Orlando supposedly very interested in Nash

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think he would be a great fit for them. Their offense is woefully inconsistent, if you tossed Nash in there to run the PnR with Dwight and sling it around the perimeter to all those shooters they would become a terrifying team.

However... looking at the Magic's roster and player contracts I dont see how a trade can be reached. Ryan Anderson is basically their only trade bait and I dont know if Orlando would be willing to give him up.

Anderson, Nelson and (hopefully) a pick for Nash works based on salaries. The Suns deserve a pick because they are taking back Nelson's corpse and the 8 million he will be owed next year.

The Magic fans might be upset at the loss of Anderson but the guy is unproven, due an extension and the only reasonably paid player on Orlando's entire roster besides Dwight and I cant see how a trade could be possible without including him. But, I think they'd get over it when Nash got there and turned their offense into a hurricane.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Draft picks

We don't need Anderson and they won't give him up along with picks.

Nash, Warrick Childress for Nelson, Reddick, TPE and picks is good enough.

Reddick can be terminated before next season like Vince and if not he expires next year. We dump Childress and Warrick for nothing and even if we cant trade Nelson for an expiring or TPE elsewhere he expires after next year.

Last edited:

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I want just 2012 pick... and a future conditional pick (2013 or 2014).

The condition being;
- Suns can swap with them which ever is higher, with no protection there.... this is fairest.

- Or, Suns get the pick outright, but with some form of protection, maybe top 3 or top 5 preferrably, but realistically, top 10 protection could get the Magic to agree.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cannot find any link to show there is reciprocal interest between Orlando and Phoenix. I do know good things come from Orlando like the Amare draft pick and Gortat.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The bottom line is that we won't trade Nash unless he asks for a trade, and he has stated that he will not do that.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7g7mj5m

Phoenix gets
Beasley, Webster, 2012 Orlando pick, TPE from Lakers

Orlando gets
Nash, Childress

Minnesota gets
Redick, Frye

Lakers get
Nelson

You could swap Redick with Jason Richardson if Minnesota prefers that and move the Orlando pick to the Lakers.

Gross... I have absolutely zero interest in getting Beasley. He is about to be a free agent and will get a contract that grossly outweighs his value.

And to be frank... Beasley freaking sucks. He is the definition of an empty stat player who might look pretty in the box score but kills his team on both ends.

Waysouth

Veteran
Reaction score
Why not wait until the end of the season and match up Nash and Howard in Phoenix instead of Orlando?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The bottom line is that we won't trade Nash unless he asks for a trade, and he has stated that he will not do that.

This gem was posted as RealGM wiretap headline: Source: Suns Won't Trade Nash Unless He Submits Request

Source? Was it Lon Babby?

Probably. Babby has been pretty consistent. He repeated it on the radio not too long ago that Nash has earned the right to finish his career with the Suns if he wants.

It's not going to happen unless you piss Nash off.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Gross... I have absolutely zero interest in getting Beasley. He is about to be a free agent and will get a contract that grossly outweighs his value.

And to be frank... Beasley freaking sucks. He is the definition of an empty stat player who might look pretty in the box score but kills his team on both ends.

Isn't this what we'd want from a Nash trade? Shed salary, 1 or 2 picks, and improved odds of us sucking? In fact, lets call up Ricky Davis, get him in here for a year on a min contract and take tanking to a whole new level!

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Isn't this what we'd want from a Nash trade? Shed salary, 1 or 2 picks, and improved odds of us sucking? In fact, lets call up Ricky Davis, get him in here for a year on a min contract and take tanking to a whole new level!

I agree with sucking after trading away Nash. But getting Beasley while he is a RFA and then watching the Suns match some absurd offer sheet so they could keep his worthless butt?

No thank you.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want no part of Beasley. Keep him out of the locker room.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate to disappoint you all but I think it is a far better chance Nash resigns with the Suns rather than gets traded.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
According to ESPN the Lakers turned down a trade that would have been Beasley for the better of LA's 2 first round picks. Shows that Minny is pretty low on him... which they should be, because he sucks.

I would LOVE if Beasley went to LA. Laker fans would despise him within 2 weeks of his arrival.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate to disappoint you all but I think it is a far better chance Nash resigns with the Suns rather than gets traded.

This.

Would not be surprised for an extension to be announced before the seasons ends. Suns are counting on Nash's presence to be an enticement for free agents.

JustWinBaby

Veteran
Reaction score
This team is stunningly ********.

I tend to agree with you.

But I would rather watch Nash than Brooks run the point for 2 more years.

Didn't Babby make the trade for Brooks to be our future PG?

Brilliant

Who does he really want to be our PG.

JustWinBaby

Veteran
Reaction score

Yep

I have said this many times.

I doubt we can get anyone better or good value for him in trade.

I doubt Nash will be able to get more money from anyone else than Sarver.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This.

Would not be surprised for an extension to be announced before the seasons ends. Suns are counting on Nash's presence to be an enticement for free agents.
...and as a Suns fan how do you feel about that? Honest question to you and anyone else....
More specifically....how do you feel about Nash CHOOSING to be here for the next 2 or 3 more years by choice? Because lets not kid ourselves...his decision making in the last couple yrs(and beyond)is truly writing the book on the Suns' current state of affairs.

Last edited:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
...and as a Suns fan how do you feel about that? Honest question to you and anyone else....
More specifically....how do you feel about Nash CHOOSING to be here for the next 2 or 3 more years by choice? Because lets not kid ourselves...his decision making in the last couple yrs(and beyond)is truly writing the book on the Suns' current state of affairs.

It would show without a doubt that Nash is more focused on being comfortable, and running his system than winning a championship. (If that hasn't been confirmed already)

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
This.

They can't extend him.

Probably not going to watch another game if they re-sign Nash and chose to stay mediocre next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake