OT: Michael Vick wants to own a dog

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh I love it when people get upset when they find themselves defending an indefensible position and I really don't care what you think of me particular on this subject. Remember you are defendig and professing support for a behavior that is illegal.

In case you are having problems reading what I posted earlier, I don't actually like MMA for a multitude of reasons

Never said you liked MMA, your the one whos talking about your MMA skills.

Also, im not upset about anything nor do I care about the subject, i think its all funny and will have forgotten all of it once im out of work and no longer wasting time on a computer.

Im not defending an indefensable position, I stated my side of the fence, I would love to watch a dog fight. You disagree, thats fine. But to say I should apoligise or regret my opinion? nah.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well good for you, what makes you think I'm any different ?

Last time I exchanged blows with anybody outside of training/contests was when I was 14 iirc

this was conversational with another poster and had nothing to do with your stance on fighting.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
have a great day folks! Ima go rile my dogs up and get them to fight each other.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im not defending an indefensable position, I stated my side of the fence, I would love to watch a dog fight. You disagree, thats fine. But to say I should apoligise or regret my opinion? nah.

You are defending an illegal activity which is what I meant by that comment

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oscar needs no riling up I have the damage on my arms to prove how sharp puppy teeth are.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are defending an illegal activity which is what I meant by that comment

yup. I defend smoking marijuana too. Along with many other things.

And no Earthsci no killing the winner, these are family dogs, the kind vick wants, not fighting dogs.

im really leaving this time, i expected to have work to do the last 15 mins of my shift but its deadddddddd

go cards

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with this, not avoiding it at all.

I suspect I dislike boxing and definitely MMA more than you do
I highly doubt it, but no way to prove it.

...and you really still haven't addressed what I said you were avoiding. If you have been in any kind of one on one contact type sport competitions, then you should be able to appreciate the excitement others get from watching.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I highly doubt it, but no way to prove it.

...and you really still haven't addressed what I said you were avoiding. If you have been in any kind of one on one contact type sport competitions, then you should be able to appreciate the excitement others get from watching.
From watching dog fighting? Really? You think a dog lover like Nidan should be able to appreciate the excitement one might get from just watching a dogfight?

:confused:

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From watching dog fighting? Really? You think a dog lover like Nidan should be able to appreciate the excitement one might get from just watching a dogfight?

:confused:
No, I'm trying to get him to see that he can appreciate the excitement of watching to beings fighting to prove which is superior in skill, strength, whatever. The excitement that is derived from watching that sort of "entertainment" is the same excitement derived from watching dog fighting.

I don't find either entertainment, but can kinda/sorta understand how some find it exciting.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
No, I'm trying to get him to see that he can appreciate the excitement of watching to beings fighting to prove which is superior in skill, strength, whatever. The excitement that is derived from watching that sort of "entertainment" is the same excitement derived from watching dog fighting.

I don't find either entertainment, but can kinda/sorta understand how some find it exciting.

I get that... I mean, I find cat-fights to be exciting and.... oh... wait.... never mind.... :D

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

How could Nidan, being Nidan, ever appreciate anything about dogfighting?

Linder: You should appreciate the excitement some get from watching dogs trying to kill each other.

Nidan: (played by Mulli) I can't. Love dogs too much.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How could Nidan, being Nidan, ever appreciate anything about dogfighting?

Linder: Can you appreciate that some people find contact-sport competitions exciting? If yes, then realize, no matter how twisted, dog fighting is the same type of "excitement"

Nidan: (played by Mulli) I can't. Love dogs too much.
Fixed for you.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
I was 10 years old once and I could never have even contemplated being involved in what you say you where then. How is that being judgmental, how is considering dog fighting disgusting judgmental ?

