OT: Brian Flores Suing NFL Alleging Racism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much do you know about Black History in this country? Blacks were legally discriminated against and were permitted from ownership.

Furthermore, when blacks finally were able to able to own homes, we saw things like the Tulsa race massacre where whites went in (with the help of the all white city government) and burned down their homes and business, along with taking their land. And that's only the worst one. Entire towns have been taken in at least 50 occasions.

So, is inheritance a direct cause of what Brian Flores is fighting, no? However, it is absolutely linked to the systemic and institutional racism that African Americans have seen throughout this country's history, leading to a DIRECT lack of accumulation of wealth.
My siblings and I own what is left of the family farm (only 90 acres now). It's been in the family for almost 175 years. At the time, only whites were permitted to homestead land (and directly before my ancestors homesteaded, it was a reservation).

Do I feel guilty? Nope, my ancestors worked hard for everything they achieved. Can I acknowledge that I had advantages that a minority may not have had because I am white? Sure. Should I feel bad that this farm helped pay for my college? Nope. Should I resent the fact that a number of blacks in my high school got scholarships that while I didn't? Nope, because they all came from poorer, many single parent households. Without those scholarships, they wouldn't have gone to college. I was going either way.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I've lived in the south most of my life. For the most part here in Nashville there are mostly black sections and white sections of town. If a unknown black man goes up in the white section somebody MAY call the cops to check him out. If a white man goes up in the black section he probably will get robbed and shot. Happens every day and on the news every night. I live in a suburb of Nashville and the crime is creeping from the downtown Nashville area. A year ago a 12 year old kid robbed a woman in my apartment parking lot. Nashville population a little over 600,000. My hometown 15,000. I visited my home town yesterday and remembered how much better it was with practically no major crime. I could go to sleep at night and never lock the door. I never go out at night here. Road rage shootings here nearly every day, drugs, murder, carjackings. It's a truth of life. I know that has nothing to do with NFL coaches, I get that. My point is that there is racism on the black side too and if you don't see that then something is wrong.
tn, that's not racism. That's just crime bro. I'm not going to say that there is no racism towards white people by other races, but there's a very good chance that I, a black man couldn't come from Philadelphia and just walk through that black section of Nashville you're talking about and not get shot or robbed. Someone assaulting a random white person has less to do with oppressing them, and more to do with preying upon someone who sticks out like a sore thumb, and probably shouldn't just be frollicking through the wrong part of town. Racism has absolutely nothing to do with trying to stuff your pockets or come up off of someone perceived to be weaker than you or in a bad spot.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
tn, that's not racism. That's just crime bro. I'm not going to say that there is no racism towards white people by other races, but there's a very good chance that I, a black man couldn't come from Philadelphia and just walk through that black section of Nashville you're talking about and not get shot or robbed. Someone assaulting a random white person has less to do with oppressing them, and more to do with preying upon someone who sticks out like a sore thumb, and probably shouldn't just be frollicking through the wrong part of town. Racism has absolutely nothing to do with trying to stuff your pockets or come up off of someone perceived to be weaker than you or in a bad spot.
Thank you for this. That's probably the best way I've heard this described.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I think the better comp would be what percentage of coaches in the league are former players? If it’s 70% and 70% of the players are black then 1 of 32 teams just doesn’t compute, does it? If the percentage of HCs is an even higher number of former players it gets worse and worse. I think that’s where the 70% of the league being black comes into play, because it’s the primary breeding grounds for future head coaches.

