Official don't fire GREEN!

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Thats true to a point but you have to add in the decisions that cost the teams wins earlier in the season just doesn't convince me that he deserves another year.

For example why did it take 10 weeks to figure out our current Oline is the one that should be starting? Decisions like that cost a chance at the playoffs in the insanely mediocre NFC

I agree with you to an extent, but you have to credit him that he kept working the problem until it got fixed, some never get that far, those "some" tend to include all former Cardinal coaching staffs.

It's not that simple either, there are rumors it wasn't Green at all that was for going after Edge and that he wanted more line help.

The past is literally littered with Green's mistakes of all kinds but the point is where we are now and that isn't all that bad objectively.

I'd rather have a stronger coach, but I'm old enough and seen enough of this team to know that the odds of us upgrading over Green aren't good at all, in fact it's the dog here so as much as I really don't want him as coach, I can't bring myself to fire a guy if ..... and it's a big if.... he puts together a 6 and 2 second half.

even 5-3 would pretty much do it for me, he has to win 2 of the next three games to keep me on his bandwagon, the way it's going now it's going to be close.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
I agree with you to an extent, but you have to credit him that he kept working the problem until it got fixed, some never get that far, those "some" tend to include all former Cardinal coaching staffs.

It's not that simple either, there are rumors it wasn't Green at all that was for going after Edge and that he wanted more line help.

The past is literally littered with Green's mistakes of all kinds but the point is where we are now and that isn't all that bad objectively.

I'd rather have a stronger coach, but I'm old enough and seen enough of this team to know that the odds of us upgrading over Green aren't good at all, in fact it's the dog here so as much as I really don't want him as coach, I can't bring myself to fire a guy if ..... and it's a big if.... he puts together a 6 and 2 second half.

even 5-3 would pretty much do it for me, he has to win 2 of the next three games to keep me on his bandwagon, the way it's going now it's going to be close.

I'm not saying to fire him at this point. I'm just for waiting to see how we do against some good teams (ie Denver and San Diego) before I hitch myself to the Green needs to stay bandwagon.

We've won 3 of the past 4 but those opponents we beat were the pathetic Lions, the Rams who are in self-destruct mode, and a Seahawks team that shows up one week and disappears the next. Nothing to make wow me enough to say he must stay YET.

I think we should wait it out till the end of the season before we decide to keep him or not.

... and there's no way in hell I'm giving him an extension

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I gotta tip my hat to them for sticking with the run when we fell behind.

that is what the good teams ALWAYS do.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still say fire him. Heck, I walked around the stadium today with a banner that said "FIRE GREEN" in huge green letters. :cool:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
But what if the team DIDN'T quit on Green and they lost the Oakland and Green Bay games because they were starting a rookie QB?

Nah...I saw the Dallas game in person. Terrible performance. Green needs to go.

OP
OP
KingofCards

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
But when the Season started we all agreed if Leinart had to play more than 8 games the season was a wash.

The season is a wash, but I didn't expect Playoffs this year.

7-9 he stays, no doubt.

The real reason the Cards starting playing better has not been only the play of the o-line. It was the return of L. Fitzgerald.

Mediocre play occured with Leinart when he had one WR to go to.

Codeofhammurabi

Cards Fan Since 1971
Reaction score
But when the Season started we all agreed if Leinart had to play more than 8 games the season was a wash.

7-9 he stays, no doubt.

The real reason the Cards starting playing better has not been only the play of the o-line. It was the return of L. Fitzgerald.

Yes, I hadn't thought about that much. Tom Brady doesn't look as good without his full arsenal this year, and Leinart has looked much better since he has all of his weapons. That being said; the line is playing like it actually shouldn't have to pay for tickets to attend the game.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

7-9 he stays, no doubt.

Another false statement. Leinart played extremely well over almost 2 complete games 3 Qtrs of the KC game and the entire Bears game against the best D in the NFL. All without LF!

OP
OP
KingofCards

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Another false statement. Leinart played extremely well over almost 2 complete games 3 Qtrs of the KC game and the entire Bears game against the best D in the NFL. All without LF!

Who is this guy?

:D

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

7-9 he stays, no doubt.

All the more reason not to resign BJ. Oh and welcome back KofC!:thumbup:

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would sign him to a one year extension (therefore he has a 2 years remaining) That way both the team and him get what they want. He is not a lame duck, and the Cards aren't on the hook for a whole lot.

Guys we are not going to get a top tier coach. More likely if a move is made it is for a retread or some no name bottom tier reach. I am really not in the mood to see this team waste 3/4 of next season while the new coach tries to figure it out. If you're thinking we could have a turnaround like New Orleans, then you need to put the pipe down. Give the guy another year UNLESS a Pete Carroll or somebody really wants the job.

I just wish they would make a move... in some form or fashion instead of waiting. My biggest fear is that we waste yet another year of freakishly talented wr's since our new coach will need time to learn our players strengths and weaknesses.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

7-9 he stays, no doubt.

Uhg. Yeah, if he wins out, keep him.

jrjbritt

Registered
Reaction score
I think Green should stay, but its going to cost us either way.. bring him back and with his extention or let him go and pay him.. I would hate to see us start over with a whole new coaching staff, and new termoiolgy for the players to learn.. This team is just starting to get comfortable in their schemes and Lienart is doing great.. please keep Green and staff and extend!!!!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Think about it this way. This late season surge has got to have the Bidwills happy for a number of reasons. Obviously winning is better than losing, but if Green pulls together a good second half, they don't have to fire Green, they keep him on for another year (or half a year) and not have to pay two coaches at the same time.

Up until the OAK game, I was on the Green bandwagon, was off for a few weeks, now I am wavering. A lot of people are probably with me too. Unless Carroll comes to the Valley, I don't see the any of the other coaches available as a huge upgrade.

The last 3 games will tell us if he should stay or go.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05