Yeah I saw the part about considering your dogs part of the family, I also saw you post how you found the process exciting. Nowhere did you say that you had a change of heart on the subject of dog fighting, nowhere. I did see how you conveniently considered the dogs involved to be somehow 'different' than your pets

So there was nothing that when you were younger that you found to be exciting that you don't know? Isn't that what maturing is. You learn what is right is wrong, you learn what you like and learn what defines you. When you were little didn't you ever just like something cause the cool things did, or do something cause they did? Or were you immune to peer pressure?

People change, did Mike Vick screw up....ABSOLUTELY. Were the things he did to those dogs inhumane and just damn near impossible to even stomach, HELL YES.

But that doesn't mean that the guy hasn't matured and seen the error of his ways. You have to remember, when you throw the amount of money that is thrown in front of athletes, lottery winners, and even people that inherent a lot of money, they will make decisions they wouldn't have made prior to the money.

I don't think there is a person in this country who would be scrutinized more owning a dog than Vick would be. Now with it being part of his agreement, its never going to happen so this is a moot point. But to honestly sit there and say that you are the same person and find all the same things exciting/interesting/fun now that you did when you were ten is just lying to yourself. I threw rocks at cars and hid behind trees when I was 7, that was over 20 years ago and hell I haven't done that in weeks now that I know its wrong. :D

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So there was nothing that when you were younger that you found to be exciting that you don't know? Isn't that what maturing is. You learn what is right is wrong, you learn what you like and learn what defines you. When you were little didn't you ever just like something cause the cool things did, or do something cause they did? Or were you immune to peer pressure?

People change, did Mike Vick screw up....ABSOLUTELY. Were the things he did to those dogs inhumane and just damn near impossible to even stomach, HELL YES.

But that doesn't mean that the guy hasn't matured and seen the error of his ways. You have to remember, when you throw the amount of money that is thrown in front of athletes, lottery winners, and even people that inherent a lot of money, they will make decisions they wouldn't have made prior to the money.

I don't think there is a person in this country who would be scrutinized more owning a dog than Vick would be. Now with it being part of his agreement, its never going to happen so this is a moot point. But to honestly sit there and say that you are the same person and find all the same things exciting/interesting/fun now that you did when you were ten is just lying to yourself. I threw rocks at cars and hid behind trees when I was 7, that was over 20 years ago and hell I haven't done that in weeks now that I know its wrong. :D
How long was your "rehab process?"

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
Not trying to attack you hear Nidan, personally I could care less about your views on this because it doesn't change my life in any way. I feel you are just trying to be a contrarian on every aspect of this issue regardless of it may be and due to your love of dogs (I love dogs too, my beagle is sleeping on my lap as I type this) you seem to be unwilling to budge on any issue that could possibly lead to the slimmest chance that Vick could mature and not just daydream about killing dogs.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not trying to attack you hear Nidan, personally I could care less about your views on this because it doesn't change my life in any way. I feel you are just trying to be a contrarian on every aspect of this issue regardless of it may be and due to your love of dogs (I love dogs too, my beagle is sleeping on my lap as I type this) you seem to be unwilling to budge on any issue that could possibly lead to the slimmest chance that Vick could mature and not just daydream about killing dogs.
Just to be contrarian, why would he have to budge?

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
How long was your "rehab process?"

Mulli it was tough. First they had me trow rocks at cardboard cutout cars as well as nerf balls at real cars. Once I had graduated past those levels they let me throw real rocks at trees. Every once and a while if I am walking my dog and have a rock in my hand I still have that urge....but then I remember, its just not as easy to get away for throwing rocks at cars at 27 as it was at 7.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
Just to be contrarian, why would he have to budge?

:mulli:

That is a fair question though. I am not saying he has to budge on his views regarding dog fighting, or if Vick is an awful human being, or even if he deserves to be out of prison today. But I do think it is unfair to refute the mere possibility of maturation and/or remorse for his actions.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Vick not being allowed to have a dog, then having to look at his little girls when they ask, "But why not, Daddy?" is WONDERFUL punishment.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05