Except it's really not and that but is diminishing more as time goes on

The post earlier about being able to grind as a GA and build a network while young is important

Belichick - multistport athlete at Wesleyan - Dad assistant coach at Navy - took a low paying assistant job with Colts and spent 15 years on various staffs as different assistants

Tomlin - played at William & Mary - Dad played in CFL - started as WR coach at BMI, then grad assistant at Memphis - 6 years in college before NFL position coach - another 5-6 years in NFL then HC

McVay - played at Miami (OH). Dad played collegiately, grandfather coached NFL. Started as NFL position coach 1 year, worked with Jay Gruden 2 years in UFL, back to NFL under M. Shannahan, stayed on that staff under Jay Gruden - 9 seasons to HC

Kingsbury - played TT - bounced around NFL 4 seasons, barely played preseason and see action in 1 actual game - 1 season NFLE, 1 as 3rd string in CFL - started as quality control coach in Houston - 5 years assistant, 6 years college HC

Arthur Smith - played at North Carolina - son of FedEx founder - grad assistant at UNC 1 yr then Defense Quality Control Coach with Redskins, Ole Miss to Titans - 14 years coaching experience, mostly at places with ties to his dad or dad's business

Harbaugh - played Miami (OH) - Dad college level coach - assistant at Western Michigan - 13 years at college level before NFL assistant - 9 years at that level

McDermott - played at William & Mary with Tomlin - 1 year GA and then to eagles as a scouting coordinator then defensive quality control coach - 17 years NFL experience

Rhule - played at Penn St - started as GA and then worked 13 years as college assistant, 1 year NFL as a line coach - 6 years college head coach

Eberflus - walk on who played at Toledo - spent 9 years coaching there starting as student assistant - 8 years as Missouri then Browns LB coach - 13 years NFL assistant

Taylor - finished college playing at Nebraska - camp cut by Buccaneers and went to CFL as practice squad - 3 seasons as GA at Texas A&M, 4 working with QBs for Dolphins, 1 as OC & QB coach in college (Cincinnati) then 2 years with Rams

Stefanski - played at Penn (I actually saw him in college) - assistant at Penn then 13 years as Vikings assistant

McCarthy - played at Scottsdale CC then Baker - defensive GA at Fort Haynes State - volunteer coach without pay at Pitt (hometown) then GA and position coach - 6 total years in college - joined Chiefs as offensive Quality Control coach - 13 years NFL assistant

Hackett - played UC Davis - started of as assistant position coach there - 3 years college before Buccaneers assistant offense quality control coach - 4 years NFL - 4 years college at Syracuse under Marrone and followed him to Bills - 10 more years NFL assistant

Campbell - played Texas A&M - 3rd round pick - 11 year NFL career - started as coaching intern with Dolphins eventually interim coach there in yr 6 - added another 5 years NFL assistant

LaFleur - college Saginaw Valley St - 2 years indoor football - offense GA at SVS - coached with Salah at Central Michigan - 5 years college then offensive assistant with Texans - 6 years NFL - 2 Notre Dame - 4 more NFL assistant

Reich - played at Maryland - 13 year NFL career - started as offensive assistant with Colts - 10 years as NFL assistant

Reid - played community college then BYU - was BYU grad assistant - 10 year college assistant then Packers assistant offense line & TE coach - 8 year NFL assistant

McDaniels - played at John Carroll around a high number of others that have current NFL and college ties - his dad was a prominent HS coach - GA at Michigan State under Saban - after 2 years joined Patriots as personnel assistant - 8 years then NFL assistant - fired after 2 seasons then another 10 as NFL assistant

Staley - played at Dayton & Merceyhurst - 3 years as a GA at Northern Illinois - 11 years as collegiate level with last stop at John Carroll - joined Bears as outside LB coach - 4 year NFL assistant

Daboll - played at Rochester - one HS teammate coaches with LSU and another is an exec with Eagles - was restricted earnings coach at William & Mary then a GA at Michigan State for 2 years, the 2nd of which with McDaniels - Patriots took him as a defensive assistant - 15 year NFL assistant then to Alabama with Saban again for a year- then 4 with the Bills

Saleh - played at Northern Michigan - started as an assistant TE coach with Michigan State - 4 years in college then defensive intern with Texans - 15 years as NFL assistant

Sirianni - played at Mount Union then 1 year indoor - started as defensive backs coach at Mount Union - after 5 years in college joined Chiefs as offensive quality control, he knew Haley from attending the same YMCA back when he was in college - 12 years NFL assistant

