OT - What High School Did you go to?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
i do know bill. or rather, i guess i should say i KNEW bill. i haven't seen him since prolly a year after we graduated. you still keep in touch with him?

On and off - haven't talked to him in a few months - he still lives in Phoenix.

OP
OP
jf-08

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RedViper said:
I'm a Redcoat. Class of 86.

Gerard huh?

Do you know the Dirks twins, Steve Phelan, or Todd Fleury? They were all '87.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
jkf296 said:
Gerard huh?

Do you know the Dirks twins, Steve Phelan, or Todd Fleury? They were all '87.

I knew the Dirks twins and Steve Phelan. Played football with them. Also Mike Phelan was in my class and I went to undergrad with him at NAU. Mike was more of a basketball player although he played football freshmen and JV. Those are all good guys. I haven't seen them in years.

Bobcat

Reaction score
Went to Sanford H. Calhoun High School, North Merrick, Long Island New York

Graduated In 1965:

Notables Graduates: Debbie Gibson, Ben & Jerry, Mario Puzzo's daughter, and of course Me. "BOBCAT."

Been a Cardinal fan since they moved to Arizona. I have always supported the Home teams. Why you may ask, well here is where I worked, and raised my family. This is really a no-brainer to me.

Just cannot see why others who live here still strongly support their former teams. Guy's you live here, not Dallas, Oakland, New York, Buffalo et al.

Bobcat :thumbup: :)

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
CatBoxBackFan said:
RedViper,did you know one or both Gaudio brothers Dominic or Joe? and any of the Dippre boys,Dave,Mike,Mark or Matt.

I sure knew Joe Gaudio. He was Student Body President when I was a freshman. I knew him well. Ran track with him. He also played football but I was on the freshman team then. Matt Dippre was in my class and I knew im very well. I used to be a carry out at Bashas Store #18 on 40th & Camelback when Mike Dippre was the asst manager so I also knew him well. Most of the Dippres were out of Gerard when I was there though.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
All right, a fellow Knight!!

You had Ryan Kealy and the 14-0 season and I think a girl's bball stae championship during your run :notworthy

Yeah Ryan Kealy was class of 96 a year ahead of me. He and Tariq McDonald played for ASU.

Does you remember a guy named Roger Aguilar, heavily recruited a couple years earlier and went ot UofA. Never made it though.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JPlay said:
Yeah Ryan Kealy was class of 96 a year ahead of me. He and Tariq McDonald played for ASU.

Does you remember a guy named Roger Aguilar, heavily recruited a couple years earlier and went ot UofA. Never made it though.

the name sounds vaguely familiar....

i do remember channing frye and the fontenet brothers kicking the crap outta brophy to win the state boys bball tite though :D 2001 was a glorious year!

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
ATLCardsFan said:
I really hope not, although I may know her, although it was a large school, what was her name. Did you also graduate from Braddock?

Monica Berry, LB Class of 91.

Our dad was army, so we moved alot. I graduated overseas... see earlier post in this thread.

BTW, how in world is a thread that hasn't had a hit in nearly two years this active?

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
RedViper said:
I sure knew Joe Gaudio. He was Student Body President when I was a freshman. I knew him well. Ran track with him. He also played football but I was on the freshman team then. Matt Dippre was in my class and I knew im very well. I used to be a carry out at Bashas Store #18 on 40th & Camelback when Mike Dippre was the asst manager so I also knew him well. Most of the Dippres were out of Gerard when I was there though.

Quite the Gerard connection in here. If our family stayed in Phoenix, I surly would have gone to Gerard as well. My cousin, Danielle Dees, would have also been class of 86, but she was "asked to leave" her senior year. The nuns weren't big on having a pregnant student in the class.

Go Cards!!!

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
Capital Card said:
Quite the Gerard connection in here. If our family stayed in Phoenix, I surly would have gone to Gerard as well. My cousin, Danielle Dees, would have also been class of 86, but she was "asked to leave" her senior year. The nuns weren't big on having a pregnant student in the class.

Go Cards!!!

I remember her quite well. Seems like I can barely remember that pregnancy scandal. Catholic School is funny that way I guess. Of course there was only one nun left at Gerard in 86. Nuns are about as common as t-rexes these days. I hope Danielle came through it alright.

One of my good friends was a teacher at St Theresa's and got pregnant-out of wedlock and had to resign. The great irony of course, she could have had an abortion on the sly and kept her job. Which would have been the more Catholic thing to do? :shrug:

Last edited:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
RedViper said:
The great irony of course, she could have had an abortion on the sly and kept her job. Which would have been the more Catholic thing to do?

Excellent point.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is some place you never heard of or would want to go;

Morenci Jr/Sr High School, Morenci, AZ (Class of 1994)

A-Bomb

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
abomb said:
Here is some place you never heard of or would want to go;

Morenci Jr/Sr High School, Morenci, AZ (Class of 1994)

A-Bomb

I had some fraternity brothers who went there - all before your time though - late 70's to late early 90's.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
I had some fraternity brothers who went there - all before your time though - late 70's to late early 90's.

what fraternity do you belong to?

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
Kappa Sigma

lol get out

(im learning more and more about you cuz of this thread, haha)

They are my favorite frat on campus - some good guys.

I am not a fan of the Sig Eps though...

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
thirty-two said:
lol get out

:| it's not frat, but fraternity

would you call your mother a moth?
your country a .. :|

DS

Ladies Man
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
maddogkf said:
:| it's not frat, but fraternity

would you call your mother a moth?
your country a .. :|

:lmao:

:eek:wned:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
lol get out

Cool.....I think they are a fairly recent chapter.

And, oh - what maddog said :)

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
Fraternities can seem one way at one chapter and be completely different at the next. At NAU the Sig Eps were fairly cool, at least when I (and Jon) was there.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
earthsci said:
Fraternities can seem one way at one chapter and be completely different at the next. At NAU the Sig Eps were fairly cool, at least when I (and Jon) was there.

Yup - all were cool at NAU except those Sigma Nu's.............

j/k - It was the Pikes we all didn't like.