OT: Michael Vick wants to own a dog

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To the law it is wrong as well and will get you arrested, it isn't just my opinion

Laws are changed all the time about issues like this. The law said MMA was illegal at a time in places too.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would as well if I owned a gun, I don't so I'd use what I have

You miss the point completley, the point is I dont care how tough you are and you threatening people with your MMA skills is ********. You take the fact that people have different opinions of yours and turn it into "well id kick your ass if you did it to my dog" good for you. Pat yourself on the back some more.

I guess expecting either of you to understand is pointless.

But to answer Rubgy, I don't hear the slightest regret from oaken1 and certinaly not from BigRedRage.

Just as BBigRedRage seems to think that watching an illegal aand brutal spectical is a good thing. I have the right to think it is disgusting and hope I or somebody else would have the chance to get all involved in such a spectacle arrested.

BigRedRage, did you forget it was illegal as well as brutal and I just love the comments about MMA when that was mostly for illuminating how I feel. Did you really think I cared what you think of my life ? Way to go for advocating for illegal behavior.

What am i supposed to say I regret? that I would enjoy watching a dog fight? no I dont regret that. Thats like me asking you to regret hating dog fighting, its ******** to even ask that. Just because you think its wrong doesnt mean I should think its wrong. The whole "illegal behavior" argument is ******** too. This country is founded on sticking to what you believe in not listening to everything that the FED says I should or should not do.

What you dont see is me cramming my beliefs up your keyster and expecting you to apoligize for not believing the same thing i do. people enjoy other things than you and have different views than you, if you can learn to understand that you will be forever bitter.

I disagree with a lot of things but I dont run around telling those people they are wrong and should not do that because I do not believe in it. To each his own as long as its not on my property.

No I dont regret saying id love to watch a dog fight and no ill never say I regret it just because you have som,e sort of passion for dogs. Good for you, thats awesome. I suppose I should be against paper because hippies hug trees too?

My beliefs are different and they arent gonna change because your MMA panties are in a wad.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
btw: I'm not exactly a fan of MMA and I doubt dog fighting laws are going to be revoked anytime soon

hes still right, you just would rather dance around it and condemn those who do not feel your way.

it being a law has nothing to do with the argument.

the law also banned marijuana because it caused reefer madness, how legit was that?

and how are you goijng to spend have your posts bragging about your many years studying MMA and say you dont like it? I personally thought UFC was awesome until it became MMA, now its boring as hell.

Boxer vs Karate = awesome
Dog vs dog = also awesome
Tiger vs lion = PPV.

I could go on but its all pointless and you dont read any of it you just get mad and re assert that you love dogs and anyone who doesnt is wrong.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
by the way, it is against the law to go 1mph above the speed limit so make sure you never do that again.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's a very valid point (that Nidan has avoided) that watching MMA or boxing, or Karate, or whatever matches are exciting to some, so why not find dog fighting exciting? I imagine the excitement comes from the test of strength & skill being pitted (see what I did there) against one another.

Personally, MMA, boxing, etc. disgusts me. I can't watch it. I find NO joy in watching ANYONE or ANYTHING beat the holy hell out of each other. But I can somehow understand how others may like it. It IS the same type of contest, from a strength-on-strength (skill against skill, whatever) standpoint. The only difference is that humans CHOOSE to participate--but the contest is the same.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's a very valid point (that Nidan has avoided) that watching MMA or boxing, or Karate, or whatever matches are exciting to some, so why not find dog fighting exciting? I imagine the excitement comes from the test of strength & skill being pitted (see what I did there) against one another.

Personally, MMA, boxing, etc. disgusts me. I can't watch it. I find NO joy in watching ANYONE or ANYTHING beat the holy hell out of each other. But I can somehow understand how others may like it. It IS the same type of contest, from a strength-on-strength (skill against skill, whatever) standpoint. The only difference is that humans CHOOSE to participate--but the contest is the same.

You watch football!

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you look at my handle on this message board you might realize how ironic that comment is.

In my 30+ years of Martial Arts I have been involved in full contact fights [not that they are any more real than point matches but that is a different subject]. I am a 3rd Dan Black Belt [Sandan these days as opposed to Nidan when ASFN started] and I suspect I know far more about MMA than most do.

The point you utterly miss is that I chose to participate in a match, the dogs get no such choice. Also it isn't to the death [hence the reality comment]

Nidan responded to the point by saying it is not to the death.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

The sad truth is,...the dogs often choose to fight as well... I am not taking away the fact that the dogs were bred and trained to fight, but when they are facing another dog,....they are not asking what do I do,...or,..when do I attack? They have to be held back from it in most cases.
Training a dog to fight is only enhancing their natural tendencies and instincts....when in the wild, in a pack environment,...you have an alpha male, he runs the pack,...when another alpha male comes along, he tries to take over the pack, one wins, one loses, and even if the loser runs away, he is often chased down and killed...or his testicles are bitten off,..so that if he survives he will no longer threaten the alpha.
Fighting dogs are trained to believe they are always the alpha and all other dogs are a threat to that, so they attack and remove the threat. The fact that they are beaten and trained to see nearly every other member of their own species as a threat is beyond psychotic..
but ya know, I had a brother in law who was a boxer, and he acted the same way...he had to fight with every other dude in his life so he knew exactly where he stood on the pecking order.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The sad truth is,...the dogs often choose to fight as well... I am not taking away the fact that the dogs were bred and trained to fight, but when they are facing another dog,....they are not asking what do I do,...or,..when do I attack? They have to be held back from it in most cases.
Training a dog to fight is only enhancing their natural tendencies and instincts....when in the wild, in a pack environment,...you have an alpha male, he runs the pack,...when another alpha male comes along, he tries to take over the pack, one wins, one loses, and even if the loser runs away, he is often chased down and killed...or his testicles are bitten off,..so that if he survives he will no longer threaten the alpha.
Fighting dogs are trained to believe they are always the alpha and all other dogs are a threat to that, so they attack and remove the threat. The fact that they are beaten and trained to see nearly every other member of their own species as a threat is beyond psychotic..
but ya know, I had a brother in law who was a boxer, and he acted the same way...he had to fight with every other dude in his life so he knew exactly where he stood on the pecking order.

I have a similar boxer buddy. He mentioned the owner of my company and his explanation of why he would go shake the guys hand is "because I could kick his ass", its his reason for everything. Me on the other hand, I am 6'5 and 215 but I avoid fights at all costs just because I see no reason to prove myself to anyone but myself.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Weighing in at a whopping 163 lbs (when soaking wet) and way up there at 5'9, I don't have a gat or kung fu skills. I can throw my hackey sack pretty hard if some one really gets me angry. Watch out for the big bad desertdawg yall. :p

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
far fetched but still does have a comparison yes.

Im sure though that Mike knew it was deemed wrong by society, knew it was illegal and enjoyed it and did it anyway. Thats where it is different.

If your raised racist in southern mississippi, you may not know any better.

But really, by the time your in your twenties, you should have an idea that racism is not the correct route.

Good point. I think that probably is the situation in most cases, depending on what sort of experiences you have had outside of where you were raised.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I have a similar boxer buddy. He mentioned the owner of my company and his explanation of why he would go shake the guys hand is "because I could kick his ass", its his reason for everything. Me on the other hand, I am 6'5 and 215 but I avoid fights at all costs just because I see no reason to prove myself to anyone but myself.

215?? lol...yer a little feller,lol

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Weighing in at a whopping 163 lbs (when soaking wet) and way up there at 5'9, I don't have a gat or kung fu skills. I can throw my hackey sack pretty hard if some one really gets me angry. Watch out for the big bad desertdawg yall. :p

I took a hacky sack in the eye once, hurt like hades....my buddy said I was supposed to catch it with my forehead...............???

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You miss the point completley, the point is I dont care how tough you are and you threatening people with your MMA skills is ********. You take the fact that people have different opinions of yours and turn it into "well id kick your ass if you did it to my dog" good for you. Pat yourself on the back some more.

That shows you how little you understand or more accurately how you interpret my words through your own attitudes.

That is the last thing I meant, I was trying to show how much I opposed the idea of experimenting on dogs .. Particularly mine.

It's hard to be or consider yourself to be a tough guy when you are 52 with body parts that no longer work up to manufacturers specification.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What am i supposed to say I regret? that I would enjoy watching a dog fight? no I dont regret that. Thats like me asking you to regret hating dog fighting, its ******** to even ask that. Just because you think its wrong doesnt mean I should think its wrong. The whole "illegal behavior" argument is ******** too. This country is founded on sticking to what you believe in not listening to everything that the FED says I should or should not do.

What you dont see is me cramming my beliefs up your keyster and expecting you to apoligize for not believing the same thing i do. people enjoy other things than you and have different views than you, if you can learn to understand that you will be forever bitter.

I disagree with a lot of things but I dont run around telling those people they are wrong and should not do that because I do not believe in it. To each his own as long as its not on my property.

No I dont regret saying id love to watch a dog fight and no ill never say I regret it just because you have som,e sort of passion for dogs. Good for you, thats awesome. I suppose I should be against paper because hippies hug trees too?

My beliefs are different and they arent gonna change because your MMA panties are in a wad.

Oh I love it when people get upset when they find themselves defending an indefensible position and I really don't care what you think of me particular on this subject. Remember you are defendig and professing support for a behavior that is illegal.

In case you are having problems reading what I posted earlier, I don't actually like MMA for a multitude of reasons

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally, MMA, boxing, etc. disgusts me. I can't watch it. I find NO joy in watching ANYONE or ANYTHING beat the holy hell out of each other.

I agree with this, not avoiding it at all.

I suspect I dislike boxing and definitely MMA more than you do

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well good for you, what makes you think I'm any different ?

Last time I exchanged blows with anybody outside of training/contests was when I was 14 iirc

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05