Shanahan - played at Texas - Dad is NFL coach - GA at UCLA - then TB as offensive quality control - 13 year NFL assistant

Carroll - played at junior college then Pacific - 3 years as GA at Pacific, then a GA at Arkansas after a friend convinced Holtz to pick him up - there he made connections with Ruel, Nutt & Muffin - 10 years in college then a DB coach with Bills - 10 year NFL assistant - Stanford hired Dennis Green over him - 1 year as Jets HC - 2 as NFL assistant - 3 as NE head coach - 8 years as USC head coach then back to NFL

Arians - played at Virginia Tech - 3 year GA at VA Tech - had 7 years of college experience then Temple HC for 6 seasons - Chiefs RB coach 3 seasons (Cowher on staff) - then college for 2 - Saints 1 - Alabama 1 - Colts as QB coach - 14th year as NFL assistant in this stint became interim HC then Cards HC

Rivera - played at Cal then NFL for 9 seasons - after some time in media, joined Bears as a defensive quality control coach - 13 year NFL assistant then HC

Vrabel - played at Ohio State then 14 year NFL career - 3 year defensive assistant at Ohio State, 3 years with Texans then HC

FWIW Flores played at BC and came up through the Patriots starting in scouting

Wilks played college then worked in banking before becoming DC at a small school and working his way through - many years/stops tied to Rivera

Bowles played at Temple under Arians then 7 year NFL career - 3 year college assistant then 14 year NFL assistant

Caldwell played at Iowa, then was a GA there and followed the similar part

Morris is similar - played at Hofstra, then a GA there - 3 years college - 3 NFL - 1 college - 2 college then HC - starting to cycle around again

Not many NFL coaches were prominent college players, let alone NFL

For NFL players many who go into coaching had solid mid-level careers then work through the ranks - Leslie Frazier is an example - guys live Kris Richard, Kellen Moore, Ken Dorsey, etc are following that mold

I think the talking point about the league being 70% black is meaningless - it's going to be the exception that as notable player goes into coaching

Look at the collegiate pool, non-power 5

Provide an incentive for GA jobs in college, quality control coaches in the NFL, etc - this is the most common path walked

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Now inheritance is a problem as well? Good grief the level of craziness around these days never ceases to amaze me. Lol
Have you ever really sat down and thought hard about the social implications of inheritance? As I reached my 50s and my parents approach their 80s, I have lately. It’s really an interesting issue to unravel.

We all like to think we live in a society where merit determines what we get. But inheritance flies in the face of that. If we all started at zero and everyone had the same opportunity we would live in what would be close to a meritocracy. Our means would be reflected by our individual efforts, talents, and the value society places on them. When we pass those efforts and talents are gone. Any residual benefit from them should flow to society as a whole in a true meritocracy. Having them flow to our offspring who may have exerted zero effort and whim may possess zero talent is actually somewhat a drain on society. It allows them to not only abstain from furthering the growth of society as they needn’t exert any effort or add any talent in order to be comfortable, but it may actually unleash harmful action on their part to maintain the status quo, in which they wish to languish comfortably.

I’m someone who will likely benefit from an inheritance. Have I based my life’s work on it? No. That’s not how I was raised. But I do know multiple people who have just bumped along life knowing that safety net was waiting for them. Hell, they’ve been vocal about it. So I’ve seen first hand how it can be a negative for society.

I’m also someone with children. And I’ve already thought about what I want to leave for them. And I’ll be honest, it makes me conflicted. I’m raising these boys. That means seeing that they’re taken care of. When I’m dead I won’t be around to care for, and protect, them. I guess that’s what inheritance is for - caring fir your loved ones when you’re gone. But truth be told, if they need that after my death - if they’ve reached adulthood - then I’ve failed in caring for them when I was alive. Because in addition to protecting them as they grow up it’s my responsibility to train and guide them to be capable of that on their own. On their own merit. They already have the head start my merit has given them living in a stress free, education-emphasized, loving environment. They shouldn’t need even more when I’m dead and gone. Just like I won’t need it from parents. I hope they spend it all and enjoy themselves before they pass.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I appreciate your perspective. I'm curious why would that be considered the wrong part of town?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Except it's really not and that but is diminishing more as time goes on

