Post Packers Overreaction Thread 2024

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Colossal waste of time and energy . .
knife to a gunfight
Ya homie, I agree. But let’s not reference the rosters with that analogy; reference the ownership/leadership.

Packers FO >>>>>>> Cards FO.

Always has been.

Not a JG/MO problem… KK just wiped our asses a couple weeks ago, and the dudes probably on his way to the playoffs this year.

This ownership is an abortion.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Yeah I'm a Benson fan, loved him in college, but that fumble play lost it for me for now. I think it's clear now why he's not playing more because he doesn't have the plays down yet so they don't trust him. Kyler was moving him several times during the game.

Benson and MHJ both lagging as rookies.

Maybe we're just impatient? Frustrated?

We're seeing better stuff from the young defensive players than from the young offensive players.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't think we have the WR's. The year I'm talking about we had Larry and Anquan and Breaston and even Jerheme Urban. Marv would be the 3rd Wr on that team.

The plan was play 2 and 3 TE sets, run the ball. Problem is when you fall behind it's hard to play that way.

Maybe I'm wrong but there are signs how frustrated the staff is. Last week Benson didn't play now we know why, they didn't trust him knowing Kyler would have to change lots of plays. Today 2 plays after MHJ and Kyler weren't on the same page on the route, we lined up for a run play and had Wilson and Weaver in there, no Marv, he wasn't hurt yet and he certainly wasn't tired, my guess is they had him on the sideline showing him film or something.
And our OC had zero designed PA rollouts, really had kyler throwing on the edge, 1 designed QB run numerous 2nd and long plodding runs. Sheesh.. talk about not playing to your only known strength on offense.

Reactions: PJ1

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score
Loser owner creates a loser franchise and a loser team, it's just pathetic yet again, glad he got those stupid Casita seating or whatever he calls em

The sad part is I think he has a rock solid contract at the stadium unlike the Yotes and Dbacks which could drive their owners to sell or move.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Why not ditch this style of offense ? It doesn’t work. We have scored less than 24pts 4 of 6 games and less than 14 pts in 3 of 6 games. Browns have yet to crack 18 pts in a game.

Our struggles on offense have NOT been QB play, but rather the scheme of our offense.
For this week, I am in full agreement.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I agree with all your takes here.. but in the offensive era of 2024 - who centers their offense are a 30 year old plodder? The fact is you’re not grinding out wins w 24 points or less in the board in this era. The rules aren’t structured in your favor that way nowadays.

Dortch and Wilson wouldn’t be starting for 90% of the teams in the NFL. Half the league has 1a and 1b WRs those guys are 4 and 5 WRs I have/had hopes of MW growth and it still may happen but today he isn’t a top 3 WR on any relevant team

Wilson and Dortch would definitely be top-4 pass catching options on more than 10% of teams. There’s some putrid units out there.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I agree with all your takes here.. but in the offensive era of 2024 - who centers their offense are a 30 year old plodder? The fact is you’re not grinding out wins w 24 points or less in the board in this era. The rules aren’t structured in your favor that way nowadays.

Dortch and Wilson wouldn’t be starting for 90% of the teams in the NFL. Half the league has 1a and 1b WRs those guys are 4 and 5 WRs I have/had hopes of MW growth and it still may happen but today he isn’t a top 3 WR on any relevant team

I mean maybe we didn't have a suitable replacement for JC? Maybe the coaches are too loyal to him?

He is averaging 4.6 yards a carry though

Plus he's a nasty, vicious runner that fires up his teammates. Sorry but I just don't see him as a big part of the problem.

I do agree with you that the WR room is a concern.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
while the offense wasnt good -- they would have literally had to score on every drive today in order to win this game

today was 90% a defensive problem

Reactions: PJ1

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im not sure a couple preseason drives in game 1 and 2 woulda helped overcome the lack of talent on this team, or the people coaching it.

I think some of the bad routes we have seen might have been cleaned up. Seeing stuff like Benson unable to lineup and do a basic handoff is practice and coaching

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I mean maybe we didn't have a suitable replacement for JC? Maybe the coaches are too loyal to him?

He is averaging 4.6 yards a carry though

Plus he's a nasty, vicious runner that fires up his teammates. Sorry but I just don't see him as a big part of the problem.

I do agree with you that the WR room is a concern.
Again.. selective, half of his games are 3.4, 3.1 and 1.9. A long rush of 22 yards. In that 3.1 he had a 20 yard run.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cardinals started badly, so many penalties. They couldn't even overcome the cadence count of Love. They were out of the game early.

Trey McBride is one of the few Cardinals players I'm high on.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Most frustrating drive for me was when we actually had a chance to get back in the game were moving the ball well. Kyler takes a delay of game while looking right at the play clock. Beachum follows that up with not lining up on the line of scrimmage. Two vets and leaders of the team nonetheless. Many other mistakes I was screaming at for sure but this drove me crazy.

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
I should prob repeat this again.. there’s a big role for JC just not the centerpiece of our offense.
Not the centerpiece but JC is a top 10 RB in the NFL especially when the passing game is productive

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Are we saying in the top 3 or top 2?

Teams that had at least two guys with more receiving yards than Wilson coming into today:

49ers
Cowboys
Bucs
Lions
Packers
Jets
Dolphins
Ravens
Texans
Seahawks
Jags
Chiefs
Eagles
Giants
Raiders

The only team that had 4 guys with more receiving yards coming into today than Wilson was the 49ers. I’m guessing he’d be a top-4 pass catching option on about 30/32 teams depending on what you think of units like the Falcons and Seahawks. Top-3 option for at least half.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Most frustrating drive for me was when we actually had a chance to get back in the game were moving the ball well. Kyler takes a delay of game while looking right at the play clock. Beachum follows that up with not lining up on the line of scrimmage. Two vets and leaders of the team nonetheless. Many other mistakes I was screaming at for sure but this drove me crazy.
Then an awful throw to Weaver, who was open. That pretty much sealed the game.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I can't find many drives that WEREN'T frustrating lol

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22