New York Giants @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 09/10/23-09/16/23

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Giants fans usually travel well, but with their next game being in San Francisco I imagine most of them are waiting for that game.

Yeah. It usually just comes down to how many people here are fans and willing to cough up some ducats for the once-every-five-years opportunity to see the team.

I know it was probably and NFL mandate, but Michael & Co. really stepped in it by going to all-digital tickets. Make it harder for people to move tickets even for free (and it's a pain), and fewer people are going to go to the trouble. Hope that SeatGeek partnership is worth it for 7% fewer (or whatever) bottoms in the seats.

I see this as probably one of the last best chances for the Cardinals to get a win.

I think this game all comes down to who dominates in the trenches. I like the Cardinals OL vs the Giants DL better in this matchup compared to what they faced last week in Washington. I think it comes down the Giants OL vs the Cardinals DL. If the Cardinals noname DL can have another solid game this week, then I think there is a chance that the Cardinals can win this one.

I agree with this. This could honestly be a race to 20 points. The Giants easily win the talent competition in the backfield, but it's pretty even elsewhere. If coaching matters, Big Blue probably walks away with this one.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Yeah. It usually just comes down to how many people here are fans and willing to cough up some ducats for the once-every-five-years opportunity to see the team.

I know it was probably and NFL mandate, but Michael & Co. really stepped in it by going to all-digital tickets. Make it harder for people to move tickets even for free (and it's a pain), and fewer people are going to go to the trouble. Hope that SeatGeek partnership is worth it for 7% fewer (or whatever) bottoms in the seats.

I agree with this. This could honestly be a race to 20 points. The Giants easily win the talent competition in the backfield, but it's pretty even elsewhere. If coaching matters, Big Blue probably walks away with this one.
Honestly, I think the all digital thing is just an excuse. Here we've been all digital for sports and events for a few years...even high school events...and none of them use the same apps/websites (SeatGeek, StubHub, GoFan, Ticketmaster), but it hasn't been a big deal at all. Transferring tickets is super easy. I think in the last 5 years the only actual tickets I've ever received was for Angels games and that was due to ordering in bulk for a large group fundraiser. Think of how many hundreds of thousands of electronic tickets just exchanged hands/phones with the Taylor Swift and Beyonce tours.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is how I felt last week, but it was 23 points. Somehow 20 points might be a miracle for either team.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I think the all digital thing is just an excuse. Here we've been all digital for sports and events for a few years...even high school events...and none of them use the same apps/websites (SeatGeek, StubHub, GoFan, Ticketmaster), but it hasn't been a big deal at all. Transferring tickets is super easy. I think in the last 5 years the only actual tickets I've ever received was for Angels games and that was due to ordering in bulk for a large group fundraiser. Think of how many hundreds of thousands of electronic tickets just exchanged hands/phones with the Taylor Swift and Beyonce tours.
100%. It is all about money.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Maybe, but we're all sports sickos. Imagine if you're my 73 year-old dad trying to transfer tickets to a neighbor who's never gone to a Cardinals game. How many steps is that guy gonna walk through to accept free tickets to watch Josh Dobbs?

People who are super-motivated to see Beyonce will do whatever it takes. Obviously. But the Cards are going to have to wrap in some exceptionally casual fans to watch some (probably) extremely bad football. Maybe it becomes a habit eventually, but yeesh.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
I think the Giants are going to soon regret paying Jones that massive contract. He isn't very good imo.

Granted, he is miles better than Dobbs, so Giants certainly have the advantage. I'm somewhat wondering why we didn't just keep Blough and send him out there if the rookie isn't ready. Would have saved a 5th and produced the same results.(heck Blough may be even a very minimal upgrade over Dobbs)

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
He's going to be disappointed that half the season ticket holders sold out to Giants fans then.
True. I know season ticket holders who said they were not renewing but they did and are selling their tickets to each game. That way they can keep their seniority and seats.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think the Giants are going to soon regret paying Jones that massive contract. He isn't very good imo.

Granted, he is miles better than Dobbs, so Giants certainly have the advantage. I'm somewhat wondering why we didn't just keep Blough and send him out there if the rookie isn't ready. Would have saved a 5th and produced the same results.(heck Blough may be even a very minimal upgrade over Dobbs)
Jones' contract is essentially a two-year deal with team options in each of the next two. It's a great contract for them. It's already the #10 QB contract in the NFL by APY.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22