The post earlier about being able to grind as a GA and build a network while young is important

Belichick - multistport athlete at Wesleyan - Dad assistant coach at Navy - took a low paying assistant job with Colts and spent 15 years on various staffs as different assistants

Tomlin - played at William & Mary - Dad played in CFL - started as WR coach at BMI, then grad assistant at Memphis - 6 years in college before NFL position coach - another 5-6 years in NFL then HC

McVay - played at Miami (OH). Dad played collegiately, grandfather coached NFL. Started as NFL position coach 1 year, worked with Jay Gruden 2 years in UFL, back to NFL under M. Shannahan, stayed on that staff under Jay Gruden - 9 seasons to HC

Kingsbury - played TT - bounced around NFL 4 seasons, barely played preseason and see action in 1 actual game - 1 season NFLE, 1 as 3rd string in CFL - started as quality control coach in Houston - 5 years assistant, 6 years college HC

Arthur Smith - played at North Carolina - son of FedEx founder - grad assistant at UNC 1 yr then Defense Quality Control Coach with Redskins, Ole Miss to Titans - 14 years coaching experience, mostly at places with ties to his dad or dad's business

Harbaugh - played Miami (OH) - Dad college level coach - assistant at Western Michigan - 13 years at college level before NFL assistant - 9 years at that level

McDermott - played at William & Mary with Tomlin - 1 year GA and then to eagles as a scouting coordinator then defensive quality control coach - 17 years NFL experience

Rhule - played at Penn St - started as GA and then worked 13 years as college assistant, 1 year NFL as a line coach - 6 years college head coach

Eberflus - walk on who played at Toledo - spent 9 years coaching there starting as student assistant - 8 years as Missouri then Browns LB coach - 13 years NFL assistant

Taylor - finished college playing at Nebraska - camp cut by Buccaneers and went to CFL as practice squad - 3 seasons as GA at Texas A&M, 4 working with QBs for Dolphins, 1 as OC & QB coach in college (Cincinnati) then 2 years with Rams

Stefanski - played at Penn (I actually saw him in college) - assistant at Penn then 13 years as Vikings assistant

McCarthy - played at Scottsdale CC then Baker - defensive GA at Fort Haynes State - volunteer coach without pay at Pitt (hometown) then GA and position coach - 6 total years in college - joined Chiefs as offensive Quality Control coach - 13 years NFL assistant

Hackett - played UC Davis - started of as assistant position coach there - 3 years college before Buccaneers assistant offense quality control coach - 4 years NFL - 4 years college at Syracuse under Marrone and followed him to Bills - 10 more years NFL assistant

Campbell - played Texas A&M - 3rd round pick - 11 year NFL career - started as coaching intern with Dolphins eventually interim coach there in yr 6 - added another 5 years NFL assistant

LaFleur - college Saginaw Valley St - 2 years indoor football - offense GA at SVS - coached with Salah at Central Michigan - 5 years college then offensive assistant with Texans - 6 years NFL - 2 Notre Dame - 4 more NFL assistant

Reich - played at Maryland - 13 year NFL career - started as offensive assistant with Colts - 10 years as NFL assistant

Reid - played community college then BYU - was BYU grad assistant - 10 year college assistant then Packers assistant offense line & TE coach - 8 year NFL assistant

McDaniels - played at John Carroll around a high number of others that have current NFL and college ties - his dad was a prominent HS coach - GA at Michigan State under Saban - after 2 years joined Patriots as personnel assistant - 8 years then NFL assistant - fired after 2 seasons then another 10 as NFL assistant

Staley - played at Dayton & Merceyhurst - 3 years as a GA at Northern Illinois - 11 years as collegiate level with last stop at John Carroll - joined Bears as outside LB coach - 4 year NFL assistant

