Notice how the market for Holliday is pretty much nonexistent?

Ed B

The Matt Joyce of Posting
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Red flags, people. Red flags.

I have the horrible feeling that the Cards are going to lose out on Colvin, Jackson, etc and throw $30 million or some obscene figure at Holliday even though the entire league is backing away from him just to say "We signed someone".

All along I've been saying that Holliday is an average at best player who's frequently hurt and thinks he deserves superstar money. Looks like the rest of the league agrees he's not worth whatever he's asking for.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I disagree ED B.

I think the lack of visits is that teams know there are about 11 good dl in the first round of the draft. That and let the market slow down. He'll get offers. But it isn't a need for many teams since they can upgrade their dline in the draft.

Back to holliday
His injury proneness is unquestioned. He has had many injuries.

But his potential hasn't been realized yet. Yes he's had about 6 years to realize it, and hasn't, but he still has played well, not excellent, but well. When I watch him play, I can tell he is a player that has his best years ahead of him. Basically I can see his talent. How can I quantify it? I don't know, but I've seen something in his play the past 5-6 years.

He has developed into a good to great run blocker and an average pass rusher, with some sparkle at times. (Note: He was drafted more as a pass rusher)

He's versatile de and dt. He makes an impact when he is in there. I've watched him for years, and he is a pretty good player. He's the type I want lined up next to W.Bryant. We could switch them up at the line, so one can play de one play, the other one the next.

He was seeking 3 mill a year from packers, and didn't get it. So, if that is his relative price range, its not too steep for me.

Unless he has an Eric Swann career threatening injury, I say pick him up. He seemed to have a fairly good attitude as well. Just my opinion.

OP
OP
E

Ed B

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by CardsFan88
He was seeking 3 mill a year from packers, and didn't get it. So, if that is his relative price range, its not too steep for me.

I agree with everything but this statement. It is not accurate. The Packers offered him 5 years, $24 million with a $5 million bonus and he turned it down according to the media in Green Bay.

He is seeking a whole lot more than $3 million. I agree that he is worth $3 million. If his price comes down to that, I'd take him in a heartbeat. But he entered free agency seeking $5 or $6 million per.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ed B
I agree with everything but this statement. It is not accurate. The Packers offered him 5 years, $24 million with a $5 million bonus and he turned it down according to the media in Green Bay.

He is seeking a whole lot more than $3 million. I agree that he is worth $3 million. If his price comes down to that, I'd take him in a heartbeat. But he entered free agency seeking $5 or $6 million per.

Beat me to it. Also, that offer was made last offseason (if I recall correctly), he turned it down then showed up late to camp in protest of not getting a contract extension from the Packers. The Packers were displeased by that attitude/stance thus they never made another serious run at him again.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Holliday is waiting to see where other FAs sign. I think he is waiting to see if we land Colvin. Him alone on our d line would not be enough. He needs a monster on the end to put pressure on the qb.

JMO my own conspiracy theory

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Okay, my bad. I must have read wrong info. Thanx for the correct...

Personally I'd go as high as 4-4.35 a year. I don't think he is worth 5 or 6.

OP
OP
E

Ed B

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Well, considering that Brad frickin' Scioli just got $4 million a year........

God I hate it when these idiotic owners give huge contracts to totally average players. It drives the price of <b>real</b> talent through the roof.

Arvos

Veteran
Reaction score
Vonnie.

My a die-hard Lions fan and I watch Holliday twice a year. In my opinion he is a stud and I am absolutly floored that he is not the "prize catch" of free agency. He can play both inside and outside, good at the point of attack and can rush the passer. He had a like a 5 sack game last year. Ever watch the Falcons play the Packers, he was always chasing after Vick. This guy is a player, I have no idea why no one is offering him big money.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22