New York Giants @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 09/10/23-09/16/23

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree with the latter. If you mean compete within games, I agree. If you mean compete for the playoffs, then no. I can't go there with this roster.

Edit: But also, if we had a healthy Kyler in the offseason, maybe Monti approaches the roster building differently. That would have been the only way to compete for the playoffs.

I think there's other things in play when talking about the playoffs. A lot of mediocre teams scrape in depending on their division.

I agree this isn't any kind of contender but with a healthy Kyler they have an outside shot at scraping in.

So much comes down to QB play, they are force multipliers, or force decimators. Look at Stafford on Sunday. That Rams roster sucks, Seahawks roster is far better. But Geno was poor and Stafford was awesome. The Cards 2021 team wasn't great, I'm not even convinced it's better than this team. Yeah it had some names like Chandler but he sucked that year.

Put 2021 early form Kyler on this current team I wouldn't be surprised if we won a bunch of games.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
I think I agree Krang, but I'm also a little concerned about the other side of the battery.

Who is our possession receiver? Ertz?

And I certainly haven't given up on Wilson, but he was a little underwhelming in week one.

I could be wrong, but our pass-catching corp looks pretty shaky to me.
Eh I don't think he can be properly evaluated based on how bad the QB play was.

Wilson really popped as a blocker, but you could see his technique breakdown on that one PBU by Forbes.

*corps :BIM:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I think I've finally figured out that Gannon is basically the defensive version of Mike McDaniel...A little nerdy and naive to how others perceive his personality and he doesn't give 2 f's about it.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think I've finally figured out that Gannon is basically the defensive version of Mike McDaniel...A little nerdy and naive to how others perceive his personality and he doesn't give 2 f's about it.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I really like gannon even if cards suck hard enough to get top 3 pick he shouldnt be fired

Let gannon build his own team through draft fa few seasons and pray to the nfl gods cards actually made a smart decision

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I’m wondering about that too. I put it into a little parlay with Dallas moneyline and couldn’t pull the trigger. We’ll see when the sharp money comes in Sunday morning.

Maybe get a subscription to one of the better services that give their clients picks.

People who try to pick their own games usually get murdered.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Time will tell. There’s a non-zero chance this team ends up 0-17. If all of those games are decided by 10 points or less, no one will remember the fight in these dawgs.

Giants fans usually travel well, but with their next game being in San Francisco I imagine most of them are waiting for that game.
With FB in Az and SF, and a side trip to Vegas, sounds pretty nice.
Not me. I have a system.
K9, thanks for a laugh.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22