Pistons at Suns, 12:30 PM MST on ABC

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well if the suns had your thoughts tj they wouldn't even play anymore games this season they would just give up hope

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Full board meltdown mode in:

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Take Shaq out, no reason him or any of the starters should be in there.

nash2crosby

Reaction score
Quit being whiners. I had to get up at 3:30 am in China nd watch the internet scoreboard for three hours. All is not really lost!

Kody Rumin

Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about the seeding right now, because the West is so packed. As long as you are in the playoff hunt, you could be #1 one day, and fall to #5 after just a couple of losses.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Right now, we would be the 5th seed and play the Utah Jazz. But we would have the home court advantage by virtue of a better record.

Of course this is mostly useless in February. It's going to change several times betweeen now and mid April.

4 Rings

Reaction score
30 point blow out. I never thought that would happen on the Suns court. This Detroit team is real good.

WuRaider

Registered
Reaction score
No time to panic, we get blown out by Detroit at least once a year.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Suns use to have a 5 man line-up that can all score... 3 shooters at a time and 2 finishers.

Now...

you have a more traditional line-up.

a playmaker
a gritty defender
a well rounder swingman
a scoring/finisher power forward
a big body in the middle

The only shooter is the play maker....

defenders just close in on the interior, Nash doesnt have much space to dish out.

Hill and Bell are not shooters.... from the arc anyways.

Barbosa is streaky.
Bell was streaky...now very inconsistent
Hill is money from 15-17, but not from outside where the Suns need someone to be hitting shots.
A 15-17 foot shooter can be stopped because especially against the Suns as they do not have a big that commands a double... a big who plays with his back of the basket anyways... Shaq is supposed to be that, but right now he still isnt fitting in the offense... rebounding and size wise he has helped as expected.

Brent Barry is a step to the right direction.

Should of traded Barbosa for a shooter... or went all out for Mike Miller...

Maybe in the off season, as its very difficult to see the Suns getting over teams who play great defense and have a very discipline system.

And the coach and style is out dated as proven by most elite teams today.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
a win is almost guaranteed after being blown out the previous game...
Not necessarily. Last year, Detroit blew us out at home 105-83 and then the Suns went to Denver and got blown out again in the next game 131-107.

It helps that we're playing lowly Memphis, as long as Mark Iavaroni doesn't remember all the Suns' secrets.

GorrilaLips

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, at least we play Memphis Grizzlies next...we could take out our aggression on that team:)

And we weren't destroyed as much as Detroit killing Milwaukee on Dec.31st. it was 114-69; 45 point difference....dang!:p

gdiddy

Registered
Reaction score
Hate to say this, but this team has lost it'd identity over the years. We trade one of the key components in our offense so that we can match up against half court teams. And what does it get us?

This team went an entire season without Amare or KT. It had Boris Diaw guarding centers for heaven's sake. Yet it was effective at playing against the elite teams in the league because its offensive style was still intact.

Now the Suns are trying to switch it around, and play half court basketball with Shaq, a dud of a center who can only rebound but can't shoot to save his life. I'd take a Marion jumpshot and freethrow over Shaq's anyday.

This team used to be about three point shooting. It used to be about high flying dunks from the likes of Marion, it used to be about the uncanny playmaking of Steve Nash.

It's all gone now.

Sorry, but count me off the championship bandwagon. If you can't prove yourself this far into the season, then it won't happen.

And if for some miraculous reason the Suns do win the championship this year, I'll be happy to eat my words.