Official 2008 NFL Draft Thread

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
DRC shouldn't surprise anyone. Urban and Somers both had him as the Cards pick.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Our defensive back field will be solid now

Maybe in 2 years when he gets used to the huge step up in level of competition and he has a couple years of Lotts offseason conditioning program in him and he has his weight up over 205 or so.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now let's fix the offensive backfield.....
Patience grasshoppa. Now our only REAL area of need is filled. Take BPA, don't reach for a guy like Rice if Merling or Groves is waiting for us. The RB situation is not desperate.

JHMO

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
The Cards probably got the best athlete in the draft so that's a good thing.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
# 19 - Carolina Panthers
via Philadelphia

Jeff Otah

OT | (6'6", 322, 5.56) | PITTSBURGH
Scouts Grade: 93

Flags: (S: SPEED) Player lacks ideal speed at position

View by: Round | Player | NCAA School | Position | NFL Team | Flag
You must be registered for see images attach
| All Ranked Players
You must be registered for see images attach
| NFL Draft History
You are signed into Insider
You must be registered for see images
and have access to the exclusive draft content below.
Strengths: Is a massive, mauling right tackle type. Has a huge frame with very long arms (35.3 inches). Not a great athlete but does play with good balance. He has a massive base. Will get low and uproot DL. Does an excellent job of anchoring versus the bull rush. Shows very good overall strength. Rarely loses a battle once he is locked on. Will drive his legs and create a new line of scrimmage as a run blocker. Still learning technique but is intelligent and continues to improve with more experience and coaching.

Weaknesses: Below average athlete. The more space he's in the less effective he becomes. Lacks ideal initial quickness out of his stance and struggles to get set in time versus speed edge rushers. Struggles to reach the second level as a run blocker. Will have trouble hitting moving targets in space. Hands are smaller than ideal (9.2 inches).

Overall: Otah was born in Nigeria, came to the United States when he was seven years old and did not play organized football until his senior season of high school. He attended Valley Forge (Pa.) Military College in his first two years out of high school (2004-'05), making 17 consecutive starts at left tackle. He also averaged nearly 19 points and 12 rebounds for the Valley Forge basketball team. Otah transferred to Pitt in 2006 and made an immediate impact, starting all 24 games of his junior and senior seasons with the Panthers. He was an All-Big East first team selection in 2007. The Nigerian-born Otah lacks ideal playing experience and is still unpolished. While he is not a great athlete, he is not as slow as his combine workout numbers might indicate, as he participated despite an ankle injury. Otah is a massive mauler with the size, power and short-area quickness to develop into a good starting right tackle in the NFL, which is why we grade him as a mid-to-late first round prospect.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Patience grasshoppa. Now our only REAL area of need is filled. Take BPA, don't reach for a guy like Rice if Merling or Groves is waiting for us. The RB situation is not desperate.

JHMO

I completely agree. I would be comfortable going into the season with the same RBs from last year minus Shipp.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
eh. I'd rather have had a bunch of other players. I think he's going to be broken in half the first time he tries to tackle Stephen Jackson. "Up to 182 pounds?" Holy crap. Dude is too small, IMO.

This is my take as well. Being this light and having only one kidney can't help but be a concern... at least for me.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Maybe trade into the #21 with Washington? Or call TB right now? I like either, as long as it's before Dallas........

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
A few "experts" believed he was the #1 RB. Sounds like a good trade to me.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05