Post Packers Overreaction Thread 2024

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Teams that had at least two guys with more receiving yards than Wilson coming into today:

49ers
Cowboys
Bucs
Lions
Packers
Jets
Dolphins
Ravens
Texans
Seahawks
Jags
Chiefs
Eagles
Giants
Raiders

The only team that had 4 guys with more receiving yards coming into today than Wilson was the 49ers. I’m guessing he’d be a top-4 pass catching option on about 30/32 teams depending on what you think of units like the Falcons and Seahawks. Top-3 option for at least half.

Top 2 unlikely. Top 3 likey. That was my exact thought

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Top 2 unlikely. Top 3 likey. That was my exact thought

There’s some bad rosters out there. Wilson would rank 1st or 2nd in receiving yards for these teams coming into today:

Panthers
Rams
Titans
Vikings
Bills
Commanders
Steelers
Bengals
Broncos
Chargers

Jayden Daniels 2nd best pass catcher in receptions/yards is Zach Ertz.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He’s certainly not a top 10 back in the year 2024. That’s a wild claim.
He objectively is a top 10 running back right now.
He's 7th in the league in rushing yards.
He has the 2nd most broken tackles in the league, only behind Derrick Henry.
Conner is 3rd in the league in yards after contact.
Conner is 2nd in the league in rushes that go at least 10 yards
Conner is 7th in the league in rushes that go at least 20 yards.

We will see if he can sustain it, he did get injured today, but right now he is producing like a top 10 running back. If you're not impressed with Conner go watch some other teams play, the position group is a wasteland, especially with guys like Bijan and Breece Hall performing poorly.

Also, Conner was the 6th best running back in the league in 2023 in terms of yards, lead the league in rushes that go at least 20 yards and had the 3rd most broken tackles. Last year he proved he is definitely capable of sustaining top 10 play.

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ultimately my poorly explained point was that not playing in the preseason seems to have no correlation with injuries hitting the team.

With a young team I would prefer them to get as many reps as possible.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most frustrating drive for me was when we actually had a chance to get back in the game were moving the ball well. Kyler takes a delay of game while looking right at the play clock. Beachum follows that up with not lining up on the line of scrimmage. Two vets and leaders of the team nonetheless. Many other mistakes I was screaming at for sure but this drove me crazy.

True but if you watch Kyler had 2 rookies on the field I think Benson and Weaver and he was trying to get them set, and lost track of the clock. on him but it's a function of the young guys not knowing where to line up yet

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He objectively is a top 10 running back right now.
He's 7th in the league in rushing yards.
He has the 2nd most broken tackles in the league, only behind Derrick Henry.
Conner is 3rd in the league in yards after contact.
Conner is 2nd in the league in rushes that go at least 10 yards
Conner is 7th in the league in rushes that go at least 20 yards.

We will see if he can sustain it, he did get injured today, but right now he is producing like a top 10 running back. If you're not impressed with Conner go watch some other teams play, the position group is a wasteland, especially with guys like Bijan and Breece Hall performing poorly.
There isn’t a team in this league that would take JC over Bijan or Breece.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
one thing I guess, Weaver showed something today. He was open on the one Kyler missed and there was an earlier play a screen play where had Kyler had time to look Weaver actually broke open in the left corner for a TD. But we not only didn't have time to throw that route, we didn't even have time to complete the screen.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There isn’t a team in this league that would take JC over Bijan or Breece.
That's based on their potential rather than their actual play. Breece has been awful this year by the way.

Even if you insert Bijan and Breece into the top 10, Conner would still be in the top 10, its not like he's number 10.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's based on their potential rather than their actual play. Breece has been awful this year by the way.

Even if you insert Bijan and Breece into the top 10, Conner would still be in the top 10, its not like he's number 10.
The funny thing is that the Kyler stans find all kinds of made up stats to claim he’s a top 10, even TOP 5 QB at times, but when you give actual stats of Conner, which by every metric that actually matters moving the football, show he’s a top 10 RB, they somehow disagree.

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score
The funny thing is that the Kyler stans find all kinds of made up stats to claim he’s a top 10, even TOP 5 QB at times, but when you give actual stats of Conner, which by every metric that actually matters moving the football, show he’s a top 10 RB, they somehow disagree.
Name the people who say this?

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
Okay, after just seeing the score of the Lions vs Cowboys game. Maybe the Cardinals aren't the only team that has No defense.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stat I just read. Murray entered todays game the top rated passer on throws that were over 2.5 seconds from the snap and 30th in throws under 2.5 seconds from the snap. In 2021 he was 9th in throws under 2021, so what's the problem? Wr's can't get open fast enough for a quick hitting short drop passing attack to work, Murray and receivers(Marv) not on the same page.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stat I just read. Murray entered todays game the top rated passer on throws that were over 2.5 seconds from the snap and 30th in throws under 2.5 seconds from the snap. In 2021 he was 9th in throws under 2021, so what's the problem? Wr's can't get open fast enough for a quick hitting short drop passing attack to work, Murray and receivers(Marv) not on the same page.

Makes sense. He is accurate when able to go through his reads. Gets uncomfortable when blitzed

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m genuinely curious what has the defense averaged in PPG/Yards within the past 10 years

No way it hasn’t been bottom 12 in the league.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22