kids with money at a candy store.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Robin gets 54 million from the Knicks. I think it is a fair deal considering the market.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 26s26 seconds ago

The Knicks are finalizing a four-year, $54 million agreement with free agent center Robin Lopez, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
ESPN sources say DeAndre Jordan is on verge of accepting Mavs' four-year, $80M+ max offer. Dallas firmly in lead and decision likely today

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ESPN sources say DeAndre Jordan is on verge of accepting Mavs' four-year, $80M+ max offer. Dallas firmly in lead and decision likely today

Does Aldridge follow?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

wow... that's a DISASTER for the Clippers if it happens.

We get LA, we're the easy favorites to win the Pacific, IMO and that could be used as another selling point to get him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just thinking, how did DeAndre Jordan fall to #35 in the 2008 NBA Draft? However, the Suns didn't do too shabby by drafting Robin Lopez and Goran Dragic #45 via SA.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just thinking, how did DeAndre Jordan fall to #35 in the 2008 NBA Draft? However, the Suns didn't do too shabby by drafting Robin Lopez and Goran Dragic #45 via SA.

He was considered a top prospect coming out of highschool but struggled greatly in college and wound up getting benched. His one year in college just demonstrated to everyone how raw his game was but he was also poorly suited for the college game.

Similar to what happened with Drummond.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Could Mavs owner Cuban pull off getting LMA with Jordan now at center. Where are the Mavs per the salary cap?? Never count out Cuban.

They have no realistic way of offering LMA the Max now that they've maxed Jordan. So unless LMA is taking less than the max the Mavs are not a threat. The Rockets are more of a threat but I haven't heard much about them since the Suns meeting.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
They have no realistic way of offering LMA the Max now that they've maxed Jordan. So unless LMA is taking less than the max the Mavs are not a threat. The Rockets are more of a threat but I haven't heard much about them since the Suns meeting.

Houston and Dallas are completely out of cap room. The only way that they can get LMA is a sign and trade

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so, Dallas signed Jordan and Matthews? Well, if they were COMPLETELY healthy, that could be an okay squad, but Matthews coming off an Achilles and Parsons coming off knee surgery (that I thought I read was micro-fracture) I don't know how good that team is going to be.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could Mavs owner Cuban pull off getting LMA with Jordan now at center. Where are the Mavs per the salary cap?? Never count out Cuban.

I never underestimate Mark Cuban.