ok after the bye josh or kurt?

freebyrd

Reaction score
who's it gonna be,
a no brainer had josh have one this game, but i think they turn it back over to warner
i wish josh had cemented himself with a win because the next two weeks around here are going to be brutal,
and btw there went our season :(
freebyrd

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
The season is over, it does not matter anymore...I say let Josh play out the season to see if he is worth keeping next season.

He had a decent game today...

Boldin was a beast, but his fumble killed us, just killed us!

1-4 means season in completly finished. Typical Cardinal loss while dominating the game...

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I think it will be Kurt when healthy and I hope it will.

Best thing Josh could do for himself right now is sit on the bench and collect a fat check to go to another team, leaving us with Warner.

So we can all feel good about him hitting wide open guys and losing the game in a more professional manner.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Josh.

Going with Warner does you no good. This team is not going to the playoffs regardless of whos playing QB.

Josh has shown enough to be the full tim starter.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you start Josh, he moved the ball both games, you gotta give him another start to show he can keep it up.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm fine with whatever DG does in this situation. Josh looked great for 6 out of 8 quarters of football, but I can't say with any certainty that Warner wouldn't have looked equally great (if not greater). Who knows?

I'm cool with either guy starting in the next game.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would say McCown ends up starting since at least we are putting up points with him at QB. However, I expect a short leash.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:
I'm fine with whatever DG does in this situation. Josh looked great for 6 out of 8 quarters of football, but I can't say with any certainty that Warner wouldn't have looked equally great (if not greater). Who knows?

Pretty much my thoughts as well.

nurnay

whatever
Reaction score
Warner won't last behind that line. Josh is a better fit given his scrambling ability.

Chainthroer

Registered
Reaction score
Josh probably has more familarity with Bolden and Fitz. He did well today. Our D just ran out of gas and we had no CBs. The D pressure on the Carol QB kept this from being a potential blow out.
Bottom line, the O-line was better today and last week. That may make it a better situation for Kurt.
It's a tossup as far as either Kurt or Josh two weeks from now, but given Josh has completed mega yards two week in a row, I would not be surprised to see him in the first spot in two weeks.

RFIP

Rookie
Reaction score
Josh will always be Josh

Guy like him don't start making good decisions. You've either got it in you or you don't.

4th and five and you throw a hail mary?

Get lucky enough to get the ball back and you throw it right to Lucas who saves you from your fourth int by dropping the ball?

Fourth and ten and you run?

This is a nice kid. By all accounts he's trying to improve. He's not a championship calibre QB.

Plain and simple.

If the OL continues to play well, Kurt will light it up. If he plays in either of these last two games the Cards win both from start to finish, and by large margins.

If the OL plays like it did the first 3 weeks, BOTH QB's will be need anyway.

1-4 sounds bad but, 8-8 WILL win this division and the Cards still have Seattle @ home.

I hope Denny doesn't make the same mistake Coughlin did last year and pull Kurt. This team has a chance to get to 8 wins yet.

My guess? I say Green names Josh the QB in his post game press confrence.

Bad move.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
nurnay said:
Warner won't last behind that line. Josh is a better fit given his scrambling ability.

I don't know of a line in football that would be good for Warner, he never was nimble but he's grown roots now.

He'd be more of a threat if we had a deep ball WR which we don't. I don't see him having much success.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RFIP said:
Guy like him don't start making good decisions. You've either got it in you or you don't.

4th and five and you throw a hail mary?

Get lucky enough to get the ball back and you throw it right to Lucas who saves you from your fourth int by dropping the ball?

Fourth and ten and you run?

This is a nice kid. By all accounts he's trying to improve. He's not a championship calibre QB.

Plain and simple.

If the OL continues to play well, Kurt will light it up. If he plays in either of these last two games the Cards win both from start to finish, and by large margins.
If the OL plays like it did the first 3 weeks, BOTH QB's will be need anyway.

1-4 sounds bad but, 8-8 WILL win this division and the Cards still have Seattle @ home.

I hope Denny doesn't make the same mistake Coughlin did last year and pull Kurt. This team has a chance to get to 8 wins yet.

My guess? I say Green names Josh the QB in his post game press confrence.

Bad move.

And you can prove this how? Warner would have thrown fluttering ducks on those long balls today.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nurnay said:
This line pass blocks surprisingly well.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane H said:
And you can prove this how? Warner would have thrown fluttering ducks on those long balls today.
And you can prove this and how?

