New York Giants @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 09/10/23-09/16/23

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
This is such an icy cold take. OF COURSE THEY'RE NOT. Most of them will be out of the NFL this time next year.

They were just put in a position by their bosses to be the worst team in the NFL in 2023 by no small margin. Maybe they'll be associated with one of the worst teams of all time.

Play hard.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is such an icy cold take. OF COURSE THEY'RE NOT. Most of them will be out of the NFL this time next year.

They were just put in a position by their bosses to be the worst team in the NFL in 2023 by no small margin. Maybe they'll be associated with one of the worst teams of all time.

Play hard.
These are the articles written when there’s really not much to talk about in the upcoming matchup.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Honestly, I think the all digital thing is just an excuse. Here we've been all digital for sports and events for a few years...even high school events...and none of them use the same apps/websites (SeatGeek, StubHub, GoFan, Ticketmaster), but it hasn't been a big deal at all. Transferring tickets is super easy. I think in the last 5 years the only actual tickets I've ever received was for Angels games and that was due to ordering in bulk for a large group fundraiser. Think of how many hundreds of thousands of electronic tickets just exchanged hands/phones with the Taylor Swift and Beyonce tours.
But when you are looking for a scalper outside the stadium twenty minutes before kickoff...how do you know the code he scans into your phone is valid or hasn't already been used?

tennis-player

Veteran
Reaction score
But when you are looking for a scalper outside the stadium twenty minutes before kickoff...how do you know the code he scans into your phone is valid or hasn't already been used?
That is not how it works. Digital tickets are transferred via the Seatgeek App. Seatgeek cannot transfer that digital ticket unless it is valid, and two Apps cannot have that same digital code.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Play hard.

It's not remotely one of the worst teams of all time. Not even one of the worse Cardinals teams never mind league. Playing with a backup QB doesn;t help, but when Kyler is back, no chance.

Nobody said 2018 Cards were tanking. That team was way worse. Also opened with Washington at home and got whooped 24-6 by a team that finished 7-9.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We were Zach Ertz fingertips away from scoring 24 on Sunday. I don't see it being a frequent occurrence though.

But thats the rub, isnt it? Ertz was WIDE open. A moderately well thown ball there is a gimme TD. Thats on Dobbs. Painful watching him in that game. Heres hoping we see that marked improvement he's expecting of himself...

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It's not remotely one of the worst teams of all time. Not even one of the worse Cardinals teams never mind league. Playing with a backup QB doesn;t help, but when Kyler is back, no chance.

Nobody said 2018 Cards were tanking. That team was way worse. Also opened with Washington at home and got whooped 24-6 by a team that finished 7-9.
Time will tell. There’s a non-zero chance this team ends up 0-17. If all of those games are decided by 10 points or less, no one will remember the fight in these dawgs.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score

It's just recency bias to claim this is the worst AZ Cardinals team ever. I've seen several that were worse. Granted it's only week two, so that could change either way.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Yeah, I have to agree here. We are awful, without question, but I also remember flip-flopping Fred Wakefield.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I think if you have a healthy Kyler, this team can at least compete. With healthy Kyler, they easily beat Washington last week.
I agree with the latter. If you mean compete within games, I agree. If you mean compete for the playoffs, then no. I can't go there with this roster.

Edit: But also, if we had a healthy Kyler in the offseason, maybe Monti approaches the roster building differently. That would have been the only way to compete for the playoffs.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I think if you have a healthy Kyler, this team can at least compete. With healthy Kyler, they easily beat Washington last week.

I think I agree Krang, but I'm also a little concerned about the other side of the battery.

Who is our possession receiver? Ertz?

And I certainly haven't given up on Wilson, but he was a little underwhelming in week one.

I could be wrong, but our pass-catching corp looks pretty shaky to me.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think I agree Krang, but I'm also a little concerned about the other side of the battery.

Who is our possession receiver? Ertz?

And I certainly haven't given up on Wilson, but he was a little underwhelming in week one.

I could be wrong, but our pass-catching corp looks pretty shaky to me.
Ertz
Hollywood
Conner

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
I agree with the latter. If you mean compete within games, I agree. If you mean compete for the playoffs, then no. I can't go there with this roster.

Edit: But also, if we had a healthy Kyler in the offseason, maybe Monti approaches the roster building differently. That would have been the only way to compete for the playoffs.
No not a playoff spot, but would probably win 6-8 games.

I agree a healthy Kyler likely drastically changes the teams approach.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22