Daboll - played at Rochester - one HS teammate coaches with LSU and another is an exec with Eagles - was restricted earnings coach at William & Mary then a GA at Michigan State for 2 years, the 2nd of which with McDaniels - Patriots took him as a defensive assistant - 15 year NFL assistant then to Alabama with Saban again for a year- then 4 with the Bills

Saleh - played at Northern Michigan - started as an assistant TE coach with Michigan State - 4 years in college then defensive intern with Texans - 15 years as NFL assistant

Sirianni - played at Mount Union then 1 year indoor - started as defensive backs coach at Mount Union - after 5 years in college joined Chiefs as offensive quality control, he knew Haley from attending the same YMCA back when he was in college - 12 years NFL assistant

Shanahan - played at Texas - Dad is NFL coach - GA at UCLA - then TB as offensive quality control - 13 year NFL assistant

Carroll - played at junior college then Pacific - 3 years as GA at Pacific, then a GA at Arkansas after a friend convinced Holtz to pick him up - there he made connections with Ruel, Nutt & Muffin - 10 years in college then a DB coach with Bills - 10 year NFL assistant - Stanford hired Dennis Green over him - 1 year as Jets HC - 2 as NFL assistant - 3 as NE head coach - 8 years as USC head coach then back to NFL

Arians - played at Virginia Tech - 3 year GA at VA Tech - had 7 years of college experience then Temple HC for 6 seasons - Chiefs RB coach 3 seasons (Cowher on staff) - then college for 2 - Saints 1 - Alabama 1 - Colts as QB coach - 14th year as NFL assistant in this stint became interim HC then Cards HC

Rivera - played at Cal then NFL for 9 seasons - after some time in media, joined Bears as a defensive quality control coach - 13 year NFL assistant then HC

Vrabel - played at Ohio State then 14 year NFL career - 3 year defensive assistant at Ohio State, 3 years with Texans then HC

FWIW Flores played at BC and came up through the Patriots starting in scouting

Wilks played college then worked in banking before becoming DC at a small school and working his way through - many years/stops tied to Rivera

Bowles played at Temple under Arians then 7 year NFL career - 3 year college assistant then 14 year NFL assistant

Caldwell played at Iowa, then was a GA there and followed the similar part

Morris is similar - played at Hofstra, then a GA there - 3 years college - 3 NFL - 1 college - 2 college then HC - starting to cycle around again

Not many NFL coaches were prominent college players, let alone NFL

For NFL players many who go into coaching had solid mid-level careers then work through the ranks - Leslie Frazier is an example - guys live Kris Richard, Kellen Moore, Ken Dorsey, etc are following that mold

I think the talking point about the league being 70% black is meaningless - it's going to be the exception that as notable player goes into coaching

Look at the collegiate pool, non-power 5

Provide an incentive for GA jobs in college, quality control coaches in the NFL, etc - this is the most common path walked
Hmm that’s illuminating. Thank you. So I suppose a better determinant is that NFL coaches, for the most part, played some of collegiate football. So if that’s the common denominator for coaches, let’s look at that breakdown. I believe from a quick google search that black athletes make up roughly 43-47% of collegiate football players. That means by extrapolation we should expect between 13-15 of NFL head coaches to be black. 1/32.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Have you ever really sat down and thought hard about the social implications of inheritance? As I reached my 50s and my parents approach their 80s, I have lately. It’s really an interesting issue to unravel.

We all like to think we live in a society where merit determines what we get. But inheritance flies in the face of that. If we all started at zero and everyone had the same opportunity we would live in what would be close to a meritocracy. Our means would be reflected by our individual efforts, talents, and the value society places on them. When we pass those efforts and talents are gone. Any residual benefit from them should flow to society as a whole in a true meritocracy. Having them flow to our offspring who may have exerted zero effort and whim may possess zero talent is actually somewhat a drain on society. It allows them to not only abstain from furthering the growth of society as they needn’t exert any effort or add any talent in order to be comfortable, but it may actually unleash harmful action on their part to maintain the status quo, in which they wish to languish comfortably.

