Official 2008 NFL Draft Thread

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Booty was a very good pick for Minny.

Jackson is probably the worst starting QB in the league.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tRyuegVJiUQ&feature=related

Overview
Omon led NCAA Division II with 2,337 rushing yards (6.3 per attempt) and a whopping 37 touchdowns in 2007, in the process becoming the first back in NCAA history to run for more than 1,500 yards in four different seasons. He's not likely to wow anyone with his straight-line speed, but defenders know how tough he is to bring down.

Analysis
Positives: Strong, durable runner (1,000+ carries from 2005-07) with more than adequate size. ... Keeps his feet moving in traffic, maintains low pad level to break through arm tackles. ... One-cut back who can plant and drive up the field. ... Once he's in the seam, he has a slight burst into the open. ... Strong running between the tackles and can also stiff-arm a defender to take the ball outside. ... Can spin off a defender and maintain balance to get additional yardage.

Negatives: Does not possess breakaway speed, but is more than a move-the-chains runner. ... Has been a somewhat productive receiver (90 receptions in four years) and can bring in the ball smoothly, but he fights the ball at times, creating hesitation that will give NFL defenders the advantage in space. ... Willing to block but needs to improve pass protection skills, keeping his feet and getting into the defender's pads. ... Ball security is an issue as well.

Here's a nice break down of his game too...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Jn9_Y1KANpg&feature=related

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
To the Bronco's. Now thats a deep keeper league pick.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Or Erin Henderson. What is up with that guy still being on the board????

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
what dont you like about him cbus?
I just think he's more hype than anything. The NFL is full of tough guys so i don't think he's going to be a factor. What's he known for? Breaking facemasks. I would rather a better athlete. I could be way off here. It seems like i'm the only one who doesn't like him.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
At least we all seem to agree to stay away from Mike Hart.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
I just think he's more hype than anything. The NFL is full of tough guys so i don't think he's going to be a factor. What's he known for? Breaking facemasks. I would rather a better athlete. I could be way off here. It seems like i'm the only one who doesn't like him.

from what ive seen he's a super tough guy, yes. plus he plays with so much desire and heart. and i think you can hand it off to him and he can make a play, he could be a good goal line runner.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I just think he's more hype than anything. The NFL is full of tough guys so i don't think he's going to be a factor. What's he known for? Breaking facemasks. I would rather a better athlete.

I somewhat agree. Where I think he makes an instant difference is in the way he practices, and the passion he has for winning and working hard.

There is something immeasurable about him. He works hard, practices harder, and then plays like an axe murderer.

He catches the ball well out of the backfield, blocks at a high level, can run the rock when it's needed, and bleeds the colors of the team he plays for.

Seems like a Tillman type player at the Fullback position.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
At this point I don't think we should bother drafting any RB. Hopefully a veteran will be cut that we can pick up.