Niners at Cardinals gameday thread 12-17-23

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You gonna keep listing players with good stats this year? Stroud is an anomaly. He was a projected bust this year and has been nothing but spectacular. How about we compare Kyler to Kyler what he was last year. New system and has played 5 games this year. At the end of the year we can take his 8 game stretch and compare it to an 8 game stretch of someone else’s if you’d like. Today his offense has scored 22 points against one of the best, if not the best defense in the league. The pick 6 is a big negative today, but his defense isn’t doing any favors giving up 35 points.
We’ve scored 22 points because we were able to run the ball down their throats. We didn’t score any more because Kyler wasn’t good enough to do so.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Shows the change in culture, which this season was largely about. Now its about adding talent that goes along with that.

This offseason is key. We have a lot of cap room and pieces in the draft. Then we'll really see the direction this fo and staff are going for
I honestly didn’t see the team last year quit. We certainly didn’t see as many catastrophes as we’ll see this year.

But if you just have to re-install that culture again next year, or hope it holds through another 11-loss campaign… what exactly is the point?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shoulda traded him when he wanted out. This is the result of paying a player more who doesn’t want to be here. Mailing it in.
I don't understand Monti with a lot of decisions. You keep and extend Budda, but let Hopkins, basically pulling the same stuff, go for nothing. Wallace is our best rated player in coverage and is released with NO explanation.

I could go on..

urs

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We’ve scored 22 points because we were able to run the ball down their throats. We didn’t score any more because Kyler wasn’t good enough to do so.
You don't think Kyler has anything to do with those 22? You think we're running against stacked boxes because they don't have to respect Kyler's passing/running?

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I don't understand Monti with a lot of decisions. You keep and extend Budda, but let Hopkins, basically pulling the same stuff, go for nothing. Wallace is our best rated player in coverage and is released with NO explanation.

I could go on..
Hopkins was worth nothing today. If he catches two easy passes, Tennessee likely wins

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We have a jv roster going against a superbowl contender. What did you expect?
JV roster or not, showing no defensive improvement against a divisional opponent in week 16 is a red flag.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why do we always seem to have more opposing fans in the stadium then our own
I love it. It's a sign we still don't deserve crap yet. MB and this org need to build that respect first. Build a consistent winner and you won't have this problem. Imo