I’m someone who will likely benefit from an inheritance. Have I based my life’s work on it? No. That’s not how I was raised. But I do know multiple people who have just bumped along life knowing that safety net was waiting for them. Hell, they’ve been vocal about it. So I’ve seen first hand how it can be a negative for society.

I’m also someone with children. And I’ve already thought about what I want to leave for them. And I’ll be honest, it makes me conflicted. I’m raising these boys. That means seeing that they’re taken care of. When I’m dead I won’t be around to care for, and protect, them. I guess that’s what inheritance is for - caring fir your loved ones when you’re gone. But truth be told, if they need that after my death - if they’ve reached adulthood - then I’ve failed in caring for them when I was alive. Because in addition to protecting them as they grow up it’s my responsibility to train and guide them to be capable of that on their own. On their own merit. They already have the head start my merit has given them living in a stress free, education-emphasized, loving environment. They shouldn’t need even more when I’m dead and gone. Just like I won’t need it from parents. I hope they spend it all and enjoy themselves before they pass.
I guess you need to leave what you have to the cat

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I appreciate your perspective. I'm curious why would that be considered the wrong part of town?
tn, wrong is wrong. Believe me. In areas where there is abject poverty, unemployment, lack of development, poor schools, it doesn't pay to be there unless you have to be. I'm from North Philly, much of which could be considered "not a great area". Love my upbringing and I'm not ashamed of any of the people or experiences that shaped me into the man I am today, but you couldn't pay me to walk the ol "neighborhood" after dark without a tour guide so to speak. It's the wrong part of town because you're asking for trouble one way or the other and that, in a nutshell, has nothing to do with race. People like you and I who respect authority, don't hurt other people and believe in working hard for yours, just don't belong there. I avoid the "hood" like the plague, and it sounds bad, but I have a healthy fear of my own people. It sucks that it's like that but these are the times we're living in. Folks just don't care and I hate that.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Excellent post

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Equal opportunity doesn't guarantee equal results. There is much more opportunity today than in the 60s when I grew up. Much more.
There is no actual equal opportunity when some people don't start out equal. And, great, there IS much more opportunity now. I agree. But because there is more, we should stop well short of equality?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a problem? Yes.

But can we all agree that strides have been made over the years?

Are we there yet? No

DesertDevil

Reaction score
Ahh that explains a lot
Would love for you to entertain me with your solution to this racist head coaching selection process since you're very passionate about this problem. How does a potential head coach get a "fair shake"

Last edited:

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Hmm that’s illuminating. Thank you. So I suppose a better determinant is that NFL coaches, for the most part, played some of collegiate football. So if that’s the common denominator for coaches, let’s look at that breakdown. I believe from a quick google search that black athletes make up roughly 43-47% of collegiate football players. That means by extrapolation we should expect between 13-15 of NFL head coaches to be black. 1/32.

There is also, unfortunately, a graduation gap as well.

Let's say you have 100 players, 43 black, 50 white, 7 other (which may be simplified for sure)

2018 graduation success rate was at 75% for black players and 91% for white players

So that candidate pool could have 32 black former players and 46 white players - which would still put us at 13 or so using today's numbers

However, go back to 2002 and the black graduation success rate in D1 football was 52% and white 76%

That is 22 black players and 38 white players.

So the pool is larger for candidates who would be getting to age to take head jobs and still for those starting that journey - so referencing 75% of the league is putting attention in a place that doesn't do much

There is also data we don't have, like academic performance - there is a difference between graduating and being a good student and that is with everyone enrolled

Also, QBs seem to have a more defined path and we know the racial legacy there

There needs to be more of a network coming up through college - more mentoring and letting your hard working, football loving but not professional performers that there is a path for them - advocate to your network to get them a GA, internship or other starting level job

I think the mentorship items with the league is impactful with draft compensation