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
I think you start Josh, he moved the ball both games, you gotta give him another start to show he can keep it up.

josh did move the team and put up a lot of yardage. He still misses seeing some open receivers and when it counted he could not get it done on the last two possessions. Big time QB's get the job done with two possessions. A lack of a running game hurts big time. I frankly think JJ is a bust alread. They should give him a go at wideout. He lacks the power or heart to make yardage into the line regardless of the OL. He sure is not Cadillac Williams. In some respects Josh reminds me of Jake. He can look real good and real bad but lacks consistency. He had a chance to set himself up for a good contract next season but at the end of the game he did not have what it takes. That is the time when the good QB's step up.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:
And you can prove this and how?

Cant prove it. But his history of long passes in practice by many reports and in the 1st two and a half games would back this up.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Pariah said:

I am with you I really do not care. Just put the guy on the field that gives us the best chance to win. By the way, some post mention Josh Haters. I really do not think anyone on this board hates Josh. We do not even know the guy. I think we all hate losing and we all deep in our hearts want him to succeed as we are first and formost Cardinal fans. Players come and go and I am ready to have a hero who will help us win. I hope it would be McCown but really have my doubts. We had some guys on the board who were so attached to Plummer they left the board when he left. They were not Cardinal fans they were Jake Plummer fans. Josh will get other chances this year and may start the next game. I have no idea what the coach thinks. Josh sure look dejected at the end of the game with his head in his hands. I guess I feel the same way. I thought we had this one. If we need one yard for a 1st down I still thing Big could get you a yard without any blocking. With our running game we had a better chance with a surprise short pass. I am pissed. Not at anyone in particular but just how our team continues to suck. It is always next year. Our season is over and we are only 5 games in.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
john h said:
I am with you I really do not care. Just put the guy on the field that gives us the best chance to win. By the way, some post mention Josh Haters. I really do not think anyone on this board hates Josh. We do not even know the guy. I think we all hate losing and we all deep in our hearts want him to succeed as we are first and formost Cardinal fans. Players come and go and I am ready to have a hero who will help us win. I hope it would be McCown but really have my doubts. We had some guys on the board who were so attached to Plummer they left the board when he left. They were not Cardinal fans they were Jake Plummer fans. Josh will get other chances this year and may start the next game. I have no idea what the coach thinks. Josh sure look dejected at the end of the game with his head in his hands. I guess I feel the same way. I thought we had this one. If we need one yard for a 1st down I still thing Big could get you a yard without any blocking. With our running game we had a better chance with a surprise short pass. I am pissed. Not at anyone in particular but just how our team continues to suck. It is always next year. Our season is over and we are only 5 games in.

You would say otherwise if you read swd posts in todays game thread. He clearly hates Josh McCown.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
john h said:
josh did move the team and put up a lot of yardage. He still misses seeing some open receivers and when it counted he could not get it done on the last two possessions. Big time QB's get the job done with two possessions. A lack of a running game hurts big time. I frankly think JJ is a bust alread. They should give him a go at wideout. He lacks the power or heart to make yardage into the line regardless of the OL. He sure is not Cadillac Williams. In some respects Josh reminds me of Jake. He can look real good and real bad but lacks consistency. He had a chance to set himself up for a good contract next season but at the end of the game he did not have what it takes. That is the time when the good QB's step up.

John with all due respect Cadillac was LONG GONE when we picked JJ, why do you continually bring him up when you're talking about JJ?

And you might have missed his last 2 games, couldn't play today he got injured last week because his coach is a moron and overused him.

JJ outplayed Shipp today, he just got 4 carries, hard to do much in 4 carries. he's getting better every week, seems silly to label a guy a bust when he's playing better each week and we're seeing proof positive evidence the problem is the OL, not the RB's?

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
John with all due respect Cadillac was LONG GONE when we picked JJ, why do you continually bring him up when you're talking about JJ?

And you might have missed his last 2 games, couldn't play today he got injured last week because his coach is a moron and overused him.

JJ outplayed Shipp today, he just got 4 carries, hard to do much in 4 carries. he's getting better every week, seems silly to label a guy a bust when he's playing better each week and we're seeing proof positive evidence the problem is the OL, not the RB's?

I wouldnt use todays game alone as a barometer that hes playing better every week.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:

I am a Shipp fan but I did see something in JJ today. He needs some time. Saw him make some good blocks protecting and he can catch the ball and get some yards. Would be a mistake to give up on him. Our backs are asked to shake tacklers before they get to the line on every play. Just not possible.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane H said:
I wouldnt use todays game alone as a barometer that hes playing better every week.

Not better than Shipp every week, but he's improved every week he's played. Sure he started quite low, but he is getting better.

You gotta wonder though, Q got 3 carries in the game.

Codeofhammurabi

Cards Fan Since 1971
Reaction score
nurnay said:

Josh has already shown more than he did anytime last season. I say go with Josh. He can move in the pocket, and he creates time to throw. Warner is a sitting duck. If we had an experienced and cohesive line; I go with Warner.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser