OT - What High School Did you go to?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NMCard said:
class of 91

Ah, I think that's just before my friend (Scott Zieman) started teaching there. He was there for a few years in the '90s.

Compa

Registered
Reaction score
Phoenix Christian alum... Tim Rattay broke many state records (all conferences) there a few years before I graduated.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
Did you know a guy named Bill Allsworth? He graduated from CBHS in 1987 as well - frat brother of mine.

i do know bill. or rather, i guess i should say i KNEW bill. i haven't seen him since prolly a year after we graduated. you still keep in touch with him?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
http://www.teddwebb.com/wrestling_hall_of_fame/hulk_hogan.html

I always heard that he went to Saguaro High in Scottsdale, but according to most bios he went to Robinson High School in Florida and was a top baseball prospect...

i did a little research. he started at camelback and his folks moved. he played baseball at camelback for our legendary coach, coach webb.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brandon_Webb said:
Mountain Pointe '08

sometimes i forget how young you are... wow '08! i'll be outta grad school by then :)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
boricuazroadie said:
Maryvale HS 84 ( Had PE with Philippi Sparks)

Alhambra HS 85-87

i played against maryvale and alhambra every year. laduke and i got to trade blows an entire game in '87. i got the best of him . . . once. he battered me the rest of the game. if we had beaten saguaro we'd have gone to the playoffs instead of alhambra. we lost. that sucked.

didn't preston lambert also go to maryvale during that time? man, trying to block a 300lbs highschooler sucked . . .

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
English on tour said:
i have no idea how you scooling works to be honest other than that you have college after high school (and you have to pass each year at high school ?!?!)

in England you go to high school from ages 12 to 15/16 where you sit your final exams. after that you are free to work or do A-levels. After that you can go to uni which i suppose is like your college!!

for the record i was at Seaton Burn High School!!

then about 10 years later went to Uni of Northumbria (part time whilst working) where i read Law for 4 years.

you're a barrister? do you still practice? what areas?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
sometimes i forget how young you are... wow '08! i'll be outta grad school by then :)

outta grad school?!? i'll have been outta TWO different grad school programs for 13 years by then!!!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Stronso said:
Brophy College Prep - 1985

hmm, these guys might be just a tad bit too young for you to know . . . but i'll give it a shot:

wade miller '87
david kirschner '87
jim (james) pack - played baseball -'89
michael (skoop) skupin - played baseball - '89
christopher flores - '89
anthony aguilar - '89
anthony coury - '89

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
outta grad school?!? i'll have been outta TWO different grad school programs for 13 years by then!!!

yeah well, you've had your chance to feel old.... this is my turn :D

MastersofCombat

Basketball Junkie
Reaction score
Wow great descriptions of schools!!

I am another Greenway Demon '82 that got his first rebound, basket, and free throw because Mark Alarie fouled me going to the basket. He was good for Brophy.
Little known facts:
- Alarie was going to attend Greenway, Instead he/lohaus gave us the most exciting basketball of that era... Remember when Lohaus broke the rim and the game stopped for like a half an hour.
- Richard Jefferson (NETS)was going to attend Greenway but christian MOM didnt want her son to play for demons. So he went to Moon Valley
- Pete Babcock was our head coach he left our Junior year 1981 to be a general manager of the San Diego Clippers after that he had long stints in Denver and Atlanta before retiring in 2003.
- Tim Salmon came into my basement one day while I was playing Ninetendo and he told me he was drafted by the Angels and was to report to Bend, Ore. I was like What the heck?

And if any Greenway alumni come in here " WHo am I? The only player to ever take the football field with only shoulder pads and thigh pads and a helmet that had no chin strap." I was suspended for a game the coach said,. I thought he was serious so I didnt fully dress out the second half. Then with the last series of the game he caved and put me out there to help win the game. We didnt stop them but I made the fans erupt when I made a tackle where my helmet flew off like a grenade.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Gilbert High School 1996

Anybody else?

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
mdamien13 said:
Seton Catholic - 1993-1995
Gilbert Public - 1995-1997 (graduated)

There's another Seton Catholic boy prowling on this board somewhere . . .
I went to Seton Catholic 1998-2002 (graduated)

DieHardCardFan

Dallas 2011
Reaction score
Coronado High - Scottsdale - Class of 1992

Although I got kicked out in 89 and went to jail and got my GED. I still went to the ten year reunion and was appointed to plan a 15 year instead of waiting for the 20 year.

That reunion was a friggin blast! Never thought I would go but man I will never miss one! All the nerdy chics got hot as hell!

Reaction score
sundevilscott said:
Cactus High School (Glendale, AZ) Class of 1991.

I heard something this weekend. Do you realize the class that is just now graduating started school in 1993!! :eek: :rolleyes:

Man I am old.

I knew there was at least one Cobra here!

ATLCardsFan

Reaction score
CapitalCard

I really hope not, although I may know her, although it was a large school, what was her name. Did you also graduate from Braddock?