I'd be curious the number of existing quality control coaches are black - those are positions that grow to the rest of the staff and tend to do better in advancement to the top spot than starting off and staying in a non-QB position coach

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There is no actual equal opportunity when some people don't start out equal. And, great, there IS much more opportunity now. I agree. But because there is more, we should stop well short of equality?
So tell me something that no one else has been able to tell me. What is the solution? I'm afraid it's the same Quandary as peace in the Middle East.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
No I'm not missing the point. Everything you hear about this inevitably returns back to money so dam right I'm getting asked to pay for it. If you think it's not about the money you are wrong. And no I don't believe in white guilt either.
I don't either, but that doesn't mean that black coaches are now just mostly token interviews. The fact that Daboll was basically hired before Flores was interviewed means the Giants didn't give him a shot whatsoever.
At some point every individual is responsible for their own outcome. You can't always get what you want and that applies to everybody no matter what race you are.
What about when perceptions are stacked against people? You can't be so naive to think people aren't judged?
I never hear about personal accountability and responsibility anymore because it always just easier to blame somebody else.
This is only true if we were all the same...
Whining and crying pizzing and moaning all the time. It's not fair, somebody screwed me. It's everywhere, white and black. People are turning into a bunch of candy azzes
Or maybe peopl are challenging the status quo?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Now inheritance is a problem as well? Good grief the level of craziness around these days never ceases to amaze me. Lol
I saw a stat once about how much familial money was given to start out the lives of most billionaires.

80% were gifted millions $ to start their lives

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
My siblings and I own what is left of the family farm (only 90 acres now). It's been in the family for almost 175 years. At the time, only whites were permitted to homestead land (and directly before my ancestors homesteaded, it was a reservation).

Do I feel guilty? Nope, my ancestors worked hard for everything they achieved. Can I acknowledge that I had advantages that a minority may not have had because I am white? Sure. Should I feel bad that this farm helped pay for my college? Nope. Should I resent the fact that a number of blacks in my high school got scholarships that while I didn't? Nope, because they all came from poorer, many single parent households. Without those scholarships, they wouldn't have gone to college. I was going either way.
Yeah my family story is similar. My mother will inherit maybe 500 acres or so in South Carolina. Family land for the past couple hundred years. Probably all taken from indigenous.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
People seem to keep forgetting that the most likely reason Flores was fired was Tua. They clearly didn't like each other.

The organization chose their "franchise" QB and 5th pick in the draft over a coach with a losing record in 3 years. I don't know why anyone is surprised. Tua is owed more money, and could potentially have a much bigger impact on future success than Flores.

Lots of people on this board would be fine with firing Kliff is Kyler made it known he wanted a new coach. The only difference here is Flores is black. He should be unfirable? I guess I'm confused.

If his problem is with not being hired as a HC for a 2nd time, there could be a million reasons for that...including he was just fired as a HC, he had a losing record as a HC, and while a HC showed an inability to get along with a young franchise QB.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Flores with no half measures make it clear he doesn't like their high draft pick qb make me think he just wanted to be fired
Moreover, what kind of leadership u have if u tell to your qb that u would have drafted another one
Its just a way to force the divorce

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This can all be explained by wealth, or lack of.

Since the end of the Civil Rights era, black Americans are actually LESS likely to own a home and the gap in wealth between white Americans and black Americans has grown significantly.

Poor people commit more crime. It's just a fact of life and has been true about early Irish, early Italians, and other immigrants groups before they assimilated and no longer had a reason to commit crime. Obviously the difference between Irish and blacks is that Irish could hide the fact that they were Irish, which many did early on.
Why do people commit crimes? To feed their families? Maybe some. But I believe most crimes are committed strictly for violence to give the perpetrator a feeling of control over someone else. Why would someone steal money to buy something when they can just steal the item that they want? There are evil people in this world that get their jollies hurting people

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The #Jaguars are hiring Doug Pederson as their new coach. Another white HC hired. Wasn't he fired because he purposely lost the last game by taking their starting qb out so they could get a better draft position.

Status
Not open for further replies.